PDA

View Full Version : Ranks

Tubz
Jun 11, 2001, 05:53 PM
I think we should add more ranks to the board such as: when you reach 100 posts you become a ..... then 1000 posts you become a .....

I can't think of any names at the time. Replace the ..... with names. There used to be a Junior Member rank at the old messageboard. I guess it was removed and you became a member at 10 posts.

JJT

Zafitariers Quest is about a boy who quested to defeat a magician who did evil things.

~SPLASH~
Jun 12, 2001, 12:27 AM
edited: oop didnt read good..i thought this was about reviewing :P

well ok i think hes right

more ranks!

SPLASH, Oi, Hero 4 Hire and Byea are registered trademarks of SPLASH©

www.geocities.com/splashfella (http://www.geocities.com/splashfella)

-A cat was named after me...hurray!-

Monolith
Jun 12, 2001, 12:55 PM
I'm guessing there is a lack of ranks for the same reason they don't keep track of # of posts.

And besides, if there is no post counter for each user, then there's no way to figure out one's rank.

Bobby aka Dizzy
Jun 12, 2001, 02:33 PM
Yes, we have only one rank for the same reason we do not have a post count.

Michael
Jun 13, 2001, 04:06 AM
It's pretty good, if theres a kill count in game so-n-so then people will kill alot, if theres a post count here then people will spam alot. http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Fquist_old
Jun 13, 2001, 05:28 AM
Yes. They did that on the old forums. That's why we stopped using ranks and post counts.

EvilMike
Jun 18, 2001, 12:17 AM
Another way to fix the problem is to allow users to choose their titles, or have their titles be upgraded by the admins if they are a board regular and make usefull and non spam-like posts.

I have seen it done before and it seems to work quite well.

One system I quite liked gave each poster a rating. They start at 0 when they join, and then can be upgraded or downgraded by the admins depending on what they do. If they get down to -5 they become banned, and if they get up to +5 they get to have their own title.

Aiko
Jun 21, 2001, 08:40 AM
They spam everything anyways (post count or not). Check out the Misc forum, some guys there obviously lost their mind (you recognized the development? at first, Misc here really started to attract me after it really pi**ed me off at the end of the JMMB...but the past few weeks new people came here or came back and messed up everything).

Oh well, who cares.

Fquist_old
Jun 21, 2001, 08:58 AM
I care. We are trying to do about it everything we can.. it's sad. Because of this junk I haven't been able to do things like working on improvements of j2o/jcf..

And aiko.. some people do spam less without postcounts..

Evilmike, we'll see.

$tilettø
Jun 21, 2001, 09:45 AM
Post counts are cool

and FreeLance realy Spams very much in Misc

Newspaz
Jun 21, 2001, 12:04 PM
Spamming, how about making something like making more then 10 posts a day will kick the user for 2 days.

EvilMike
Jun 21, 2001, 12:20 PM
Once on one message board, (non jj2, it's closed now though) I sometimes had so much time I made 50 posts a day that were non-spam. Here I make more than 10 posts a day too. I say moderators should just become more harsh with stuff, but not too harsh ;P.

Another way to prevent spam is to make a spam FORUM. Move all the spam there, and let people post their heads off with useless stuff. I have seen it done before, and it seems to work.

Fquist_old
Jun 21, 2001, 12:24 PM
Comedy central is kind of meant for that.

GRGenEXMRTNK
Jun 21, 2001, 12:38 PM
Can my rank just be "spammer"?

Electric Ir
Jun 24, 2001, 11:00 AM
Well, if they do that with all the users who has reached that post count, that would be mean. Someone who has reached that # of posts in 3 years is called "Spammer". Thats not true, at all. And not fair. And not true. And not fair, also. And also not true. And its not fair even. Not true, and not fair. Not fair and not true, but also not very truefair. Get it?

Fquist_old
Jun 24, 2001, 11:04 AM
Don't bother replying, electric. Our friend has ceased to exist.