PDA

View Full Version : The fruits of many hours of hard work....

Fawriel
Apr 20, 2003, 02:07 PM
*pantpantcough*

Pheeeeeeeee-eeew.....

I'm done.
This is all there is to be said. Read the friggin description if you want to know about it. I'm TIRED! X_@
My birthday present for Dev the Magister (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/1718156)

This will also be my debut at Noogy's forum!*stretches*^^

Radium
Apr 20, 2003, 03:05 PM
<s>What? You're both fruits?</s>
Actually, it's fairly good. They look a little thin, though

Fawriel
Apr 20, 2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Radium
<s>What? You're both fruits?</s>
Actually, it's fairly good. They look a little thin, though Erm...the"fruit" thing was meant symbolically...
And...wow. Just wow. Wouldn't've thought I'd get positive feedback from YOU...=D;;
Well, thanks.:)

Radium
Apr 20, 2003, 03:12 PM
Don't worry, I already told the people at Noogy's forum to give you tons of painful critisizim.

Fawriel
Apr 20, 2003, 03:18 PM
Believe it or not, but
1. they won't.
2. YAY! :p

Radium
Apr 20, 2003, 03:21 PM
You should expect critisizim there because you aren't going to get any "Yay U ruXorz I luf j00"s. It's good critisizim, though.

Fawriel
Apr 20, 2003, 03:28 PM
You should expect critisizim there because you aren't going to get any "Yay U ruXorz I luf j00"s. It's good critisizim, though. I know, man, that's what I was going for. I need to catch up a lot since I lack experience.
I asked them to be nice anyways...:D

Hare
Apr 20, 2003, 06:21 PM
Yay U ruXorz I luf j00

*heads over to the Noogy forum now, to post his criticism*

Lama
Apr 20, 2003, 08:03 PM
*Does the exact same thing as Hare.

Captain Spam
Apr 21, 2003, 01:14 AM
Nice. Love the sword. :-) And the baggy details in the clothes... I swear that's something I'll never master...

Fawriel
Apr 21, 2003, 06:34 AM
Radium.... this forum was the worst suggestion I ever got. Thanks.

Lamer, you are lame. Hare, thanks.

Woot bye.

Radium
Apr 21, 2003, 12:31 PM
"First off, if anyone carries any more of this Jazz forum nonsense over here, I will have no choice but to ban every offending member. This is not 'that' forum." -Noogy

I want to put that quote in my sig so badly.

Fawriel
Apr 21, 2003, 12:35 PM
Why?

Batty Buddy
Apr 21, 2003, 01:10 PM
Que Passa!!!!

COOL SWORD!

COOL SWORD GOOD!

ME LIKE COOL SWORD!

Radium
Apr 21, 2003, 03:26 PM
This is dangerous.

*Takes away any pointy/sharp objects Batty has, puts him in a straightjacket, throws him in a room with padded walls*

Captain Spam
Apr 21, 2003, 04:55 PM
Oh, geez... I don't think you want to know how much damage Batty can do in a straightjacket, let ALONE in a padded room... :-)

Tik
Apr 21, 2003, 05:06 PM
Whoa, Faw, your skills have increased a ton. Very very nice work here, now just color it =P

Kaz
Apr 21, 2003, 05:53 PM
So very tempting to throw something mean at Radium, but I've said enough for a week ;p.

Faw, I can't find anything wrong with this picture, keep that in mind. Needless to say, it's very excellent and outdoes your other pictures by quite a bit. I like the shading, the anime style (eye so huge x.x), and the correctness of everything. No errors/Perfect in senses, but in not all, becuase I can't say perfect ^^.

Lama
Apr 21, 2003, 10:31 PM
Fawriel, I was only kidding about you needing more talent; the drawing is decent. It's just that the strike tag didn't work properly on Noogy's forum. And the bit about Radium being your boyfriend was just a joke, if you didn't figure that out.

Hare
Apr 21, 2003, 11:53 PM
Yeah, but as Noogy pointed out, things go a bit differently over there.

Lama
Apr 22, 2003, 01:33 AM
I know, he said "Jazz forum nonsense." :)

Radium
Apr 22, 2003, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by Lama
I know, he said "Jazz forum nonsense." :)
"This is not 'that' forum."
YEah, we have our own pronoun now!

Fawriel
Apr 22, 2003, 07:56 AM
W00t! JCF's taking over the dictionary! :D

Thanks for all the kind comments, guys, very muchly appreaciated. ^_^

I forgot to mention tho, that Dev's head got rather large, because, well, it's animé, and funny scenes in animés usually have screwed anatomy... so I gave hima large head to make his stare stand out. STRIKE! :p

Lama, I realized you were joking, but I was kinda in a bad mood because I only got cricisms, no welcomes or even CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. XP

And thanks, Batty, I like going for the unusual, especially with my weapons... one of my characters uses hairclips in battle, another uses a book...:D
You'll find many curiousities! ^_^

And finally, thanks to Radium for the tip (as in suggestion ) he gave me in Noogy's forum, why didn't you say that earlier? :p

Batty Buddy
Apr 22, 2003, 08:05 AM
Que Passa!!!!

And thanks, Batty, I like going for the unusual, especially with my weapons... one of my characters uses hairclips in battle, another uses a book...:D

A book, I can imagine, but hairclips, I'd need to see sometime(I can almost imagine them used as weopons, but not quite.).

Fawriel
Apr 22, 2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Batty Buddy
Que Passa!!!!

A book, I can imagine, but hairclips, I'd need to see sometime(I can almost imagine them used as weopons, but not quite.).
I could draw that, but I have two other pictures planned before...

Well, Kariya, the girl using them has those clips with large pearls clipped to her hair which is REALLY long, and then she jumps at the enemy and quickly turns around so the opponent is hit by the pearl in the hairclip. ^^;;
Must look cool, heehee...^-^

Takiri, the woman using the book either simply hits the opponent with it or uses telekinesis to let it float.

Radium
Apr 22, 2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Fawriel
I didn't use those pictures as a reference, in fact, I used a scientific anatomical model downloaded from Google.
The problem with using something from google is that anyone could have made it. From now on, I suggest you use my highly accurate model:
http://www.foxmage.com/Anatomy.gif
This image was a joke, by the way, if you didn't figure that out on your own.

Fawriel
Apr 22, 2003, 12:44 PM
Doh, Radium, it was a graphic of a man showing the systems of muscles.
It's the cover of a book or something else called Laboratory Dissections.
HOW STUPID DO YOU THINK I AM?
(And, please, do not answer this. Thanks. And I DID reach a non-suicidal state of mind. *wink nudge kickkickkickstabstabstab fry burn buryalive* )

Batty Buddy
Apr 22, 2003, 12:47 PM
Que Passa!!!!

The problem with using something from google is that anyone could have made it. From now on, I suggest you use my highly accurate model:
http://www.foxmage.com/Anatomy.gif
This image was a joke, by the way, if you didn't figure that out on your own.

Radium, I'm suing you for violation of copyright laws. Thats the model I use.

Captain Spam
Apr 22, 2003, 02:40 PM
THAT'S what I keep forgetting in my human pics! The thorax! :-)

Radium
Apr 22, 2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Piccolo
HOW STUPID DO YOU THINK I AM?
About 12.5 out of 10.

Fawriel
Apr 22, 2003, 02:47 PM
About 12.5 out of 10.
I'll take that 10 is "highly intelligent". ^_^

(*pats report button like Mister No his cat...* )

Oh, and...
Cap'n: ROFL!:D

Radium
Apr 22, 2003, 02:57 PM
I'll take that 10 is "highly intelligent". ^_^
Well, the question was "How stupid do you think I am?"

Fawriel
Apr 22, 2003, 03:00 PM
Yes. But then again, you can tell how stupid someone is by saying how intelligent the person is. Which you did.

Radium
Apr 22, 2003, 03:12 PM
Yes. But then again, you can tell how stupid someone is by saying how intelligent the person is. Which you did.
Alright, so I'm working with negatives. It's like saying "zero plus negative 12.5". Live with it.

Oh, and about the drawing (the orginal subject of this thread, remember?), I think it would better if they both weren't so... well, paralell. It appears to be viewing them from a perfect sideways angle, which is quite unrealistic. They also look too straight (I mean that in the geometric way, since you already said they're both fruits). The sword looks pretty heavy, so Faw's shoulders should twist away from the viewer. Also, his left foot should really be closer to the viewer, and his hips a bit to his right. The hips are the center of gravity, so with a sword over his right shoulder while standing straight, he'd probably fall over. If a character is holding something heavy, they should move their shoulders or hips to stay balanced. He makes the sword look light, giving the viewer the impression it's made of styrofoam or something. If he appears to be putting effort into holding it up, the viewer gets the impression he's about to bash someone's skull in with a heavy weapon.

Lama
Apr 22, 2003, 03:26 PM

And finally, thanks to Radium for the tip (as in suggestion ) he gave me in Noogy's forum, why didn't you say that earlier? :p

OMG. Does this mean that *gulp* you two are actually friends now? :lol:

Radium
Apr 22, 2003, 03:54 PM
OMG. Does this mean that *gulp* you two are actually friends now? :lol:

NO.

Kaz
Apr 22, 2003, 08:33 PM
:roll:

Radium, it really seems like you're trying to make up criticism for this. All of your critics are several posts apart.. quit please. Faw just got over being suicidal, and if you start hitting on him, he'll probably go back to being suicidal (as the many before have XD).

Radium
Apr 23, 2003, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Kaz
Radium, it really seems like you're trying to make up criticism for this. All of your critics are several posts apart.
I just keep noticing more stuff wrong.

Radium
Apr 23, 2003, 04:02 AM
Radium, I'm suing you for violation of copyright laws. Thats the model I use.
Batty, I'm suing you for violation of copyright laws. I made that model.

Fawriel
Apr 23, 2003, 08:03 AM
Rad, you may shut up now.

Fawriel
Apr 23, 2003, 08:07 AM
And, btw, the total sideview was intended. I should start learning to draw simple scenes well before I start with complicated angles or stuff.
Hell, you sound as if I was supposed to draw stuff perfectly.

About the weight of the sword, it is very heavy, but by the time Faw received it, he should be strong enough to lift a car plus family driving it like that.
I did check how to stand with such a sword on myself, hence that I knew that the shoulderblade stands out.
And what's with this parralel thing, am I supposed to walk as if I were in the army?

PAGE CLAIMED IN THE NAME OF ART! ^_^

GuMmYBeAr!
Apr 23, 2003, 08:34 AM
I must ask.

Why do you GUYS hate each other so much? And why do you keep dissing Faw, Raddi?

I really like you, Raddi, but. You are pushing things a little too far with him. *Hugs, pats.* Be nice.

And, Faw, you know what I think of the picture. I told you already, when you showed me. ;D

Fawriel
Apr 23, 2003, 08:53 AM
*hugs Gummeh* n_n

Well, it's like this...

*hangs a little board to the wall with a stick-figure drawing of him and Radium*

This is Radium.*points* Radium thinks he has more talent than me. *points*
So Radium wants to be a big, big boy and makes fun of the Fawriel who has less experience than him. *points at Radium's and his own drawings*
What Radium doesn't know is...
*takes the little board down and replaces it with a giant poster advertising his game*
...that in a few years, I will have gotten enough experience to draw images Radium's mind *pulls a walnut out of his pocket and points at it* cannot even imagine now and that I will earn a lot of money with this game. *points at a picture of Scrooge McDucks house*
Then, Radium will stand in front of the door of my house and ask for a job. And I will laugh at him and make him work me. And laugh at him.

Also, Radium's mind *opens the walnut and points at the red ants running around in it* is a little sick and makes him unable to show good feelings. Poor, poor Radium.

That was "The JCF-Journal" with your moderator Fawriel Yxinelamay.
Back to you, Batty!

Batty: Que Passa!!!! Yes, Faw, this was truly amazing. Now to the weather...

Tik
Apr 23, 2003, 08:57 AM
Haha, this whole thread is quite amusing. And this Fawriel vs. Radium stuff is gold. Just don't take it too far. It's still hilarious though.

Batty Buddy
Apr 23, 2003, 09:00 AM
Que Passa!!!!

The weather is slightly hot in some places, freakin cold in other places, and drearily rainy in even more places... However, I don't really have the time to go checking out which SPECIFIC places have which SPECIFIC weather, so do it the easy way and stick your head out the window.

Radium
Apr 23, 2003, 01:08 PM
takes the little board down and replaces it with a giant poster advertising his game*
...that in a few years, I will have gotten enough experience to draw images Radium's mind *pulls a walnut out of his pocket and points at it* cannot even imagine now and that I will earn a lot of money with this game. *points at a picture of Scrooge McDucks house*
Then, Radium will stand in front of the door of my house and ask for a job. And I will laugh at him and make him work me. And laugh at him.
Yes, I know about your game. you talked about it on Noogy's forum. Yes, I know you'll be able to draw better than me in a few years, because I can see into the future (at occasional, random, times). I'm not sure about comparing my mind to a walnut, though. I could name some other unexpected things that happen in the future too, but that would ruin all the fun.
Hell, you sound as if I was supposed to draw stuff perfectly.
Prehaps you would prefer if I gave bad advice and as you got better (which you wouldn't without good critisizim) gradually gave better advice.
The problem with things you draw is that you cover your mistakes with things like "It's anime! They're supposed to be disfigured!" or "It was meant to be a perfect side view!". You need to understand the mistakes you make by listening to critisizim, and try not to make them again in future projects. Maybe even keep a list of mistakes you've made, and read it before working on something, so you don't make them again. If you think critisizim dosn't help, look at some of my old stuff on Noogy's forum (that was me BEFORE I was given critisizim). Also, you say things like "I'm starting out easy, I'll do complex stuff later". You don't learn by succeeding at what your able to do, you learn by failing at what you're unable to do.
If you ever need help drawing or programming, just ask me. I'll gladly teach everything I know.

Oh, and I forgot to insult you; NO

Fawriel
Apr 23, 2003, 02:01 PM
Maybe you are right. But then again, I'm not in an urge to become so much better at once.. right now, drawing is more of a hobby to me, I'll draw stuff when I feel like it, and when I feel I want to become better, I draw something giant when I feel like it.
Right now, I feel like drawing some swords. Cos swords are fun. Not because I need them or anything. I just do.
And Radium, I appreciate your advice.
I suppose the one about drawing muscles as shading is gonna make future drawings of mine a tad better. ^^
But that one about all that parrelel stuff was even too hard for me to UNDERSTAND. I had no idea what you were talking about! ^^;;;;

I'd say give newbies advice how to draw decent pictures (like "that arm is to long" or"if he stands like that, that must look like that" etc) and rather experienced artists advice how to draw good pictures. And those who mastered that, advice to draw perfect pictures. I'm still unexperienced. That picture this thread is about was sorta an accident, and I had to work very long for it. As soon as I manage to do this good without looking at a dissected man all 5 seconds, you may give me advice on how to make it perfect. Or do it before, but I'll most likely won't be able to follow that advice at that point.
Deal?

(And I'm glad that you understand that I have talent. :D Thanks. )

NOTE: EVERYONE! THIS DOES NOT MEAN WE LIKE EACH OTHER. IT JUST MEANS I AM A PEACEFUL PERSON,

OMG LOL RADUM U SUX BAK LOL!!!!!!11111 8D~

Batty Buddy
Apr 23, 2003, 02:26 PM
Que Passa!!!!

I hope that this doesn't ruin you two's enemy-ship...
/\:(/\

Fawriel
Apr 23, 2003, 02:29 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Nah. Radium can't stop. *points at the walnut again*
And I will keep defending myself and attack some if I feel like it.
But as said, we shouldn't overdo it! XP

Radium
Apr 23, 2003, 02:31 PM
Not after the walnut. Especially after it was being eaten by ants.

Actually, Faw, have you ever taken Noogy's tutorial?

Fawriel
Apr 23, 2003, 02:37 PM
The walnut was meant to say you're nuts. So am I. :p
The ants were supposed to symbolize your chronic being aggressive and such.

I didn't take the most of it...maybe I will soon, forgot about it...
Ah heck, I still didn't start drawing these swords! XP

Batty Buddy
Apr 23, 2003, 02:38 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Glad to see that things are still going to be the way they always were. I couldn't imagine you two getting along.

"YEAY!"
"No, Gir, that's BAD..."
"YEAY!"
-Conversation
Invader Zim

Fawriel
Apr 23, 2003, 02:49 PM
<s>To be honest, I have no idea if we get along. So I'll just play along since everybody seems to love it. :p</s>

I mean..."*cough*"

Radium
Apr 23, 2003, 02:52 PM
Using a form of construction (planing out a figure using basic shapes) helps draw complex figures or 3/4 view pictures, and is very helpful for doing animation. I seem to remember hearing somewhere, I think in Noogy's tutorial, that he got his construction method by "reverse engineering" his figure drawings, which dosn't sound like a bad idea.

Oh, and walnuts are small. Like your brain. Next time I'd prefer if you have a pumpkin symbolizing my brain.

Fawriel
Apr 23, 2003, 03:01 PM
Hmh, I'll check it out.

And I have to say that this was the most childish insult I ever got from you.
Thought you knew all brains are the same large, only women's weigh a little more.
It matters how complex the nerves and everything are in one's brain, not the size. Sort of like the OTHER problem about sizes...*a-hem*

But okay, as you wish.

*puts the walnut away*

*takes out this pumpkin:

http://x-pollen.com/tubers/after.jpg *

Theeere...^^

Radium
Apr 23, 2003, 03:57 PM
Well, I meant preferrably without the filling scooped out.

Blackraptor
Apr 23, 2003, 05:00 PM
Radium is allergic to friends.

Anyways, the picture is awesome! I _Never_ Had expected it to be this good! Wow Faw, your drawings are good enough to make it into some furry good quality RPG games or something, they're awesome. I, unlike everyone else, don't think you should color it, because it looks great as it is, and color may ruin it.

Radium
Apr 23, 2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Blackraptor
Radium is allergic to friends.

That sounds quite accurate.

Kaz
Apr 23, 2003, 06:29 PM
O.o... Radium must also be allergic to girlfriends.

Lama
Apr 24, 2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by GuMmYBeAr!

Why do you GUYS hate each other so much? And why do you keep dissing Faw, Raddi?

Well, you know how kids these days (http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7808) are. They're pretty much insane. :lol:

Fawriel
Apr 24, 2003, 06:00 AM
Well, you know how kids these days (http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7808) are. They're pretty much insane. :lol:
Heeeey, don't compare me with kids like THAT! XP

And thanks a lot to Blacky! =)
THat's one reason why I didn't color it, apart from that Dev was so anxious to see his present.. ^_^