PDA

View Full Version : I'm inspired, but now what?

Bluez
May 3, 2003, 05:49 PM
I come back here and I see all these ungodly artists and I'm horribly distraught that I have nothing worthy to show them in return since my harddrive took away my most recent work... Especially Wild Angel. You're so mean, making me feel unworthy of the name artist. *Sniffle*.

I think probably Pho crossed me over the line, and then there's Cobra who just always inspires me... I have nothing to show right now except some random doodles on the drawing board I think are worthy of some merit, but not worthy enough to be considered my ultimate best... so here I am inspired to do something, and at the same time not inspired enough to know what to do... I'm thinking of sticking all my characters on a sparring poster... Just you wait. (Loves fighting scenes... loves his characters).

Anyway, here's the links to those drawingboard stuffs. Please comment, but keep in mind it's only drawing-board quality:

Just Bluez strafe-running... it's the most recently done Bluez pic I have on my computer.
http://www.angelfire.com/hero/voiceman/BluezStrafe.jpg

There's nothing showing, but if you take offense to naked male torsos or legs then don't click this. Mimi was done by Jesse, I believe.
http://www.angelfire.com/hero/voiceman/Cat_nMouse.jpg

3d Floating Bluez head... this is the first thing I've ever done in 3d max, and I'm quite proud. I plan on doing more with this, or at least with a better version when I make it.
http://www.angelfire.com/hero/voiceman/Stage09BluezHead.jpg

The intro to Bluez's RPG. Loureenia did the constellations. Spring thought there was a rediculous amount of stars, but I say it was worth it.
http://www.angelfire.com/hero/voiceman/StarCrossedLovers.jpg

Once again, there's no anatomy showing, but she's still technically nudish. Even Jazz only wears a coat, though, and Spaz runs around in his socks. Still, if you take offense to it, don't click it. Kero did the text on the banner... It's supposed to say "Dojo of Death".
http://www.angelfire.com/hero/voiceman/TashaAlpha.jpg

Spam, if any of these are inappropriate, go ahead and knock them out.

Anyhoo, on to making something worthy of my name! I will restart my art collection! Moo ha ha!

-Bluezy Bunny

defalcon
May 3, 2003, 06:40 PM
Wicked :D

Radium
May 3, 2003, 07:40 PM
Very good. Something seems a bit wrong with the mouse's knee in the <s>most likely to get taken off</s> cat and mouse one, I think it sticks out too far. Don't bother listening to me, though, I just like to complain.

Wild Angel
May 4, 2003, 12:35 AM
I think the anatomy is just fine (I strugle with human anatomy. x.X, the face is so much easier). I like the one with the Rat and the cat. She reminds me of someone.. .weird, huh?

Don't feel belittled by me. x.X You have great sketching skills. I've seen them. 0.0;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

`Wildie

Bluez
May 4, 2003, 01:08 AM
I'ma horrible sketcher. Those took me a long-arse time each. But thanks for the vote of confidence. *No I'm not being self-pitiful, just self-conscious*.

Radium, you may be right about the knee thing, but usually bones kinda stick out when someone's knee is bent that far... maybe not that far out, though. Might just be his hair poofing out, who knows? I'm surprised you didn't notice his lack of ribs on his right side. (which would be your left)

Already talked to Pho, she's very encouraging and helpful. Just thought I'd add that. And you don't need to be a pervert to know what the cat is supposed to be.

A few more ideas came to mind, I was thinking of doing an animation where Bluez is being chased down by Kamikaze!. He whips out his CGs, shoots wildly behind himself with Kamikaze dodging left and right, and then runs out of bullets. So he tosses his gun at her which curves and hits her in the head, causing the biggest explosion he's ever been that close to. Moo ha ha. 'Course that would take forever to make the way I'm planning it.

-Bluezy Bunny

Captain Spam
May 4, 2003, 05:24 AM
There's that bloody picture with the stars again... We'll never escape it, will we?

The Tasha and StarCrossed pics I've already seen. So there. Nya. Tasha wouldn't be objectionable, I say.

The only thing the BluezStrafe one is missing is the obligatory HPB screaming "OMFG!!!!! U SUK U SUK U SUK". Or, no, wait, that's only in the games I play online. Nevermind, it's not missing anything. Looks good, I think. Pose works with the perspective and everything.

Why does it seem like Rat's head is a bit smallish in the Cat_nMouse pic? Prolly just me. Looks good anyhoo. Since you didn't draw the cat, I'll completely phase it out of my mind. There. Done. Though it looked good whilst it was in my mind, IIRC. And not really objectionable.

And... wait, I've seen the 3D Bluez head too, right? Ah, well. Still looks good. I've never been able to make much of any detail in 3D. Except for a 3-1/2" computer disk to scale, but I've since lost the file...

So, all in all, go! Restart your art collection! Be Bluez the Artist-Sort Of Person once again! Huzzah!

Fawriel
May 4, 2003, 08:32 AM
Good stuff, especially the cat...*cough*
The pictures definitely have something, maybe you should work on anatomy, but if you like it the way it is, leave it the way it is.

Bluez
May 4, 2003, 11:52 AM
Cap'n, you of all people should know what Bluez's strafing run is missing... his right shoe.

Pho told me the same, but I have no idea where to begin working on anatomy. Please kinda just point out some specifics, if I'm missing anything. I like to know what mistakes I make (This should be obvious by now, I'm pointing them out one by one) and fix them eventually, though only in newer drawings.

BEHOLD! The fruits of my production! I am animating a 3d Bluez head!

www.angelfire.com/hero/voiceman/BluezShutsHisTrap.avi

Right now I'm just happy his mouth is shut. Next I get to teach him how to use it.

-Bluezy Bunny