PDA

View Full Version : A lil' Sketch

Anaiyu
Apr 23, 2003, 09:27 AM
This little "Mystery Project" or "*It*" or whatever the heck it's called is getting everyone pretty hyped. I was doodling around and here's what came out:

Big File on Angelfire:
http://www.angelfire.com/vamp/vampirehalfling/JJRun.jpg

Smaller on Geocities:
http://www.geocities.com/barneybitme/JJ.html

Please excuse my horrible handwriting.

Fawriel
Apr 23, 2003, 09:35 AM
HAH, Funkytown! :D
VERY cool sketch, nice coloring and good style, you caught our fav bunny very well! ^_^

Batty Buddy
Apr 23, 2003, 11:18 AM
Que Passa!!!!

I like Jazz's facial expression, and the spinwheel(thats what I call it when a cartoon characters legs are moving like that. Does it actually have a different offical name?)

Captain Spam
Apr 23, 2003, 01:46 PM
Awwwww, yeah. Nothing like the good ol' spinwheel (I guess we're calling it that) legs trick to convey the sense of running for your life. Awww, yeah. A classic. :-)

Excellent job. Really does look like Jazz. In a panic. Running for his life. Yeah. :-) Though his left forearm (front arm to perspective) looks a bit like it's bending the wrong way before the elbow. Might just be an illusion, given the fur at his elbow and shoulder, though.

And one other thing... if you're going to post a smaller image, please, actually reduce the size of it first. If you just use HTML tricks to shrink it (i.e. add WIDTH=x HEIGHT=y attributes to an IMG SRC tag), we're still downloading the same-size image, it's just that the browser has to shrink it afterward. Nasty on memory use. Especially to folk like me who haven't been able to afford a new computer since the days of the 400MHz Celeron. :-)

Tik
Apr 23, 2003, 08:23 PM
Very good. I love the spinwheels too. And I don't see what you're complaining about your hand writing. Looks fine to me.

Something looks out of place with the right arm, but it's still drawn nicely =P. You've skill :)

Anaiyu
Apr 23, 2003, 08:48 PM
Hehe, thank you all. I noticed something with the arm where you can see the whole thing. The one Spammy was referring to. The upper part is a bit too long and how I did the fur makes it look like he doesn't have an elbow and it's just kind of.... hanging....

But yeah, thanks. That's practically my first time drawing an actual cartoon in over a year... :r

Bluez
Apr 23, 2003, 09:40 PM
I give it four and a half thumbs up, anyway.

-Bluezy Bunny

Hare
Apr 25, 2003, 03:51 AM
Nice :). But I think the big one is a bit <u>too</u> big.

Bluez
Apr 25, 2003, 08:00 AM
But if it isn't big, how do you expect her to fit it on a decent-sized poster?

-Bluezy Bunny

Anaiyu
Apr 25, 2003, 09:14 AM
From now on I'll try to resize all the art I post here (which isn't much, anyways). I had to post it fairly quick becuase I'm only allowed 30 minutes on the computer per day for the time being. Why? Because it's Spring Break and I have two fat projects worth half my grade in each class. :( My parents are paranoid about me finishing them. Yeah. It's peachy. Sorry about them being all biggy-ish.

Hare: The big one is meant for quick computers who can size down the image automatically.

Tik
Apr 25, 2003, 09:18 AM
Images being huge is good because then they can be manipulated more easily and accurately...on computers. Or maybe that's just my opinion.

Gotta love school...give you all of the big projects when you're supposed to be relaxing. Sucks.

Anaiyu
Apr 25, 2003, 09:24 AM
Indeed.

Spazout, I have something for you. o_O;; I don't know how to give it to you, though. E-mail or should I just post it?

Tik
Apr 25, 2003, 09:26 AM
Uhhhm... e-mail it I guess :) You can always post it later if you want.

jzinx@juno.com

Anaiyu
Apr 25, 2003, 09:34 AM
Ehhh... Big or small? o_o;

Tik
Apr 25, 2003, 09:36 AM
Um...both =P

Anaiyu
Apr 25, 2003, 09:37 AM
...... Okay.

..:: cough ::.. You're doomed ..:: cough ::..

Tik
Apr 25, 2003, 09:40 AM
I enjoy the feeling of impending doom, makes me enjoy the simple pleasures of life. Like bacon. Or socks. And I'm going to ramble until I get home to see what you sent. Wheeee

*spam*

Anaiyu
Apr 25, 2003, 09:44 AM
EHEH. Problem.

Big one is too big. I'll just send the smaller one.

Tik
Apr 25, 2003, 09:44 AM
That's fine. Maybe some time you can upload the larger one somewhere if you want. I dunno.

Anaiyu
Apr 25, 2003, 09:45 AM
So is the smaller one.... Okay. I'll post it then. -.-;

Tik
Apr 25, 2003, 09:47 AM
Go for it. I won't be able to view it until later though. Mwah.