PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Blade archive

Hare
May 2, 2003, 05:11 PM
Hey. I just uploaded a whole lot of old Ghost Blade stuff. It was a game project I had, but gave up because it was too big.

The archive is over here
http://purrhead.tripod.com/ghostblade/ghostblade.html

The original page is over here
http://purrhead.tripod.com/ghostblade.html

Now, showing this old stuff is a bit embarrasing, so please be nice.

By the way, even though I'm not going through with the project anymore, the characters and story are still mine. Just so people don't decide to take my old stuff.

Radium
May 2, 2003, 05:20 PM
"The project was too big?" It actually sounds fairly simple programming wise. What part of the project convinced you it was too big?

Hare
May 2, 2003, 05:42 PM
Large story, lots of NPCs with stuff to say, Massive amount of enemies (that all needed to be modeled) with different powers that can be taken, and used. All those abilities would need to be programmed, lots of enviroments, advanced character AI for the beasty, so it will not only be able to navigate the enviroments with the player, but also fight well, too. The game would take too much work, because it is a lot more complicated than a generic platformer. The game would be a platformer/RPG hybrid, and that RPG part takes lots of work. The EXP system would be a bit complicated, too. And that is just the hardest stuff.

Simple, huh? :rolleyes:

Radium
May 2, 2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Hare
Large story, lots of NPCs with stuff to say, Massive amount of enemies (that all needed to be modeled) with different powers that can be taken, and used. All those abilities would need to be programmed, lots of enviroments, advanced character AI for the beasty, so it will not only be able to navigate the enviroments with the player, but also fight well, too. The game would take too much work, because it is a lot more complicated than a generic platformer. The game would be a platformer/RPG hybrid, and that RPG part takes lots of work. The EXP system would be a bit complicated, too. And that is just the hardest stuff.

Simple, huh? :rolleyes:
NPCs are easy in any language, most enemys can usually be based off 2 or 3 base models, mass abilities like powers can be easy if done correctly with very versitile blocks of code, an AI wouldn't be too hard if approached right, RPGs are much easier to make than sidescrollers, and any kind of EXP can usually be done with one or two variables, so yeah, it sounds pretty simple. At least from a programming standpoint. I'd ask if I could help, but I'm more of a 2D game designer. The lack of depth vision in 3d games drives me crazy, I'll make 3d games when they invent 3d holographic monitors.