PDA

View Full Version : Cliffy B. said it on G4 (tv for gamers)!!!

Hare
Apr 11, 2003, 01:07 AM
I Jumped up out of my seat and cussed I was so surprised! On G4 TV, durring the show, "G4TV.com", they had Cliffy B. as a guest over the phone, to talk about a bonus pack for UT2K3. I was like, "Please ask about Jazz, please ask about Jazz." And at the end of the conversation one of the hosts said it, he asked if making the same type of game all the time gets old. Cliffy B. said they had something in mind for something else, then said, "You might see a green bunny return". Heck yeah!

This isn't a joke!

Those of you who get G4 television may still get a rerun of that show. Awesome news!

Haze
Apr 11, 2003, 03:46 AM
Adding this to the frequent visits from "celebrities" plus the humble amount of hints dropped by Cliff and Noogy around this board, I'm getting quite a rush.
Ultimate proof of this statement would be a cap. Anyone able to get a capture of this show? Episode 212, either audio or video, but since it's just a phone-call audio will suffice. ;) (btw, looking at their broadcasting schedule a rerun is out of the question...)

Most likely place for new hints to be dropped: the Bash-servers this coming weekend.

defalcon
Apr 11, 2003, 06:55 AM
Indeedy. :D This is awesome news! I can't wait.

Tik
Apr 11, 2003, 07:46 AM
Holy expletive

I mean, we've been getting hints for months, but for some reason this is so cool. I dunno. :)

CelL
Apr 11, 2003, 08:14 AM
Interesting..

Stijn
Apr 11, 2003, 08:27 AM
w00t

Shiverz CC
Apr 11, 2003, 08:35 AM
COOL !!!!

But then we'll all be disappointed if this green bunny turns out not to be Jazz

Fawriel
Apr 11, 2003, 08:35 AM
http://images.deviantart.com/emoticons/odd/icon_worship.gif

defalcon
Apr 11, 2003, 08:42 AM
It was on the show <a href="http://g4tv.com/html/showinfo.asp?episode_key=686">G4TV.com</a>, this links to info on the latest ep of it. And it mentions the Cliffy phone call, but no details I can see.
Originally posted by Shiverz CC
COOL !!!!

But then we'll all be disappointed if this green bunny turns out not to be Jazz
Shiverz, check out an official concept picture in <a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?threadid=6885&perpage=40&pagenumber=3">this</a> thread. It's only a black silhouette, but it has a headband, and looks like Jazz to me. :)

$tilettø
Apr 11, 2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by >Cell<
Interesting..

Yeah !?

Trafton
Apr 11, 2003, 09:24 AM
I seriously doubt that there is any other green bunny that Epic wants to use. But, yes, that is fantastic news.

n0
Apr 11, 2003, 09:41 AM
w00tness!!!
Now i'm going to HALFTA go over to Noogy's house and ask a couple questions. I'd better call him first, though. I'll call him when I get some free time.

`N0

Black Ninja
Apr 11, 2003, 10:07 AM
a penny for my thoughts?

....or a dollar.

anyway, this is great news! I hope. Remember how we were disappointed with jj gba? i know that this one is made by Epic, yes, but keep in mind we might be disappointed again.

yes, my cup is always half empty. ;p

Fawriel
Apr 11, 2003, 10:20 AM
Yeah,but it doesn't seem like they screw up the design this time,considering that cool logo they showed us in the Rumor Machine thread...:D

FoD
Apr 11, 2003, 10:34 AM
Well, you all guessed it for so long.. about time you knew for sure. :P

Unhit
Apr 11, 2003, 11:33 AM
HOLY that's some good news!!! :D

Derby: Content removal.

SteelTalon
Apr 11, 2003, 01:57 PM
Well, as CliffyB just said that the platform market is "DEAD" in IRC, could this be a 3d Jazz FPS?

Before you start bashing your head into random objects, think about how cool this could be. Picture all of that Unreal-type polish in the Jazz universe. Think of a cross between Unreal and Sonic but with the Jazz cartoony style (although I do think cell shading would look like crap for this kind of game). Crazy jumps, walljumps, coptering, running around in a 3d environment. Then picture something like the UT2003 adrenaline system for special moves. Think about what the mayhem of multiplayer could be like. This could be seriously dope.

Batty Buddy
Apr 11, 2003, 02:08 PM
Que Passa!!!!

One thing I have against a 3D Jazz(Even though it WOULD be a cool idea.) is that, for the same amount of memory, 3D games tend not to be as (Pardon the accedental pun) epicly long as 2D games. Especially 2D-to-3D conversion games.

But, what the heck. Even I can't wait to see the cool new moves and graphics Jazz will have in a 3D word. And lets hope Eva is in it somewhere as well(The Bandana has returned as that one graphic proves, hopefully Eva will to.).
/\;)/\

Iam Canadian
Apr 11, 2003, 02:18 PM
OH. DEAR. SWEET. MOTHER. OF. PEARL.
First Jazz GBA, now this...I think we may just see a comeback of our favorite little green bunny!

Tik
Apr 11, 2003, 09:54 PM
I want an audio clip! NOW!

Haze
Apr 12, 2003, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Batty Buddy
Que Passa!!!!

One thing I have against a 3D Jazz(Even though it WOULD be a cool idea.) is that, for the same amount of memory, 3D games tend not to be as (Pardon the accedental pun) epicly long as 2D games. Especially 2D-to-3D conversion games.

But, what the heck. Even I can't wait to see the cool new moves and graphics Jazz will have in a 3D word. And lets hope Eva is in it somewhere as well(The Bandana has returned as that one graphic proves, hopefully Eva will to.).
/\;)/\

Pure-platforming is indeed kinda "dead". And keeping in mind that most likely a Jazz3D game would be Unreal-engine based you can bet for sure there'll be some shooter elements. Add to that the RPG-elements Noogy is fond of (as he's most likely in on it) and you've got yourself a great concept.
And I do mean "concept" because we'll have to wait and see what comes out of this. :)

IIRC the previously developed and cancelled Jazz3D wasn't a pure-platformer either. I seem to remember it being slightly non-lineair and had the option to increase your (weapon-)powers?

KRSplat
Apr 12, 2003, 05:20 AM
I know what G4 is. A friend of mine has it, it is his favorite channel.

But anyway, this is great news... but it still could be just a rumor. I doubt it tho

4I Falcon
Apr 12, 2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Hare
I Jumped up out of my seat and cussed I was so surprised!
As did I, after I read this. But that was mainly because I bashed my toe against the table. :D

I rarely come to this part of the forum, but I think this is worth it.

Hare
Apr 12, 2003, 06:54 PM
Heh, I try not to cuss. I probably shouldn't have added that detail :P.

Did anyone else see that show?

Tik
Apr 12, 2003, 10:12 PM
No...but I still REALLY REALLY want a clip.

*tries to look appealing*

Hare
Apr 12, 2003, 11:24 PM
lol, I'm a blessed one.

Maybe someone should email G4 to ask for an audio clip?

Txl Kill
Apr 13, 2003, 06:23 AM
think about it if Hare didnt see it, NO ONE WOULD KNOW AHHHH

KRSplat
Apr 13, 2003, 06:31 AM
yeah... thanks Hare :)

Hare
Apr 14, 2003, 03:03 AM
Oh.. hey, yeah, that was really lucky. You are welcome guys. I'm really glad that the JJ2 community got this piece of news. Too bad that nobody else was able to see that show. If anyone should know that info, though, it is us :D.

I just happened to be visiting my mom's house (she's the one with the satelite television), and staying up too late at just the right time. LOL, a Jazz Jackrabbit miracle.

<s>George</s> Hare just lucky I guess.

Hare
Apr 14, 2003, 08:41 AM
Jazz was on G4 again, this time it was video of JJ2 in action. The story was about Unreal, but they showed some Jazz 2 footage, as they went into some of the history of Cliffy B. Cliffy B. sure is on G4 a lot.

Fawriel
Apr 14, 2003, 08:46 AM
Erm...W00TW00T?:D

Hare
Apr 14, 2003, 08:52 AM
The show is still on right now, it is called Icon. It has some really good stuff. :) Like, I never played UT before, and they have video of players fighting as Nali cows. LOL, got my attention. Also they may give insight to future epic games, *hopes*

Hare
Apr 14, 2003, 09:02 AM
Ah, well, they didn't show anyhting, just a lot of Unreal. The episode was dedicated to Unreal, anyways, they probably wouldn't be interested in finding out any info on the future of a little bunny with a big gun.

Haze
Apr 14, 2003, 12:22 PM
lol, I'm a blessed one.

Maybe someone should email G4 to ask for an audio clip?

Done... well, "asked" that is. Now we can only await their response.

mikeejimbo
Apr 14, 2003, 06:52 PM
Everybody remember the FIRST time Jazz appeared in a 3D enviroment?

The bonus levels of JJ1. Think how long ago that was. Computer and processing power has increased exponentially since they first came out, and that was pretty cool. You could run, jump, and turn. Just thought I'd mention it.

Hare
Apr 15, 2003, 04:45 AM
Yeah... I didn't like that JJ2 didn't have the 3D bonus stages.

mikeejimbo
Apr 15, 2003, 03:23 PM
But unless they included a bonus level editor, (which I think would be hard.) we'd only have a limited amount to choose from. Oh well. They probably could have done it.

Tubz
Apr 15, 2003, 06:56 PM
Down with UT2K3 and anything Unreal game related.
Up with the people's main bunny: JAZZ ....JACKRABBIT.... 2!!!!

I gotta see this show, unfortunately I think G4TV.com sucks, it's boring. Lol, G4 shows 10,000 reruns of their shows i'll probably catch it tommorow. :lol:

defalcon
Apr 16, 2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by JJ Tublear
Down with UT2K3 and anything Unreal game related.
Up with the people's main bunny: JAZZ ....JACKRABBIT.... 2!!!!

I gotta see this show, unfortunately I think G4TV.com sucks, it's boring. Lol, G4 shows 10,000 reruns of their shows i'll probably catch it tommorow. :lol:
*Shakes head*. Sure, down with anything Unreal related. That'd mean no Jazz whatsoever. Why?
- They need a game engine to use. Duh.
- If they have a successful franchise going they're more likely to take a chance with Jazz.

The Trasher
Apr 17, 2003, 12:59 AM
If Epic are going to make a new Jazz game, it will likely use the Unreal Warfare engine. (The engine used in UT2k3, Unreal 2 and the like). The upside is that with Epic at the helm, the game will be a butt-load of fun, and the game will be more accessible to the first-person-shooter types. The downside is that level design will be very hard, and it'll require a working knowledge of 3D Modelling to make truly great levels. At least we won't be restricted by "tilesets" anymore, but by the allmighty framerate.

Oh, and people will be able to code new stuff in, in UnrealScript. Rock!

Hare
Apr 17, 2003, 01:04 AM
I claim this page in the name of all that is fuzzy cute stuff :D

Yeah, those custom levels are going to be harder to make... but I hear the unreal editor is becomming easier to use with each update.

Txl Kill
Apr 17, 2003, 05:18 AM
yo hare wheres my e-mail buddy ive been waiting :-p

Hare
Apr 18, 2003, 02:50 AM
yeah! I just remembered when I saw your name there, I've got some info to email you. sorry! Slipped my mind, I'm sending it as soon as I get the disk out of my box. (I'll have it to you in a few minutes)

Ok, I got it. Battle field set up! Ready! FIGHT! (lol, I like to make a show of things.)

Ninja
Apr 18, 2003, 07:07 AM
I claim this page in the name of Linkin Park.

SoulFirE
Apr 18, 2003, 07:13 AM
Get a life

Tik
Apr 19, 2003, 03:44 PM
I concur.

mikeejimbo
Apr 19, 2003, 06:39 PM
A lot of posting since I last visited...

I hadn't thought of the fact that level editing would be THAT hard. I knew it would be hard, but 'require an idea of working 3d models.' I wouldn't be surprised if Epic didn't even release a Jazz3d level editor until JJ4, or as a download from their site, if they figure they would make enough money on a JJ4.

Also, I dislike the idea of people doing their own things in UnrealScript. Neat idea, but some people would mess it up with their own skins, etc.

defalcon
Apr 19, 2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by mikeejimbo
I hadn't thought of the fact that level editing would be THAT hard. I knew it would be hard, but 'require an idea of working 3d models.' I wouldn't be surprised if Epic didn't even release a Jazz3d level editor until JJ4, or as a download from their site, if they figure they would make enough money on a JJ4.
Uhm...if it uses the Unreal engine, it will require an idea of working with 3D models - static meshes, BSP. And if you want to use custom stuff instead of what comes with the game, you need to either get meshes from somewhere or make them yourself. But it'll have UED3, so there's your editor.

Hare
Apr 20, 2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by SoulFirE
Get a life

yeah I'm working on that. :P Sorry for quoting "Zoids", already.

Fawriel
Apr 20, 2003, 02:11 PM
yeah I'm working on that. :P Sorry for quoting "Zoids", already.
I think/hope he meant Ninja claiming a page that was already claimed.

Hare
Apr 20, 2003, 07:16 PM
That is a relief, I was going to have to ask him for his name, so I can write it on a list to remember when I'm famous. :p LOL

"Aren't you the one who told me to get a life"
"Yeah, I was."
*presses a button and SoulFirE's client program goes into self destruct mode and wipes his hard drive*

:lol: Just kidding by the way.

||Slim
Apr 21, 2003, 06:42 AM
lol.

Fawriel
Apr 21, 2003, 07:39 AM
LOL, Hare! :lol:

Hare
Apr 22, 2003, 01:22 AM
But seriously, though, I have contemplated putting in some kind of administrative features in my game stuff :p. LOL, now nobody is going to want to download any game I work on.

"What happened to that guy that was heckling Hare a week ago, I never see him around anymore"
"It is odd, but I have seen him just yesterday... He was hailing from a friend's computer, and saying something about his computer being locked and playing the barney theme song on full blast all day long"

*Yes this is a joke, I seriously mean it, in all truthfullness, that the administrative features won't be there to attack people's computers.*

SoulFirE
Apr 22, 2003, 05:24 AM
I actually said it because you did it 'in the name of Linkin Park'.

Fawriel
Apr 22, 2003, 08:42 AM
How different people can be altho they had the same nickname...:rolleyes:

SoulFirE
Apr 22, 2003, 11:27 PM
Yes:D

defalcon
May 1, 2003, 01:43 AM
Well, we know Scion Studio's (an Epic-owned development thingie) is working on a new game using the Unreal Engine, and we've been hoping for a new Jazz, but the new game is probably Unreal...

http://www.planetunreal.com/
"Rumors seem to indicate that this will indeed be UT2004 and that Scion Studios is doing most of the development, but again, those are just crazy rumors."

Phooey. :(

The Trasher
May 1, 2003, 03:46 AM
Planetunreal sucks. Beyondunreal.com is where it's at. Be sure to stop in and say hi on their forums. Just... don't eat the truffles.

Krezack
May 11, 2003, 07:31 PM
I Jumped up out of my seat and cussed I was so surprised! On G4 TV, durring the show, "G4TV.com", they had Cliffy B. as a guest over the phone, to talk about a bonus pack for UT2K3. I was like, "Please ask about Jazz, please ask about Jazz." And at the end of the conversation one of the hosts said it, he asked if making the same type of game all the time gets old. Cliffy B. said they had something in mind for something else, then said, "You might see a green bunny return". Heck yeah!

This isn't a joke!

Those of you who get G4 television may still get a rerun of that show. Awesome news!

Your point? I've been around game devlopers long enough to know that when they start dropping hints, they are planning something. I didn't need that to confirm it. :D

Shiverz CC
May 13, 2003, 09:40 AM
Heh if there is a rerun :) record it and do whatever people do to get it onto computers for other people to download and watch :D

Hare
Jun 2, 2003, 02:34 AM
I could try to contact G4. They are gamer types, they'd understand the request, I'm sure. That would really rock to get a clip.

Haze
Jun 2, 2003, 04:53 AM
Wow, thread resurrection! ;) But anyway, you're welcome to go ahead and try contacting G4, Hare. I've tried yet up till this day I am still awaiting any reply.

Hare
Jun 4, 2003, 11:41 PM
I sent a message to one of the show's hostesses. Have you tried contacting the host(esses) yet?

A reply could take a couple days.