PDA

View Full Version : Possible Program Idea

Trafton
Apr 27, 2003, 08:38 AM
I am not exactly sure where to put this, but this seems most accurate.

I personally think it would be worthwhile to create a program that, if you are server, kicks anyone with a laser shield and, if you are client, types in "playername is using a laser shield!". Instead of having to fumble around with AntiCrash's annoying No Start Position Found errors, creating such a program would allow for stopping the problem before it has started.

I'm not sure if this was implemented in Controller, because I see no option for laser shield, but even the client thing alone would be quite useful.

Newspaz
Apr 27, 2003, 09:05 AM
Can't project cataclysm do that?

Trafton
Apr 27, 2003, 09:24 AM
Yeah, I meant Cataclysm, not Controller. And, while there is no specific "laser shield" option, I am sure that it blocks it, being that it is much more dangerous than the other three shields. But I am pretty sure the client thing hasn't been done.

Cpp
Apr 27, 2003, 10:02 AM
Project Cataclysm doesn't detect laser shields though I have programmed it to do so. I was planning to do most of the stuff you mentioned in Cataclysm 2. For example you'd just type Pjc.kick (player number) through jj2 chat and if most of the players in the server agree and do so the player is kicked/banned. By the way, PCata2 will have a built-in autodetection tool to detect events in a level using the EMM code so no more manual options to block things... This will allow blocking of certain events (like shields) only in levels which do not have them. The EMM code is pretty much done but I wouldn't say the same for Cata 2. I'm also planning to use it on my own idle server when I finish it and if I finish it.

Hare
Apr 27, 2003, 12:42 PM
Are you guys are more worried about the lazer shield being dangerous, than how a player has to cheat to get it?

Trafton
Apr 27, 2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Hare
Are you guys are more worried about the lazer shield being dangerous, than how a player has to cheat to get it?
There are programs that are quite commonly available that do it. It's not rare.

Black Ninja
Apr 27, 2003, 01:49 PM
i am working on a new version of anticrash that will fix the flag bug where the flag doesnt work. it also removes the annoying 'no start position' stuff.
it might be done this year if i work on it ;p

Hare
Apr 27, 2003, 04:20 PM
Blizzard entertainment takes legal action against cheaters. Cheating is bad.

er... I know this isn't blizzard entertainment we are talking about. It was just an example.

KRSplat
Apr 27, 2003, 04:33 PM
legal action... against cheating... Wow.

I just ban anybody who accuses anybody of lasering or I see lasering. I do not tolerate accusations.

MaGoo
Apr 28, 2003, 12:15 PM
Hah, it's not like Blizzard has done much against cheating in D2 besides saving multiplayer character files to their database. Even now people still cheat. Anyways, that's kind of off topic.