PDA

View Full Version : Anime style and something completely different

Hare
Apr 25, 2003, 03:54 AM
Hi! I just got my new computer. I named him Praise_Monster . If you were to connect to my PC on a network, that is what you'd see: Connecting to Praise_Monster. It IS a monster too! I'm still getting used to this 21 inch monitor (I just had to have it for my art and 3D stuff). I almost have to turn my head to read these posts. Anyways, Praise_Monster doesn't have any good image editing software on him yet, so I had to color this image in paint. I made it after watching anime stuff, and oggling at the awesome animation that would take me a thousand years to accomplish. (not only well animated... but the DETAIL! AAA!). Basicly I just made a beasty with more detail.

http://groups.msn.com/purrhead/shawnsartii.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=167

...Hmm.. I think he ate too much lilacs.

And now something completely different: I found out how to go into wireframe mode on 3D GameStudio. Spiffy!

http://groups.msn.com/purrhead/screenshots.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=168

I wonder how far off this is from boarder line art... I mean, if it would draw those lines only in the specific areas and stuff. Yeah, that window is running at 23 fps. Praise monster is a powerhouse, but the window was low resolution enlarged and anti-aliased, and I think he's not good at that combination. Normally he runs much faster. It is ok, mr monster, I understand. lol.

Radium
Apr 25, 2003, 04:05 AM
Wow, that's very good, especially colored in paint.

Hare
Apr 25, 2003, 04:17 AM
Thanks. It really isn't that difficult. Just draw the outlines, and fill them in. True, mouse art takes some practice, though. When I first tried it back in '96 I didn't get the concept too well, and didn't do it very good.

Oh yeah, and zooming in is your friend :). All the lines I drew there, were made while I was zoomed into the picture. Better lines that way.

Fawriel
Apr 25, 2003, 07:47 AM
Well, in Paint isn't easy...
Cool picture, I've gotta try poses like this sometime...hmh...

Anaiyu
Apr 25, 2003, 09:17 AM
Woah. You're awesome at furry art. I like the colors on the first one. :)

Keep up the good work. :) :) :)

Batty Buddy
Apr 25, 2003, 10:20 AM
Que Passa!!!!

I keep TELLING people MS Paint is capable of great things... But nobody really believes me until something like this is created, and they forget it shortly after.

MS paint is JUST as good as any of those other things, it just takes longer to do things with it.

Ducky
Apr 25, 2003, 03:46 PM
Every single piece of my art has been drawn with a mouse. I hate mice.

/rant

That purple guy is so ruX0r. I'm kidnapping him and all of his tails.

Batty Buddy
Apr 25, 2003, 10:22 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Originally posted by Ducky

HA, You'll NEVER be able to kidnap ALL his tails, Ducky... Bwa ha ha ha...

... And the ones that escape will hunt you down to avenge their brotherin... BWA HA HA!!!

Hare
Apr 26, 2003, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Ducky

Sorry, but all your beast are belong to us. :p

Thanks guys, I didn't expect to get 7 replys in one day. :D

By the way, Batty B. When are you going to start scanning your pictures in a high dpi, then shrinking them down with antialiasing when they are done? It'll smooth out your lines, so they aren't so pixelated.

Radium
Apr 26, 2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Hare
By the way, Batty B. When are you going to start scanning your pictures in a high dpi, then shrinking them down with antialiasing when they are done? It'll smooth out your lines, so they aren't so pixelated.
MsPaint can't shrink images (HA!).

Fawriel
Apr 26, 2003, 08:22 AM
Could be wrong, but I think he doesn't even have a scanner...

Batty Buddy
Apr 26, 2003, 08:56 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Originally posted by Piccolo
Could be wrong, but I think he doesn't even have a scanner...

Well... It gets a little wierd there:

1) I have one, but it doesn't work
2) My mom has one but I'm not allowed to use it, and when I do it can't shrink images(Or, if it can, I don't know how to make it do that.)
3) My school has one which is the one I usually use, but I have to share it with the rest of the school

Everything I do that is scanned is edited by MS Paint(Usually coloring, erasing mistakes, and typing words.).

(And while I'm coming clean, I must state that I follow Antonio Prohias's technique of compleatly redrawing an image in pen, rather then truely inking something...)

But I WILL keep your suggestion in mind. HEY, I'm young and still trying to find ways of improvment.

Fawriel
Apr 26, 2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Batty Buddy
Que Passa!!!!

Well... It gets a little wierd there:

1) I have one, but it doesn't work
2) My mom has one but I'm not allowed to use it, and when I do it can't shrink images
3) My school has one which is the one I usually use, but I have to share it with the rest of the school

But I WILL keep your suggestion in mind.
Erm.. to resize images...

Download IrfanView... (http://www.irfanview.com/)

It can resize images, give them different format, and do practically anything, it can even be used to scan pictures...

(Be happy I'm helpful, I'm in a bad mood right now...XP )

Hare
Apr 27, 2003, 12:36 PM
Paint can shrink images, it just doesn't have anti-aliasing, and doesn't support images over 72dpi (if you put one in threre, it will be shown enlarged at 72dpi).

Windows XP's version of paint is a bit different. It supports Jpeg, gif, and other formats, and it kind of anti-alias' things when you shrink them. That is the one I used when I made this picture. (it was originally much larger, using the shrinking technique. I think this one is 50% of normal size)

By the way, I suggest GIMP (http://www.gimp.net). For free, it is the closest thing you can get to Photoshop. Moving from paint to this takes some getting used to, though, but the possibilites are quite vast.

To make it easier, if you want to try it out, the windows version can be downloaded here (http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/). You'll have to download and run the run time libraries first, then the program. In all, it is 7.84 MB.

Batty Buddy
Apr 27, 2003, 12:43 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Thanks you two. I'll try them both out and show what comes of it later...

/\:D/\

Hare
Apr 27, 2003, 03:33 PM
Hey, Batty B. If you ever do an animation and it had Myo in it, would his logo appear on the screen every time he's there? Just wondering :).

Batty Buddy
Apr 27, 2003, 03:37 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Hey, Batty B. If you ever do an animation and it had Myo in it, would his logo appear on the screen every time he's there? Just wondering :).

Don't know, but probably.(I wouldn't draw it in every image, thought, I'd probably just copy and paste.)

We'll see when I think of something cool for an animated Myo to do...(Maybe spin his bandana on one finger or something.)
/\:)/\

Hare
Apr 27, 2003, 03:39 PM
Heh, that was a fast reply :).