PDA

View Full Version : Just a question, choose their fate. Which comes first and which will wait...

Batty Buddy
May 10, 2003, 03:01 PM
Que Passa!!!!

I was just wondering a little something...

The thing is, as you all know, I have two different comic series that I plan on making. I'm hoping on one day being able to do both, but for right now I need to deside on one to actually do, and one to put on the backburner...

So, I was wondering... Which comic world would probably be best to start with?

(To recap:

Name: Sue and Louie
Standard type of humor: Romantic comedy and a lot of physical slapstick humor. Also a Popeye, and Chuck Jones reference here and there.

Name: Snooze and Mat
Standard type of humor: Political humor and jokes at sociaty. Also contains refferences to legends and myths... And a Popeye and Chuck Jones reference here and there.)

Radium
May 10, 2003, 03:08 PM
I'd have to say Snooze and Mat.

Remember, if you want a place to host comics or something (side7 never loads for many people), my foxmage.com webspace is always open... just sitting there rotting... rotting for $200 a year... someday I'll do something with it...

Sun Fun Dude
May 11, 2003, 02:33 AM
Not sure. Sue and Louie is funny. Mat and Snooze is okay I can't decide.

PS: If you do Mat and Snooze you need to give Mis Leleb some distinguising features like eylashes or a different fringe or something

Captain Spam
May 11, 2003, 03:40 AM
Hm... I know Sue and Louie is pretty funny, but I haven't seen much Mat and Snooze... so, I can't really vote.

If'n you need comic space, you can look around <a href="http://www.keenspace.com">Keenspace</a>... IF they ever get their servers back in order and start taking applications again (They haven't been taking apps for MONTHS due to server troubles)...

Batty Buddy
May 11, 2003, 10:35 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Well, I'll see about making more Snooze and Mat stuff so that people can deside more equally(I have a WHOLE bunch of stories revolving around those guys, as well as a few decent running gags- like Weasel beating Jackal up for doing stupid things.)... The thing is, it looks like Keenspace is back in business(I went over there to check yesterday.) so I might actually be able to get things up and running soon.

And I'll see about changes to Ms. Leleb(She origionally wore Myos bandana... but she doesn't wear it anymore because she's afraid of being recognised by someone from her past.). She's really quite hard to draw with too many details. Fortunatly, she actually doesn't appear in the strips continuity until a little after Mat gets on the island.

Sun Fun Dude
May 17, 2003, 02:03 AM
I voted Sue and Louie but it doesn't look like it will be made.

Hare
May 23, 2003, 02:59 AM
Yeah... I voted sue and louie as well. But I'm not too familiar with mat and snooze comics. Snooze kind of reminds me of a bubble bobble enemy or something.

...It would be interesting if one of miss laleb's past lives were alive at the same time as her. :) She can introduce him/her to others :P.

Batty Buddy
May 23, 2003, 08:39 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Bubble Bobble? Usually when people see Snooze they think he's a ghost or something...
But then most people haven't really seen a sloth in real life(I swear, little kids have looked at snooze and said "Cute sloth" purely from what they've seen in picturebooks... Because with Snooze's hair and lathargic poses what else can he possibly be to them.). Snooze is as close as I can draw of a sloth standing upright(And just like the rest of my characters, I can draw him in a more natural hanging position.).

And what exactly are you saying about past lives? Do you mean someone from her past(I actually plan to show Ms. Leleb's mother and father at the end of Tooth and Talon... or close to it.) or one of the previous versions of her that I don't draw anymore?

Hare
May 23, 2003, 05:51 PM
Oh, when you said people from her past, I was thinking people she new in a past life, like those beliefs about reincarnation.