PDA

View Full Version : Second Self Portrait...

Nemesis
May 2, 2003, 04:30 PM
This is nothing compared to Wild Angels work... But I did this in about three and a half hours in total, on a single layer in Painter 5.5... The lyrics were added in Photoshop, so yeah.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/1813966

Criticism welcome. It's my first in this style.

Lyrics are, as indicated, Fade to Black by Metallica.

And, sorry about my absence these days. Not like any of you care. ;)

Radium
May 2, 2003, 04:46 PM
Wow, you look... evil. Well drawn, though. You look well drawn and evil.

defalcon
May 2, 2003, 07:23 PM
Very cool. I like the shadows at the eyes. :)
The mouth seems as if it's been pushed in a bit, though that could just be me. :)

You gotta teach me how you do this stuff. ;P

Captain Spam
May 3, 2003, 03:47 AM
It's got a really nice dark and shadowy look to it. Evil-lookin' and that.

Though, I agree with defalcon, the mouth looks a bit off... Like the shadows don't quite match up on it. Or that your lips have hair growing out of them. :-)

Still, nice job!

Nemesis
May 3, 2003, 03:57 AM
My lips have hair growing out of them? Hm...

The title (although extremely lame and stupid) is The Darkness Consumes All. Not only was I trying to make myself look evil (notice how people look sinister when their cheekbones are defined... Watch a Disney film), but make it like the light was directly above me. Yes, it is still incorrect that way. And the darkness literally consumes all. Atleast, there isn't much left of me.

But yes. The mouth is screwed. It used to be alright. But I never saved the image progressively. Otherwise, I'd fix it. Hrm.

Anaiyu
May 5, 2003, 09:58 AM
ooo. It's pretty, Nemmeh. ;) You're pretty. YaY.

I love how you did the shadowing and the hair. Looks very.... creepy. Reminds me of (BAH) Rob Zombie for some odd reason.... way back when he first started out as a singer. Not now. Now he sucks. (in my opinion. :))

But, yes, besides that. I think the lips are a tad bit thick, but everything else is very welldone. YaY for Nemmeh!

Keep up the pretty-ness, Nem. ;)

Fawriel
May 5, 2003, 10:17 AM
W00tyayayomgLOL! =D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D

(For further explanation, look at the URL again and scroll down. )