PDA

View Full Version : IRC Channel

StevieNera aka Sp4z00
Jun 11, 2001, 06:45 PM
hmmn, do we have an irc channel? just wanted to know because if we dont, i can easily register one on irc.gamesnet.net http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tweety
Jun 12, 2001, 01:58 AM
We tried it twice(?), but none of them lived for long. So I don't think this would be used much either. We have our board, JJ2 and programs like ICQ or MSN Messenger to communicate, who needs an IRC channel? ;P

Fear
Jun 12, 2001, 05:43 AM
Mirc rocks anyway....

Zero-Dai
Jun 27, 2001, 06:10 AM
I prefer chat channels. ICQ, AIM, and MSN are more Private message related, the forums, well, you make posts once a day (well, you should) and come back the enxt day to post more :P I want an IRC chan so I can talk and talk and talk etc. etc. to you guys. You're fun on the forums, why not on IRC?

EvilMike
Jun 27, 2001, 11:24 AM
I agree that JJ2 needs an IRC channel. I would probably prefer one of the servers I have a regestered nick on, but any one that has a fast connection is fine with me. The problem with the other #JJ2 channels was that they were not promoted enough. None of the sites advertised the channel, so not many people knew about it. Maybie naxt time J2O could have a link to the channel beside the link to the forum (it could open a java appelet).

SteelTalon
Jun 27, 2001, 11:53 AM
The problem isn't not having the channel it's not having the people to talk in the channel. We don't have enough people playing JJ2, let alone talking about it. =P

Captain Spam
Jun 27, 2001, 05:47 PM
We've tried IRC channels before. We tried 'em on dalnet and efnet before, and if I started one, it'd wind up on SlashNet... but, like the others, it'd prolly wind up dead-like.

We seem a bit more likely to chat in a message board than on an IRC channel, I'm afraid. And our private conversations wind up on ICQ/AIM/MSN/Jabber/etc. I wouldn't mind an IRC channel on SlashNet, but IRC's never worked well with us.

And every server besides SlashNet has problems with my username. <small>And REAL IRC users don't use mIRC. :-)</small>

EvilMike
Jun 27, 2001, 09:07 PM
I don't care. Mirc is easier http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif. I'm not a REAL IRC user as you would say though, I'm just a casual user. I think the old channels died because of lack of promotion. I really think if all of the jazz2 sites add a java appelet that links to the chat room we could have a semi-popular channel. At least five people at a time.

Fquist_old
Jun 28, 2001, 03:31 AM
If sometimes jj2 doesn't even have 5 people at a time.. cough..

John
Jun 30, 2001, 03:58 PM
what do you use then spam? MS Chat? http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EvilMike
Jun 30, 2001, 04:01 PM
Just a few hours ago I had 12 people in my server. And there were 9 servers up!

StevieNera aka Sp4z00
Jul 7, 2001, 06:52 AM
hrm, so no irc channel? If so than thats fine with me. However, promotion of the channel wouldnt be too hard =]

Monolith
Jul 7, 2001, 10:40 AM
I believe he uses BX (not going to say the full name) as an IRC client, but that was besides his point. It just hasn't seemd like we're the IRC chatting type.