PDA

View Full Version : Some action art from me.

Blade
May 2, 2003, 01:02 AM
I don't draw much with this computer (it's too slow to handle big pictures) but this is something I managed to finish. Well, I think it is not finished, it needs more action. Even though it needs more action, it has enough of it so I can share this with you guys.

The Gun Fight (2003) (http://www.mbnet.fi/~theblade/VihainenTukkaV3.jpg)

I started this about a month ago. My intention was to draw a angry face, then I drew hands for him and then the whole body. And suddenly I had this in front of me. Matrix and Max Payne inspirated me.

So... this is the largest computer drawing project I have ever had. Any opinions? :)

defalcon
May 2, 2003, 03:35 AM
Haha! Has a cool comical look to it, me likes. :)

Captain Spam
May 2, 2003, 05:29 AM
Ah, a good ol' living room pistol fight. :-)

Love the expression on the guy. And the room looks quite oldschool cartoon-like. I'm halfway expecting it to keep looping around on itself as this guy keeps running forward. Ah, good ol' Tom & Jerry cartoons... :-)

VelKa
May 2, 2003, 07:00 AM
Hahaha. I love the cartoony style to this. Very funny, actually. =)

~velkasha

Batty Buddy
May 2, 2003, 09:10 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Looks like George Liquer... Only with less muscles and more hair...

(For those of you wondering, George Liquer is a character from Spumco; the people who made Ren and Stimpy. He's described as being "So right-wing, he thinks Republicans are communists".)

Blade
May 3, 2003, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the opinions :) I have now added a new version of the Gun Fight. Nothing really big has changed, only finetuning this time.

These things are new for example: the pistols now look like metal, the gunman's hair now have a texture, the guy's eyes look more lively and the he has a shadow.

Blade
Sep 25, 2004, 05:49 AM
If someone is still interested, here is some more new artwork from me.

The Warehouse Ambush (2004) (http://koti.mbnet.fi/theblade/pyssymies3E.png)

I made up that name just in a minute, but it is not important. The picture is important, for it is the most complicated computer-artwork I ever done. And I consider it to be quite good :) I drew this in approximately in a week in the June 2004. No effects were used, except textured and gradient fills in the sunglasses and the boxes. By the way, those firearms aren't my design. The shotgun is taken straight from Red Faction (talk about ripping :) and the woman is holding a Browning M2. Probably someone noticed that already. The crouching guy has simply an Uzi in his hand. This picture I have uploaded is scaled from the original file. I think the original's original size was 2380*1330 pixels. The 500 MHz computer was at its limits all the time.

Dodging some bullets (2003) (http://koti.mbnet.fi/theblade/skannaus1.gif)
Ampo V. Back in Action (2003) (http://koti.mbnet.fi/theblade/skannaus2.gif)

These two pictures are no computer creations. I drew them originally in my school notebooks when it was boring in the class. These pics represent quite accurately how I handle a real pencil. The Ampo V. character posing in the second pic is some kind of alter-ego of mine. I created the comic character in 1994 to star them as a super-detective. Now, 10 years later, I'm making the ultimate Ampo V. comic and the picture you see here is made for concept purposes. This picture shows us an angry, self-confident and violent Ampo V., but that is not the way I wanted him to be. Now he is a positive, almost pacifist and humoristic cop.

Strato
Sep 25, 2004, 07:20 AM
The last picture; dosn't it seem odd that he's looking at you instead of where he's going? He's gonna trip.

Hazel-rah
Sep 25, 2004, 08:29 AM
It looks like cover art from some early 90's DOS games. Very Epic-esque.

Blade
Sep 25, 2004, 01:13 PM
Strato, I don't find it curious at all :) He's a super-cop, remember, he doesn't trip in stairs by accident. The villain he's chasing causes it, if he trips. And by the way, the character looks up to the upper levels, not to the viewers.

Risp_old
Sep 25, 2004, 01:19 PM
Whoosh! I'm a super cop! Watch me have car chases WITH MY EYES CLOSED!

JJ BBoy KS
Sep 29, 2004, 08:03 PM
Ha! Those are awesome :D

I like the way you put blurry bullets up against the camera in "The Gun Fight"

(and the warehouse just owns.)