PDA

View Full Version : Respiration...

BlackSheep
May 3, 2003, 04:35 PM
She had ridden on a subway like this every day to work for two years, and before that, to the private school across the Diamondus City that she had been sent to for twelve years. The brown, wet grime on the floor, like the smell of cigarettes and urine, and the glower of the square, fluorescent lights through the tunnel, was as familiar to her as the course she would later take up the still, broken escalator to the dim outdoors, and later up five flights of metal stairs to a four-room apartment where she lived with three roommates. She adjusted her jacket, which she was using as a blanket, across her shoulders to cover entirely her chest, and she looked around at the others sitting tiredly on the seats around her.

Across from her, a man read a greasy magazine above the head of a younger girl who lay asleep across his lap. Her hair rested messily across her neck and trailed like vines down one of her dangling arms, hiding the white scars that were just done with fading.

One girl on the other side of the car called attention to herself by loudly blowing her nose into a crushed blue and red checked handkerchief, which she had extricated from the front pocket of her tight flare pants without standing up. She unrolled a cough drop wrapper, fumbling with the dotted paper, and put the hard speck into her mouth, crunching noisily as the silver, disco-ball Mardi Gras beads around her neck jostled with her movement.

Three guys on the end stood next to the poles, defying the pull of the subway's speed as it raced through the tunnel at four in the morning. One, with neatly trimmed and gelled hair, giggled softly and passed a brown paper bag to the guy in front of him, who shoved it deftly into his pocket with a dissatisfied frown. The third was smoking a mixed cigarette—she could tell by the smell that drifted over to her and lingered sorrily around her head—until he put it out with his steel-toed boots; the fabric which covered one had been rubbed away and the shiny metal was exposed. He looked up from where he was crushing it and met her glance uncomfortably, so she looked away.

I would feel so much better, she thought, if I had someone to lean against right now, and to fall asleep against. But she instead settled her cheek against the back of the blue plastic seat, and tried to shut her eyes against the bright, shining, reflection of the other sleeping girl's watch.

~*~

This is my new story, and if anyone is interested, please post your profile of <b>less than 1000 words</b>. :p
I'd love to take anyone and everyone. I miss this place. :)

Black

Grath AR
May 3, 2003, 04:55 PM
Name: Grath
Weapons: Robotic arm, either pops out a gun(mode 1) or I generate the firing from my hand(mode 2)
Ammuntion: Sonic Wave (Green boomerang-like shapes, mode 2),
RF rockers (See JJ2, mode 1), Minigun (VERY fast firing with bullets that explode with small blasts, mode 1), Kinetic (Move things around, Mode 2)
Appearance:Green rabbit, long blue fur on his head, dark blue cloak. Wears long brown leather gloves and loose-fitting clothes
Personality: Casual. likes playing tricks on people.
Powers:The gun, Calling upon spirits (Such as, Gaia (Blast of yellow light from the ground that peels away ground), Apollo (Heavenly light sets enemy on fire) and things like that.)

defalcon
May 3, 2003, 06:38 PM
lemmie FIND my profile first, okay? ;)

Ducky
May 4, 2003, 09:51 AM
Scars and mardi gras beads.
I should moderate you just because I'm glad you're back.

CottonTail
May 4, 2003, 12:11 PM
Name: Sherry

Species: Rabbit or human

Weapons: a tennis racket

Rabbit Description: White fur and blonde hair. Sky blue eyes and wears blue and/or white cloths.

Human Description: Same, without the fur.

Objects: Has a blue backpack and a cross neckless. Even though they arnt object, I usually have cats.

Likes: Animals, especially cats and dogs and wolves and hamsters and dolphins and tigers and bears and, well animals.

Dislikes: EVIL IS EVIL!

Weaknesses: Not very good at fighting, mainly because I dont like too.But I will if very needed.

Spiecalty: Knows a lot about plants and animals and everything wildernessy. I can also play tennis.

Personality: Not very talkitive, but not mysterious or anything. Will never say anything mean to anyone and will help if I can.AND IN LOVE WITH ANIMALS!

Coppertop
May 6, 2003, 12:12 PM
Blackie! Yer back! *is joyful*

Name: Tiger Reibeck

Species: Rabbit

Color: Short, silvery fur, with black tiger stripes

Birthplace: Searac (an ocean world)

Appearance: Well built, middling height. He likes to wear black clothing, so long as it doesn't get in his way. He has purple eyes, usually wears black jeans, a dark red T-shirt with a black armored vest, and armored boots. Sometimes he'll wear fingerless black gloves, and a black or red cloak.

Personality: Sarcastic, mocking, scornful. He has a warped sense of humor. He tends to be secretive and a loner, and he's quite closedmouthed. Not much is known about his past, and he's slightly mysterious to most people. He never gets so focused that he forgets everything else, but he occasionally will ignore things he doesn't like. He tends to pick fights with people.

Skills: Decent pilot, skillful with most weapons. Logical, quick thinker, fast reactions. Some skill with martial arts.

Weapons: Curved sword with silver handle, black markings and a dark ruby in the pommel. He also has a sniper laser rifle which he uses to great effect. His sword is strapped to his back, and he uses it the most. He also has a throwing knife in a wrist sheath for emergencies.

Items: He has a silver amulet with a dark purple jewel set in it, etched with a dragon. He also has a black ring in his left ear.

Ship: A small one-man fighter, equipped with shields, a hyperdrive, lasers and extremely limited missiles (2 - 4), named Timelost.

Profession: Mercenary fighter pilot, wanderer.

History: Largely unkown, nothing special. No family to speak of. Comes from Searac, an ocean world with incredibly long bridges connecting the islands.

Weaknesses: Tends to ignore things he doesn't like, has an odd sense of honor, can't resist a fight, can be oversuspicious and jumpy. Often gets into arguments.

I like Tiger, but if you don't just use the usual one. The Copper one with Frostfire, I mean ;p

4I Falcon
May 6, 2003, 03:51 PM
I don't believe I have any profiles of less than 1000 characters, Sheepeh, so I think I'll stay a spectator for this one.

Looks nice, though.

Edit: I r stup. Sheepie said words, not characters. *beats self over the head with a crowbar*

Coppertop
May 7, 2003, 12:21 PM
Wot a pity, 4I :p

Actually I didn't count my words:o

BlackSheep
May 20, 2003, 06:02 PM
I hope this satiates some of you for the moment...
~***~

The moon floated among the black blanket of the sky, covered for a moment by a quilt of grey fog, but beneath the ground, the subway was crashed violently at a halt.

The sleeping girl was flung out of the man's lap and onto the grungy steel ground, littered with gum wrappers and deep grime. Her body was pitched under one seat and then to the opposite side. Her body formed into the cavity beneath the plastic bench as she began to wail in the dark. The girl who had been watching her, Blacksheep, was tossed against her, lobbed from her seat against the frail other girl's mattress-body.

All light was drawn from their eyes. They could hear the crying of a few people on the other side of the car, and the scrambling of many people around them. Black crawled out from the little crater they were stuck in, and put her arm out, feeling gently through the dark, to help the other girl, who was crying quietly. "Are you there?" she asked. She pulled the other girl close to her and put an arm around what might have been her shoulders as they trembled together.

"Is everyone okay?" someone shouted, a masculine voice from the other side of the seats. She could hear someone scrabbling around her.
"Over here," she said, as the shuffling intruded into their section of seats. She held out the independent arm and felt a paw in the void. "Oh God, over here." They collapsed into each other and sat there shivering.
"Where is everyone? What's wrong?" another male voice whined pitiably.
"Come to us," the guy with them called. For another hour, the passengers metro car collected themselves frightened in the back corner, fumbling and feeling blindly through the chaos.
"Give me your hand," the guy said, and each new member of the cluster would stretch out his or her limbs in hope of a recovery, in hope that some savior would rescue then from the impenetrable gloom.
The girl in Black's arms didn't venture to speak until they were all gathered in the dark.
"Who are you?" the girl asked. She seemed disproportionately thin. No one answered. "Please," she muttered. She held out her hand, touched someone's face that she couldn't see. "Who are you?"
Black told her name, in return for hers. "Sherry," the circle began.
"Grath…Defalcon…Falcon…Tiger…"
"There were more than six of us when we got on," Tiger pointed out.
"Someone must have been knocked out," Falcon noted. From around the circle they were huddles in, he could see each set of eyes reflecting the darkness in a solemn dim glow that looked almost like a candle burning out. "We should crawl around and try to find them.

Coppertop
May 21, 2003, 11:57 AM
Tiger! Yes! And I said something! WOOT!
*wanders off chortling*

4I Falcon
May 21, 2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by BlackSheep

"Grath…Defalcon…Falcon…Tiger…"

Not meaning to be a pencilhead, but if you would, could you use one of my other, more rabbit-y characters, instead of Falcon? Say, Hauc, for example?

Besides, it would generate less confusion between your writing about Falcon and Defalcon. It just works that way.

Thx.

Coppertop
May 22, 2003, 12:04 PM
4I Falcon = pencilhead.
*runs away*

4I Falcon
May 22, 2003, 04:54 PM
Blasphemous. /me smacks CT with a really big eraser.

Coppertop
May 26, 2003, 11:57 AM
No trout?