PDA

View Full Version : Karen of Vulpine's Edge

Hare
May 2, 2003, 05:15 PM
I was looking through my old art, and ran into my old Ghost Blade concepts. I decided to draw one of my characters again, and this is what I came up with:

http://groups.msn.com/purrhead/shawnsartii.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=169

I haven't done a piece this detailed in a while.

Radium
May 2, 2003, 05:22 PM
The coloring is quite good, but something about the perspective gives me the impression the tufts of fur are on the front of her face, but I'm not sure what could've been done differently to prevent that.

Hare
May 2, 2003, 06:01 PM
Perhaps if I changed the lines a bit that define her cheeks. *shrugs*

By the way, the green lights in the windows are inspired by the 7th Lava Fall tileset. One of the best Jazz 2 tilesets ever.

Radium
May 2, 2003, 06:21 PM
Wait. Why is there a flying castle in the background?

Hare
May 2, 2003, 08:20 PM
Part of the game. ;)

Captain Spam
May 3, 2003, 03:51 AM
I dunno, her face looks okay to me...

I like the odd candy cane-striped hair. Just looks plain odd, in a spiffing sort of way. Cool pic. Very nice coloring job.

Batty Buddy
May 4, 2003, 10:57 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Cool. I wish I lived in a floating castle... I could spit on my enemies.

/\:lol:/\

Anyway. Me likes. Can't wait to see more.

Hare
May 4, 2003, 05:08 PM
More Vulpine's Edge art? Or just more art in general? This was just going to be kind of a one time piece, not really thinking about making more in a series.

Ah, and Karen doesn't own the floating castle, but they (the was going to be more than one) were going to be levels in the game.

Hare
May 4, 2003, 05:18 PM
In the Ghost Blade Trilogy, Vulpine's Edge was going to be the all out action title. Crazy game physics (doing gravity flips, jumping from wall to wall, etc.) After watching a zone of the enders movie, I thought it would be so cool to lock on to hordes of enemies, too. So she's got all these powers, dashing through the streets, up the walls, and across the rooftops, wiping the evil ghosts out of existance and stealing the lost powers back, then at the same time she is dealing with inner struggles that take part in a good story of hurt and reconciliation. Heh, it was a fun dream, but an impossible one at that, for a single person to make.

Hehe, but the true super power is that she does all this without breaking a nail ;)

Radium
May 4, 2003, 05:21 PM
You people give up too easily.

Hare
May 4, 2003, 05:36 PM
Sure, If all I had to do is do the art for the game, or all I had to do is to write the story, or all I had to do is write the code, it may seem a lot simpler. Are you taking the entire project into consideration, Radium?

Radium
May 5, 2003, 03:43 AM
You simply do not know the art of tricking other people into doing work for you.

Anaiyu
May 5, 2003, 09:54 AM
I absolutely love the hair. YaY.

You did a good job on the background, too. :)

Spotinik
May 5, 2003, 10:08 AM
Cool pict, Hare ^^ I like the coloring, the character, and the background looks good, too!

Hare
May 6, 2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Anaiyu
I absolutely love the hair. YaY.

This isn't well known, but just as feeding raw eggs to your pet gives them a shiny silky coat, feeding your pet fox a diet of starlight mints gives them a head of red and white streaked hair. Try it! ^_^

Thanks for the support guys. :) Oh, BTW, Radium, I'm going to start off with smaller projects before I take on anything that big.

Kaz
May 7, 2003, 06:40 PM
<S>Her hair looks so edible</S>.

I like it!