PDA

View Full Version : I drew someting again, finally.

Hare
Apr 15, 2003, 03:01 AM
I don't know what came over me, but I drew once again, after so long of not drawing things. I actually like this one too. This image isn't finished yet, but I took a break and looked at it, and found that it looks nice enough as it is. I made this to advertise a clan that only exists in my imagination. I had fun with this one, imagining that I'd head a clan for my Jazzer X project some day.

I'm surprised that it turned out so good. Perhaps I used to be so shrouded in gloom that I hardly noticed the nice things anymore, and didn't think my art was good enough a while back.

http://groups.msn.com/purrhead/shawnsartii.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=163

The name for the clan is "Polecats of Third Haven". I like that word, "polecat". It is just a fancy word for skunk, but it has it's charm.

GuMmYBeAr!
Apr 15, 2003, 03:44 AM
I lack words to describe; I've always sucked at commenting pretty stuff anyway. ;P

..I love.. the expressions, the shapes, the coloring, the characters, the guns, the everything else. :D

Lama
Apr 15, 2003, 04:08 AM
It's a bit rough around the edges and a bit boxy but I like the coloring and the facial expressions of the characters.

Batty Buddy
Apr 15, 2003, 08:20 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Me likie blasters.

Just one question: Are they cybernetic attachments, or just guns that fit over the hands.

Radium
Apr 15, 2003, 11:57 AM
Noogy seemed to like it =P.

I really like the expressions, but I think his waist may be a little too thin (He has a thinner waist than the girl standing next to him.)

Hare
Apr 15, 2003, 10:42 PM
Batty B. Those are blasters that fit over the hands.

Radium, Noogy liked it? Wow! I'm going to check the noogy art forum next :D *stars in Hare's eyes* lol

Lama, yeah it is a bit boxy, I don't know where I picked that up... perhps I did it to make it easier to turn them into 3D models... Oh yeah, now I remember, I DID do that to make it easier to make their 3D forms :). I did make a model with actual cheek fur spiking out, I can't remember how long that took though. My latest model I'm making has cheeks and a brow, and it is taking a ong time. (it is the face in the Jazzer X Project picture in my sig. See? That one has boxy cheek ruffs too, boy am I thankful :P)

Thanks for the feedback, Radium. Spring posted an antomy chart on the Noogy animation forum, I'm planning on studying that. That way I can keep from making that mistake again.

Captain Spam
Apr 17, 2003, 07:37 PM
"Polecats of Third Haven"? Why not "SKUNKS... IN... SPAAAAAAAAACE!!!"? :-)

Very nice, Hare. A curious, slightly more complex cartoony style. And they're good pics, but I do agree, the male's waist is a bit thin. Kinda looks more like a female waistline, to a point.

I've gotta learn to draw more complex clothes sometime... :-)

Hare
Apr 18, 2003, 01:04 AM
Cool, so you are saying my style is unique?
"That's a relief, I thought I'd look just like Ben" -Stuart Little

I'm always glad if my work looks original, I get so nervous about my art looking like other people's work. I was working on the "Peter Caughtintails" picture, and realized that Beasty's head looked like bonnie's, so I had to re-do some of it. I hate messing up like that.