PDA

View Full Version : The Untitled Fantasy Tale

Wild Angel
May 14, 2003, 01:20 AM
Here it is--- what you've all been waiting for. I wanted to make the Introduction short and sweet (and to leave you all hanging there pleading for more, lol) and I wrote it, wrote it again, reviewed it, threw it out, wrote it again, and finally came up with something I thought was enigmatic and dramatic.

<center>------

<b>I N T R O D U C T I O N</center></b>

The night droned on. Rain beat the smokey windows of the mansion, singing a lullaby, calling Alaina into a deep sleep. She kept dozing off, only to re-awaken five minutes later hung over the same book in the same black leather chair that was still cracked in places. She shifted in her black lace dress and tugged at the high-collar, fingering the red rose embroidery absent mindedly.

With a yawn and crack of her neck, she rose to her feet, stretching before snatching the shawl off of the arms of the chair and lacing it around her arms. Straightening the flowing gown, she started towards the door, book in hand; it was an easy trek out of the mansion in the dark, guided only by the dimly lit candles. She was used to it by now. Her sandaled feet found their footing over the broken glass bits easy enough.

The sound of hollow footsteps echoed throughout the painting-less walls. Alaina knew what this place looked like in the light—it wasn’t something to be proud of, but it wasn’t a cave, by far, either. The scarlet wallpaper on the walls had been peeling and tearing in bits for some time now. A hook hung here and there where a picture once was. The floor was made from stone—simple as that. Dull, grey cobblestone. On the ceiling hung chandeliers of ivory candles, some were broken, some were burnt down. The whole three stories of this dark mansion were like this.
Alaina’s room was the most kept in the whole house as she was the only one who lived there. A canopy bed was set in the center of the room against the northern wall- opaque white veils looped around the metal poles to veil the inside of the bed. Crimson silk sheets and pillows graced the room, probably standing out the most. Next to the bed was a nightstand with a few books and a glass and pitcher full of cool water. A large, high-backed black leather chair reigned in front of a creaky, smokey window where the rain beat to get inside from the outside. A bookcase sat near the chair, stockpiled with as many books as it could hold. Their leather binds were cracked, thoroughly read again and again. A desk sat in the west side of the room, next to a large picture of a woman sitting on a stone bench, sunflowers in her dark brown hair, in her hands, and at her dirty feet. The clean tan dress clung to her thin, yet not gaunt body. Her beautiful face expressed happiness even though her state expressed her financial state. On a small gold platter that had been nailed into the frame read something in another language, not quite distinguishable except an ‘i’ and ‘oaiu’. Upon the desk is an ivory brush and some red roses that look fresh despite the age of the rest of the possessions in the house. A gold framed mirror hung over the desk and a small bench with creamy cushions was neatly tucked beneath the desk.

The soft ‘click-click-clap-tap’ of Alain’s shoes gliding down the spiral stair case echoed in the stair well. Her lace dress flowed down the steps she had graced moments before, stirring up trails of dust. The den was small and crowded with unhung pictures that were covered with a linen sheet. Alaina opened both of the glass-and-wood doors and immediately Wove a shield of air all around her. The glass windows in the front of the house all flung open immediately in some sort of magic. The wind and rain drifted harshly through the open doorway and windows and in a ghostly affect of picking up the white viels covering the windows and stirring them dramatically.

Behind her shield, Alaina smiled at a shadowed form facing her in the doorway. Unclasping her paws from the sides of the door, she leaned comfortably against one, the wind and rain not touching, but only bouncing off of her invisible shield. Dark eyes glowed softly and shimmers of grey from reflected light explained large iris' from under the hood of the cloak of the figure facing her.

“Hello, Bluez. How good of you to return.”

<center>------</center>

`Wildie

Bluez
May 14, 2003, 01:55 AM
Yay! I get the first reply! Could be 'cause I happen to be awake at this ungodly hour, but whatever works!

I can't say much so far except that it's a very descriptive intro. I like the dark... I'm still awaiting more, though. You did this on purpose, I know it! You said so yourself. I still got dibs on Alaina! *Ties Alaina up*.

-Bluezy Bunny

Kaz
May 14, 2003, 06:23 AM
A lot of detail for a house O.o

I like it, whatever the plot, this'll prove to be a great piece of writing.

<</s>slave master mode> Write moreeeeee. *crack*

4I Falcon
May 14, 2003, 09:06 AM
Um... by any chance, are you taking joiners...? [/timid]

Wild Angel
May 14, 2003, 10:35 AM
Sure, but in my topic called 'should i post my story up?', post your profile there, it's easier to stay organized that way.

`Wildie

Batty Buddy
May 14, 2003, 10:57 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Finally... Can't wait to see more.

Coppertop
May 14, 2003, 12:03 PM
Yes!
Incredible beginning, Wildie. JCF has an influx of great writers:)

defalcon
May 15, 2003, 01:18 AM
Yaay! Nice start, very detailed. :)

Wild Angel
May 15, 2003, 01:42 AM
I surprised myself that I had this thing written out so fast.

<center>------

<b>C H A P T E R O N E</b></center>

“He just… disappeared…“
“Are you suggesting he’s a ghost?”
“No. Not exactly. I’m suggesting that something unlike anything we’ve seen has happened here today.”
“Suggestions?”
“This is the work of a force beyond our reasoning.”
”Such as?”
“I won’t say God, nor Satan. It’s just beyond our reasoning, beyond our thinking. Some fascinating mind thought this through.”
“You’re saying—he had help?”
“Indeed I am, commander.”

A darkly cloaked female figure moved around in the stone room. The desk was wood but needed to be in repair. The knob that the foot ended in was broken away and being compromised with with a large book. Scratches ran deep into the pinewood and the chair was a cheap fold-up metal chair like what you’d see in conference meetings that you hated going to because your butt got sore after ten minutes. The figure fingered some loose paper on the desk: mug shots. Broken and chipped porcelain pictures hung on the walls crookedly. The place was overall dark, with a cut in the wall that shown into a forest behind the female form. A figure stood across from her, also darkly cloaked in black, but obviously male from the size and shape.

“I just don’t know”, the female voice rung out darkly, placing a heavily ringed finger against her lips. Her head lowered, deep in thought.
“If anyone should find him…”, the male trailed off, grinding his teeth.
“I know.” Laughter broke out from under the feminine form’s cloak. “I know.”

----------

“Alaina!”
“It’s been awhile.”
Bluez stepped into the room, shutting the door behind him. “Such a gentleman”, Alaina remarked playfully.
“I try”, he chuckled, lowering his cloak hood. Alaina grinned and laughed a bit in return.
“Why… you’re all done up…” he said, pointing towards her gown, “I’ve never seen you in such female clothing.” He laughed so hard he had tears in his eyes.
“I had a formal dance today.” She said, spinning around, laughing.
“I can see that.”
She grinned and smoothed her skirts, “So, would you like to sit down?”
“Here?” He questioned, eyeing the place wearily.
“No. My room. It’s the only one in this… residence… with furniture that you don’t need to use a hurricane to get all the dust off of.”
He chuckled and nodded. She spun on her heel and began to lead him up the stairs.

The way was a dusty one. Bluez sputtered a cough here and there while Alaina gave him sympathetic looks. The stairwell was coiled, spiraled, rather. Bluez looked upward, noticing the large glass dome. Stained glass paintings of angles and devils flashed in the lightning.

“This place used to bustle with mages.” Alaina said, smiling.
“How long ago was that?” She shot him a side-long glare.
“About 20 years ago.” She said, smugly.
“You were a mage, when?”
“I’ve always had a spark for magic.” She paused and closed her eyes, holding a hand out. Suddenly, a large orb of fire sparked up in the palm of her hand. She raised the other hand and produced a large ball of water. She smiled, wild reflections of blue sparkling in her deep aqua eyes. Suddenly they disappeared and she lead on.

“This is the room.” She paused in front of a door with a lost thought before opening it. Bluez passed her into the room and sat down on the chair in the corner.

“Not bad.”
“I think so.”

She placed herself on the bed, crossing her feet at the ankles. “Pull the chair closer if you want.”
Bluez nodded and did so, standing up and shedding his black cloak.
“Isn’t it a bit odd—you arrive during the night. Cloaked.” She smiled and added, “<I>Alone</I>.”
“Long story. There was some weird thing that happened at the camp and I broke out along with 200 other soldiers. You’ve been there, Alaina. You know what it’s like.” He laced his fingers together, “You know though, it’s nothing like that on the inside. You’re lucky you got only two years instead of the males who get four… Anyways—something happened. I don’t know. Someone got out. No one would say who, or how, but he did, and that’s what matters.”
”When did this happen?”
“Two nights ago. I was lying in my bunk when the alarms all started going off. Gaurds came and banged on the door of my ‘cell’, or ‘dorm’ as they call it, and rose us all, commanded us to get dressed, arm ourselves, and look for some run-aways.”
“God I hate this government.”
“Yeah, rough stuff.”
“Anyways, we looked for whoever it was, for twenty-eight hours straight on two hours of rest. My body felt like jello when I got back to my ‘dorm’”, he accentuated that word with much sarcasm, “And then there was another break. They commanded us to all leave, so I did just that—gladly. I packed up my crap and left.”
“I dig.”

A long silence commenced, Alaina lost in thought, Bluez studying his feet. “What about…” Alaina paused and dropped her head, continuing on, “him.”
“I don’t know.”
Alaina drooped on her bed and sighed quietly.
“I’m sorry, Alaina”, Bluez said in a soft voice.
“No, it’s just fine.” She lifted her face and shrugged away a tear. “Besides, that was six years ago.”
“I know…. I know you loved him.”
She shrugged in response, letting her eyes drift to the left.
“There are rumors that they found bodies.” She began.
“Of who?”
“Some of the soldiers.”
“What?”
“It’s been floating around. Come on, Bluez, you know what this small ‘city’ is like. Rumors, it’s all the entertainment we have now days.”
“I’m sorry.”
“Well, I just… maybe…maybe they found him.”
“Him? No. He can put up a fight alright.” Bluez laughed.
“I know he can.” She giggled, lifting a paw to her mouth and attempting to mask it.
“I’m sure he’s fine.” Bluez concluded, “I’m sure he’s looking for you. You weren’t exactly easy to find, you know.”
“I know. I move around a lot.”
“I noticed.”
She laughed lightly, touching the collar of her dress, “Well, I need some rest”, she said, peering out the window. The rain stopped falling so harshly and was down to a soft trickle.
“I’ll sleep on the bench.” He said, eyeing a two-seat couch at the end of Alaina’s bed.
“No, you sleep in my bed tonight. I’ll sleep on the bloody bench.” She smiled, “But I get some pillows. I’m not going to sleep on a mildly padded couch with two folded hands in prayer as my pillow.
“Of course.”
“By the way, need something to wear?”
“Yeah…”
Alaina got up and went to a small closet, pulling out a black tank top for a male form, tossing it on the bed along with some cargo pant shorts.
“It’s all I’ve got.”
“That’s fine. More comfortable than this.” He pointed to his black jumpsuit.
“Yeah.”
“Well, you change, I’ll change, and…. Remember… sweet dreams.”
“Always.”

<center>------</center>

`Wildie

Bluez
May 15, 2003, 02:17 AM
Rowr? Bluez doesn't find his own attire comfortable? Or maybe he just wants to look sexy... intewesting...

Bluez digs dialogue, though. Much fun. Wondering what's gonna happen next. Thanks for considering us, the wee peoples, as worthy of reading your story! Now continue! *Cracks whip*.

-Bluezy Bunny

Tik
May 15, 2003, 04:29 AM
Ooh, love it so far. It's quite intruiging. Post more.

Wild Angel
May 15, 2003, 07:04 AM
To sleep in, Bluez? Leather is pretty warm, and since your body heat spikes when you sleep, I'd wake up to find a little french fry under the covers. *chuckles*

`Wildie

Bluez
May 15, 2003, 07:36 AM
Maybe that's why I have so much trouble sleeping... not that I'd give up being the first bunny to post a reply when you write something, of course.

-Bluezy Bunny

Coppertop
May 15, 2003, 11:39 AM
French fry, huh? Interesting:lol:

Good stuff, Wildie, as ever ...

Wild Angel
May 19, 2003, 03:14 AM
Alright, I'm writing the second chapter. I want it to be really long. ^^

`Wildie

Bluez
May 19, 2003, 04:27 AM
Rowr? That was a short chapter... maybe I missed something *Goes to read through it again*.

-Bluezy Bunny

Wild Angel
May 25, 2003, 02:43 AM
*is buying cheap, self-promotion time* lol

`Wildie

Bluez
May 25, 2003, 07:31 AM
Oi. You don't need it, trust me. Everyone wants to read this already.

-Bluezy Bunny

Kaz
May 25, 2003, 04:40 PM
Indeed >.>.

Wild Angel
Jun 5, 2003, 03:01 AM
You sure, Bluez? Mmmkay. I'll throw the next chapter up this weekend *SUMMER! I HAVE A BREAK! NO SCHOOL!*

`Wildie

Bluez
Jun 5, 2003, 07:29 AM
I'm actually not sure. I'm positive! *Cracks whip some more*.

-Bluezy Bunny

Coppertop
Jun 5, 2003, 01:06 PM
I hope you're not cracking that at us.
POST NOW, WILD ANGEL!!!!!!!

Wild Angel
Jun 7, 2003, 01:56 AM
Dun, dun, dun....

<b><center>CHAPTER TWO</B></center>

Bluez woke up to Alaina getting dressed. She was already in her body suit and was pulling on her gloves when he awoke. She smiled at him, obviously sensing his awakening.
“I’m going out.”
“To?” He groaned, stifling a yawn.
“The nearby bar.”
“Woman, what is wr---“
”To catch up on the latest gossip”, she finished, smiling. He nodded as if that’s what he was going to say before falling back on the pillows.
“Coming?” She asked, pulling the last bit of her gloves on.
“I wasn’t aware I had to go bu—“
“Only if you want to.”
“Only—if—I want to…”, he groaned, rubbing his forehead.
“Mmmhmm.”
”Why not…”
“Get on your clothes then, and let’s go.”
“Right.. no.. problem…” He muttered, stumbling across the room groggily.
Alaina chuckled and pulled the strings on her high-knee, high-heeled boots taut.

<hr nonshade>

“Alaina, Alaina!” The bartender shouted from across the room. Heads turned towards her and she laughed and grinned, “Hello, Edmund.”
“Alaina, what can I get you, dear?” The middle-aged bartender was plump, his white shirt was ironed and starched neatly, creased along the arms; his black pants were offset by a black tie at his neck.
“A bit formal, aren’t we?” She chuckled, looking over his garb.
“Aye.”
“Might I ask whyyyy?” She chirped.
“Weddin’.”
“Ahh.”
“You brought a friend?”
“Indeed. Bluez, this is Edmund; Edmund, this is Bluez.”
“Hey”, Bluez said crisply, straightening from Alaina’s shadow.
“We’ll take two of my usual.” Alaina said, plopping down near the bar. Bluez sat directly across from her, fiddling with the leather of his body suit.
“We must look like murders”, Alaina laughed, eyeing the room subtly. Bluez chuckled as a man diverted his stare from Alaina to Bluez, back to Alaina and then to his drink again.
“Here you go, mates.” Edmund crackled, showing a toothy grin and sliding two drinks their way.
“Thanks.” Bluez said, lying a twenty dollar bill out on the counter.
“Aye.”

“So, do you have any idea what we’re going to do from here?” Alaina said, lowering her voice to not be heard by the other men in the room.
“Not really but I can imagine tha—“
“Look!” She nearly shouted, pointing with her finger towards the TV screen, limply hanging over the bar.
“The news…. They never play news he—“
“Look!” She demanded again.

An orange rabbit reported blandly, with no interest, just reading words from a screen:
“A rabbit was found in a field last night. The rabbit who found him, Stinge Right, ran to a phone to dial the police, but when the police arrived, the rabbit was gone. Mr. Right described him as a black rabbit, fur rather matted with mud, and red streaks. He had something that appeared to be metal in his hand, but Mr. Right doesn’t remember exactly what it appeared to be.
The Killer Rabs won 45 to 32 today against the Sli—“

Bluez glanced at Alaina, who was staring blankly at the screen with wide eyes. “It’s him.”
Her voice was so low, it could barely be heard, but he got the feeling he knew who she meant.

<hr nonshade>

A tall, slender, grey-furred female trotted down the corridors of a ship. Her brown pants made a woosh-woosh sound as she walked, and her boots made a clonking noise that echoed through the metal walls. Her long black braid was kept firmly behind her by a copper-coloured scarf that was tied around her forehead and then set carefully over her shoulder.

“Any luck?”
”No.”
“Keep searching.”
“Copper…”
“Keep searching, Claw.”
“Right.”
“We have to find that weapon before it kills.” Coppertop whispered to herself, sighing and going back down the corridor.

<hr nonshade>

Slayer stumbled around, gritting his teeth; the cut on his face was growing painfully infected. He unclenched his fist to look over at the dirty dog tag that lay in his hand, reading the numbers over and over again in his head:

‘Disassociative, #129-1023-102359’

He traced the name with his fingers and shoved it back into his pocket. <I>Soon.</I>

<hr nonshade>

<br>

Bluez
Jun 7, 2003, 08:21 AM
Gar... I always thought Bluez was a light sleeper.

Regardless, the story is going somewhere faster, now! Mwah ha ha! Wild is getting to show her real talents, now! ...And then leave us in suspense again... *sniffle* *Gives Wild three out of two and a half thumbs up*.

-Bluezy Bunny

Kaz
Jun 7, 2003, 08:35 AM
About time for a second chapter! "Murderers", haha. It's always the details that make a story great <S>like Ocean's Eleven</S>.

Bluez, methinks that since this is only the beginning, only a small piece of teh uber talent can be displayed, so I'll wait until the plot thickens to give direct compliments o.o.

Bluez
Jun 7, 2003, 11:49 AM
What I meant to say was she's starting to show'em, 'cept she already STARTED showing them when she started the story... so getting seemed like a better word to use at the time. Until I can think of a better one.

-Bluezy Bunny

Kaz
Jun 7, 2003, 06:27 PM
Go Wildie o.o!

Wild Angel
Jun 7, 2003, 06:34 PM
I like imput, oh yes I do.

`Wildie

Batty Buddy
Jun 7, 2003, 06:52 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Originally posted by Wild Angel
I like imput, oh yes I do.

Good, cause I like story, oh yes I do.

Wild Angel
Jun 8, 2003, 12:06 AM
<b>CHAPTER THREE</b>

Alaina trotted outside, Bluez trailing close behind her. She growled in her throat at a thought and stormed on through the alleyway. Suddenly, two black-cloaked figures hopped off the roofs above them. They veiled themselves and made some hand signs. One pulled out a gun, the other a long sword—the glint of sunlight made a gleam on the blade—razor sharp.
“Bluez, you bring anything?”
“Nope.”
“Well, I would suggest finding something.” She laughed.
Bluez looked around and picked up a corroding brick. Alaina grinned and crouched—she lived for this.
“Hit me.” She taunted. The one with the sword seemed to understand and grin himself, walking over to her in a slow, liquid motion.
Without thought, Alaina jumped to one side of the alley- without much thought involved, she wove silky fire and created a fire blade resembling a samurai sword. She grasped it—though it looked firey hot it was quite cool. The cloaked figure had gowned himself in a weave of water. Useless. She dodged backwards as he swung with his sword—dodged liquidly. Without much effort, she kicked off one side of the wall, creating flows of air to lift her higher. She spun in the air, arms crossed across her chest, legs bound together. The figure acted dodged as she landed with one leg out and the other crunched underneath her. She made a vexing sound in her throat and crunched up, flipping backwards. She landed straight on her feet, arms out, head up. The cloaked figure was smart—he dropped low as she jumped into a kick. As he fell, he skewered the ground with the sword in his right hand. Alaina came down only moments after he had. Rushing towards him, she extended a hand and hit him in the chest with great force, knocking him backwards into the other Bluez was fighting, which he was having much success at. They tumbled across the ground together and slammed into a taxi.
“Come on!” Alaina screamed, grabbing Bluez’s hand.
They rushed through the alley, jumping on cars to dash, to sprint. Run.

They didn’t stop running until they reached a small shack. It was rotting, vacant, and dark.

“Who were they!?” Alaina demanded out of Bluez.
“Assassins.”
“For what!?”
“Let me explain.”
“Please do.” She panted.
“I tried to enter the compound when they released us. They caught me, and I barely got away with fur.”
“So they’re trying to kill you for what you bloody saw?”
”Exactly. And anyone with me that I might have shared information with.”
“Great. Just… Great.”
“I’m sorry.”
“No... it’s fine. It’s just nice to know.” She winked and groaned at the same time.

“So what do you suggest we’re going to do?”
”Enter the compound.”
”What did you see?”
“Explosives… bombs. All sorts of things. Looked nuclear. I think Carrotus is trying to wage a war.”
”Oh.. that’s just.. great.”
“Yeah, the ruler’s assistant is behind it. I know it.”
”How?”
“Figures in the dark.” Bluez trailed off. “They took me to experiment on, but I ran away.”
”You have one hell of a record.”
”Yeah.”
“Alright, so you want us to break into the compound, examine the weapons, escape, break into Carrotus palace—and assassinate the king?”
“Only his assisant, High Lord Agah.”
“You make it sound so easy.”
“I try.” He shrugged.
“Know of anyone who can help?”
“Yeah.”
“Give me a name.”
“Coppertop. She has a ship—was one of the ruling captains of the fleet—until she was mysteriously fired.”
“Alright… so where do we find her?”
“Easy. She goes one place every night. But it’ll be a long trip.”
“I like trips.”
“Then… get packed.”

<hr nonshade>

The day became night, and light exited all areas of the land as far as you could see. Clouds hung over the Mountains of Ehehm, luminated by the glowing full moon. A gust of wind stirred up papers on the vacant city streets of Carrotus.

Slayer stepped from a shadow. Two figures. One highly female—slick bodysuit conformed her figure, short black hair was stripped with blue. Alaina Pureheart, he assumed. The other, a rather dark blue rabbit, also in a body suit. Bluez… he didn’t know much about him, but he knew he was dangerous. Alaina was a mage, she’d sense him following soon enough, but would she know who it was?

Slayer smiled and silently ran off behind their shadows.

`Wildie

defalcon
Jun 8, 2003, 01:44 AM
Woocha! Wicked stuff Wildie, actionaction. :)

Bluez
Jun 8, 2003, 04:05 AM
Yay, action!

I'm gonna find one knit-picky thing about Bluez to point out every chapter, just you wait. Bluez woulda said something about them much sooner. Oh, yes.

But action is fun! Very descriptive while being very fast at the same time. Not many writers can do that. 'Course I'm sure you already know you got skittlez. I just like pointing'em out to you and seeing if I can get you to blush.

-Bluezy Bunny

4I Falcon
Jun 8, 2003, 04:47 AM
Whee-- *explodes*

Excellent action chapter, Wildie. I read it while listening to Spybreak!... holy cow, that's some high-inducing literature.

/me waits for next chapter

Wild Angel
Jun 8, 2003, 03:16 PM
I was listening to Oakenfold while writing it. I'm not too great at writing action. I've been out of it so long.

`Wildie

Kaz
Jun 8, 2003, 03:38 PM
I'd interpret that as an excuse, but excuse for what ^^?

The plot! Write moooore.

Wild Angel
Jun 8, 2003, 04:13 PM
*is writing as much as she can handle*

<b>CHAPTER FOUR</b>

Bluez tossed and turned in his sleep. Sleep did not come easily tonight. Dreams interrupted thoughts, thoughts interrupted reason, reason interrupted rest, and rest ached to be.

Alaina drew her hand from Bluez’s head, suddenly releasing the thoughts that flowed into her mind from his. She drew some magic, gently binding him in spirit—it glowed bright white in the night to her eyes. He stopped tossing and turning, gently sinking into pillows they had taken from her mansion. She tugged the sheets around him once more and walked towards her wardrobe, pulling her black cloak over her nightgown. Buttoning it in the front, she slipped her feet into a pair of silky slippers and started outside.

She ached for a bath. The old shack was just that—a shack. They had taken all they could carry from her mansion, or ‘residents’ to the little dwelling place and settled down for the night. Pillows, covers, clothing, flashlights, and food. Alaina scooped up a small black flashlight from the floor and slipped out the door. The white light beamed as she flipped it on, revealing layers of years in leaves, grass, and weeds. Walking through them lightly was no easy task. The sky was clear and the moon was full, shedding much light around her. She started off towards the small creek she had found while gathering twigs for a tiny fire.

The creek was small, but clear, clean enough to bathe in just for the night. Tugging the hood over her head, she started towards it at a slow trot.

Slayer stepped lightly over the leaves and twigs, not making a single sound in the night. The night was silent, clear of sound, not even crickets chirped. He peeked into the little shack to find Bluez curled up in blankets. He urged himself onwards—following. He hopped around trees, hiding in shadows, until he reached the creek. He was only yards away from the cloaked figure standing at the rivers edge. His lips twitched in a smile.

Alaina pushed the hood of her cloak off with both hands before unbuttoning the front of her cloak. She knew she was being watched, that he knew.

The white nightgown seemed to glow in the night, making it seem opaque when it really wasn’t. Alaina stepped into the water, walking into it until it came up to her chin. Her back was still facing him and she was submerged in water when she removed her gown. Weaving flows of air, she slammed it in his face and laughed.

“Alaina. I swear to god I can never fool you.” He growled.
“Slayer. Having fun?”
“Absolutely.”
“That’s good.” She dipped her head into the water and re-surfaced, throwing her head backwards, spraying him with water from her hair.
“Still… annoying…” She laughed in return.
“Well, since I know you’re already there, what’s the point of hiding?” She said softly, turning around to face the shadow he was hiding in. She looked him straight in the eyes even though she couldn’t see him.

Stepping from the shadows, Slayer pushed the hood of his cloak back and threw it off to the side.

“You’ve changed.” Alaina said gently. She examined his army boots, trousers, and shirt.
“People change.” He shrugged casually.
“Yeah. I should know.” She said, drawing on the surface of the water with her finger.
“Shy?”
“Shut up.” He chuckled, sitting down against the tree he was hiding near originally.

“So what are you doing out here?” Alaina asked, standing in the water up to the base of her neck now. The moonlight danced white on her wet, black fur. The creek appeared to glow an aqua blue around her, illuminating her eyes.

Slayer pulled the dog tag out of his boots and blew on it softly—the dust suddenly extracted itself from the tag, floating like small clouds around the tag.

“Me?” She asked. He grunted.
“Well, I’m honored.” She wove an illusion of a servant bowing to him.
“Stop that.” He said and the illusion curled into smoke that floated on the breezes of wind.
“Alright…”
“It’s been years since I saw you.” He muttered.
“Yeah, I know.” She said blandly.
“Three, four… five maybe?”
“How old are you now?” She asked, “One hundred and forty?”
“Ye-p. You must be around twenty-two?”
“Indeed I am.” She lowered her head and looked at him through long eyelashes.
“Are you going to finish bathing any time soon?”
“Yeah. Can you hand me that gown once you get it off of your face?”
He chortled in laughter, “I was rather enjoying the shade.”

She snatched it off of his face with weaves of air and extracted the water from it into a puddle that suddenly plopped into the creek. She created a screen of light and raised herself out of the water, slipping it over her head. Dropping the screen, she looked at him with illuminated eyes and chortled.

“Where’d you learn that?” He questioned at her walking on the water.
“Here and there. Pretty nifty, huh?” She twirled around on it, creating ripples under her foot.
“Yeah…” He trailed off.
“We both know you came here to see me do other things than dance on water.” She mumbled.
“Yeah.”
“Alright…” She walked over the ripples, “Follow me.”

Snatching up her cloak, she grabbed his hand with the other hand and lead him back to the little shack.

`Wildie

defalcon
Jun 8, 2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by 4I Falcon
I read it while listening to Spybreak!
Hahhaa, so did I. :)

Very cool chapter. :)

Wild Angel
Jun 8, 2003, 09:43 PM
Har har.

`Wildie

Bluez
Jun 9, 2003, 07:07 AM
Mwah ha ha. I don't know what happened to Bluez, but that was actually pretty cool (Yes, I'm reading this story just for Bluez!) 'Course he knew Slayer was there, but pretended not to. That's just the way he is... yeah.

The dialogue was cool. I liked how they talk like there isn't much to say. As though they've been together too long already. Much history insinuated by it for something so subtle.

-Bluezy Bunny

Kaz
Jun 9, 2003, 08:14 AM
<S>Wildie's going to have a melt down o.O

WE MUST ABUSE HER FOR HER FULL STORY BEFORE SHE DOES!!</S>

The atmosphere of this story is awesome. Wildie has a gift to take several unusual elements and weave (great, now I'm using it) them into a casual mode.

Wild Angel
Jun 9, 2003, 12:41 PM
Why thank you.

Yeah, casual conversation. You get the feeling they've had a past? That's what I'm trying to give. That's the feeling I'm trying to send. It's so casual, like, 'What do I say?' It's almost jumpy.

Anyways...

I'm slowly introducing characters in ways different then, '*bumps into stranger* omg i haven't seen you in 3403944 years!!! omg omg how've you been? omg omg we're going to save the world! wanna come!!!!'

`Wildie

Wild Angel
Jun 9, 2003, 12:42 PM
Ohh, I claim page two.

`Wildie

Kaz
Jun 9, 2003, 03:17 PM
;v;... you're not allowed to double post.

4 Chapters, 2 pages. How dare ye come here without a chapter!! BACK TO THE CHINA SWEATSHOP FOR YOU!!!!1

Coppertop
Jun 10, 2003, 08:33 AM
I missed a lot ... Wow. You added me in:D
I seem to have a varied and interesting background ...

Bluez
Jun 10, 2003, 09:45 AM
Yeah, you're very good at that, among other things. My only complaint is and will always be that no one can get Bluez right. But like I said, I'll give it to you anyway, 'cause you're good and 'cause Alaina is very ... well, she's ... err... She's mine! *Holds tight* Mwah ha ha!

Anyway, I won't rush the story, it tends to always be worth the wait. *Puts away the whip*.

-Bluezy Bunny

The SlaYeR
Jun 10, 2003, 05:04 PM
You were almost right, she is MINE!!! =D

Great story Wildie, i love the detail and the characters are interesting, i cant wait to see what happeneds next.

Write on!

Wild Angel
Jun 10, 2003, 06:32 PM
Action, action...

<b><center>CHAPTER FIVE</b></center>

Alaina paused. Gunfire. She heard gunfire. Her muscles froze and turned to liquid. Slayer peered at her out of the corner of his eyes and she smiled lightly. “Let’s do it.” He said, grinning. She drew magic, enhancing her vision. In the distance she could clearly make out the six figures, all with pistols, firing rapidly. Bluez was out in his night clothes, firing away at them with the gun from one he had killed.

Dried leaves crunched under their feet, twigs snapped, the hard, packed ground underneath the layers of natural waste provided no release in sound. Their feet pounded the ground, and before they were but two yards away, Alaina did a front flip, followed by another. Suddenly, on her third, she grabbed one of the characters and pulled him with her. As she landed stiffly on her feet, he landed flat on his behind, groaning at the hard fall. She quickly kicked him and then absently mindedly dodged a punch from one behind her. With a moment’s notice, a bullet fired towards her and she dove into a split on the ground, drop kicking the figure behind her. He fell ontop of her and she shoved him away, standing up and glancing at Slayer.

He was doing a good job at perishing the blue, black, and red furred rabbits firing. Bluez quickly dumped the empty clip of the gun, grabbing another to stuff it in. He fired at the two rabbits below Alaina—shooting them both in the shoulders and knees. They screamed in pain, but no one really noticed that or the fact they passed out in pain. Slayer grabbed the throat of a struggling male figure and sunk fangs into the base of the neck. His victim screamed and flailed around until he either died or passed out in agony—Alaina couldn’t decide.

"I hate doing that", Slayer muttered silently to himself, wiping his mouth. Only Alaina heard him because of the enhanced hearing drawing magic gave her.

Two gave each other glances, one female, one male, and ran. One was left. Distracting herself from Slayer, she quickly turned, ducking in time to avoid the hit from the butt of a gun. Grabbing the rabbit’s throat as she came up, she slammed him against the outside wall of the shack, making dust float in the air and making an impression in the rotting wood. Bluez stood to the right of Alaina, who had a choke hold on whoever it was. Slayer stepped over the dropped body of his ‘victim’ and stepped to her left.

Alaina decided to do the usual questioning that was oh-so typical:

“Who sent you?”
“Why should I tell y—“ He gagged on his words as she tightened her grip.
“Unless you want her to snap your throat in two, I suggest you say something, bud.” Slayer chuckled. The blue rabbits eyes flashed in fear from the three of them to Alaina’s arm.
Words came in rasps and gasps of breath, “Agah---Hig—h—Lor-d—Ag—a—h”
“Figured”, Alaina shrugged.
“What’s your name?” Bluez interrogated.
“Meh—ah---d.”
“Okay, Mehahd, I’ve got a deal”, Alaina completely released her grip and Mehahd crumbled at her feet.
“Well, he fainted. So much for that.” Slayer laughed.
“What the hell are you doing here?” Bluez growled at Slayer, turning his attention away from the crumbled assassin at Alaina's feet.
“I thought I’d stop in, have a cup of tea, you know. Relaaxx.” He laughed sarcastically.
“Shut up, both of you. I’ll hit you.” Alaina attempted at threatening, spinning on her heel to stare at them both with eyes illuminated with plain fury. Slayer suddenly burst out laughing, relaxing against the outside wall.
“What are you laughing at?” Alaina demanded, obviously not in a good mood.
“You.” He smiled, “You’re cute when you threaten.”
“Shut up.” She hit him hard on the side of the arm and he winced slightly.
“Well, we can’t stay here any more. Let’s talk over a cup of tea.” He remarked sarcastically.

`Wildie

defalcon
Jun 10, 2003, 06:39 PM
W00tness! Wicked chappie! I like the descriptiveness; it's detailed but not to the extent that it's boring. :)

More more more. :p

4I Falcon
Jun 10, 2003, 06:45 PM
Time for me to be an arse.

Do I have an appearance anywhere in the near future? If so, can I change my joining character?

[/arse]

Wild Angel
Jun 10, 2003, 07:03 PM
Go ahead. :P PM it to me, or email it to me. I have my email address in my sig.

Yeah, I'm not suddenly going to have a flood of characters join suddenly. That's too.. cheezy sounding..

`Wildie

4I Falcon
Jun 10, 2003, 07:10 PM
Wildie, your PM inbox is full! CLEAN SOMETHING!

Anyway.

Wild Angel
Jun 10, 2003, 07:41 PM
Send it to my email. I prefer that anyways.

----

CHAPTER SIX (Slayer is such a fun character to write)

Bluez tossed the sheets, pillows, and excess clothing into a linen bag and dragged it outside. Slayer waited patiently, outside of the entrance, leaning on the wall, legs crossed at the ankles, arms crossed, and head down.

“On the road again… I say, we’re on the road again”, Alaina sang from inside the little shack as she slipped off her clothing and pulled on her body suit. Bluez chuckled. Slayer twitched in a smile.
“She always seems to be positive and bring light to every situation.” Slayer mumbled, raising his head to give a defiant stare to Bluez.
“If you hurt her again, I’ll kill you.” Bluez smiled.
“Don’t worry. I won’t.” He whispered in a harsh voice. Pushing himself off with his back, he walked a distance and stood in shadows—Bluez guessed he preferred the shadows by now--- with arms crossed, head down.

Alaina slipped outside. Slayer raised his head—keeping his arms crossed the whole time while still in the shadows—and glanced at her from over his shoulder. He chuckled audibly, turning his head away before he could comment.

She smirked and reached behind her, zipping up the back of her suit, from her lower back all the way up the back to the high neck. Bluez’s head turned; so did Slayer’s for that matter. He arched an eyebrow at her and starred.

“Are we going, or are you both going to stare at me like five year olds opening a present?” Slayer closed his mouth with a snap and turned his head quickly, Bluez shuffled his feet and acted like he was gazing at a tree in the distance all along.

“I know this area.” Slayer said.
“Good. Know of a good camping spot?”
“One and a half... maybe two miles ahead.” He shrugged casually.
“Let’s start walking. It’s going to be light soon.”

Bluez picked up the bag and swung it over his shoulder, starting at a brisk walk. Alaina smiled, looking at the short swords on both hips. Absent mindedly, she ran to catch up with them. Slayer stalked ahead of Bluez, keeping to himself mainly.

“Slayer.” Alaina whispered, stepping up beside him. His head swivled around and noticed her standing next to him.
“I’m sorry.”
“For what?”
Her voice was soft. Almost barely audible, “I didn’t realize…”
“No. Don’t worry about it.” He said gently, looking at her and smiling.
Alaina fell back a bit and stepped slightly behind him. With a gentle motion, she reached and grabbed his hand. He gave her a small glance and smiled. She smiled back at him—eyes calm: so serene.

They walked into the night—layers of leaves started to fade, the moon started to fall. Silence except for occasional scuffing of feet interrupted the night.
“Alaina…” Slayer started, “I never meant to hurt you.” He paused and sighed, “All those years ago.
“It was never your fault.”
“Yeah, it was.”

Silence fell again. Scuffing of feet… Slayer groaned as Alaina suddenly touched his cheek, with obvious worry.

“Why’d I not see this before?” She demanded of herself.
“What? Oh, that.”
“You usual heal. What’s up?”
“It’s just... cursed. Black metal.”
“You <I>idiot</I>.”
“Yes?”

She suddenly wove spells of healing, the open bit of the slash on Slayer’s cheek glowed to Alaina’s eyes. He twitched as Alaina worked the magic, making delicate flows of thread like power, knitting it together and extracting the black magic.

“What are you two doing now?” Bluez questioned from behind them.
“Oh, just… talking.”
“So that’s why her hand is on your cheek and you’re staring at her like she’s God.”
Slayer shrugged again.
“Not in the mood to talk.” He muttered, dropping his head.

Alaina’s fingers fell from his cheek and Slayer brushed it with a hand.

“Smooth.” He muttered.
“I’ve had much practice with healing over the past five years.”
“Now I’m your victim”, he chuckled lightly. She smiled at him.
“This is it. Just ahead.” Slayer said, raising his voice for Bluez to hear him.
“Good. I need some sleep.” Bluez replied grumpily.
“I feel just fine.” Alaina remarked.
“Of course you do. I’m over one hundred years old. I’m ancient.”
“Yeah, yeah.”

They reached the little cove. It looked like a cove. The land was sparse with trees outside of Carrotus. A small little circle of dirt was in the center of a huge group of trees.

Bluez got to work laying out sticks and twigs and lighting the place with small candles. Alaina set up a tent she had brought with her. It was a large tent, made for four people.

Alaina was the first to strip down into her night gown. She layered blankets and pillows out in the large tent. Setting her things in the center of the blankets, she pushed aside the tent flap with her hand and peeked out.

Slayer was keeping to himself, sitting around the fire for brief warmth. Bluez was sitting across from him. Silence. Alaina shook her head—men. She’d never understand them.

“Bed’s ready.” She shrugged, “If you don’t want to sleep outside tonight.” Thunder cracked and lightning streaked the sky.

Slayer shrugged and ducked inside the tent, settling himself on the left. Bluez followed and settled down on the right, leaving Alaina the middle of the tent. Slayer kicked off his boots and removed his weapons, shoving them in his boots.

Bluez slept in what he had on. Slayer crawled under the covers, back against everyone, facing the side of the tent. Alaina laid on her back, hands on her stomach and fingers laced. Bluez crawled under the covers eventually, shoving his head under a pillow and sleeping on his stomach. Five minutes later he was in a deep sleep, breathing heavily.

Raindrops started to pound the top of the tent. Alaina opened her eyes and watched them roll down the top, outlines casted by the now dim moon overhead.

She signed softly and closed her eyes. The night would be over soon.

----

`Wildie

Kaz
Jun 10, 2003, 08:33 PM
YaY, chappie. *devour*

mmm, tense/typo error. "You usual heal."
I would also think that Vampires are considered undead or at least unable to be healed o.o;. Just picking at things, sorry x.x.

Tis good! I await the next chapter.

Bluez
Jun 10, 2003, 08:33 PM
Woo hoo! Time for Bluez comments: Firstly, Bluez prefers the shadows himself, secondly he's witty, never embarassed by his actions, thirdly he doesn't pick fights, and fourthly he never tries to slow a party down with somein' as trivial as sleep.

With that asside, yay! Action and dialogue! My two favorite parts of stories! That and when I get two parts in one day! Moo ha ha! I'm getting the impression that Bluez and Slayer are both vying for Alaina. Hrrmm... vewwy intewesting.

-Bluezy Bunny

Wild Angel
Jun 11, 2003, 07:36 AM
Can you imagine not sleeping for four days? Or was it just an excuse? The sleep, that is. Atleast I didn't make you brush. *chuckles*

I have my reasons for my actions.

Kaz: Pay attention to detail--- check Slay's desc.

I've also been writing Slay in as a bit more enigmatic the first few chapters. That's why he hides in shadows currently and you don't, Bluez.

`Wildie

Bluez
Jun 11, 2003, 09:16 AM
Hmm... I've always thought of Bluez being enigmatic in his own right. Never know what he's thinking. But it's your story. I'll just suppose he's keeping his skills at bay for now since they aren't needed. Mwah ha ha! Yes... that's the ticket.

Anyway, I don't want to come off as though I don't appreciate what you're doing. But I also have to protect my star character's dignity! Well, maybe I don't have to. Would you prefer comments or just me be quiet and let Bluez fall into the story even if it isn't him? And no I'm not being sarcastic, I really wanna know.

-Bluezy Bunny

Coppertop
Jun 11, 2003, 12:08 PM
Well, if it was me, Bluez, I'd wanna know if I hadn't done it the way you wanted ... it IS your character. But hey *shrugs*

Excellent chappies, Wildie:D

Wild Angel
Jun 11, 2003, 03:04 PM
Yeah, only thing that bugs me though--- once I start writing, if that character takes a sudden personality shift, don't you think that's a bit... odd?

`Wildie

Kaz
Jun 11, 2003, 04:11 PM
it is, but people can change overnight o.o;

Bluez
Jun 11, 2003, 05:27 PM
Yeah, which is why I was wondering... 'cause it is kinda late to save him, kinda... it can be done, though. Bluez is deceptive, he could just be hiding his true personality. Anyhoo, it's your call.

-Bluezy Bunny

Wild Angel
Jun 11, 2003, 09:09 PM
BTW

If anyone wonders where I got the name Alaina *everyone could care less, actually*---

Alana - "attractive, fair, peaceful". Influenced by the Anglo-Irish term of endearment alannah, Gaelic a leanbh "O child". Alaina, Alannah, Alanna.

`Wildie

Kaz
Jun 11, 2003, 11:37 PM
<S>Don't you mean couldn't care less?</S>

<S>Names are teh irrelevant 555!!</S>

<S>I've had too much ovaltine, somebody please give me sedatives so this insomnia stops.</S>

*Pretends to care (sorry --.)*It's great that you pay attention to such degrees of detail like names, but I would think that would be spent on other things than names. In my opinion, names are irrelevant, <S>or was it just last names that declared alliance in R&J?</S>. So I can only hope that this is a precendent <S>OMG SUMBODY SHUP ME UP PLZ!!!</S> for great writing to come ^^.

<S>ow my head.</S>

Wild Angel
Jun 12, 2003, 12:46 AM
I'm not a writing machine. :P

I get writer's block if I just write write write write write.

`Wildie

defalcon
Jun 12, 2003, 01:43 AM
Great chapter. :)

The SlaYeR
Jun 12, 2003, 03:14 AM
It is important to use good names.

And dont listen to them, take your time to write the next chapter.

Bluez
Jun 12, 2003, 06:59 AM
Yes, don't listen to us, take your time.

I'd still like an answer, though. Really wanna know how you feel on the subject.

-Bluezy Bunny

Coppertop
Jun 12, 2003, 12:13 PM
I'm not a writing machine. :P

I get writer's block if I just write write write write write.

`Wildie

I don't. I don't think I've ever had writer's block ... is that a sign or something?

*waits patiently*

Wild Angel
Jun 12, 2003, 01:30 PM
You can nit-pick. :P

Ugh, how can you not get writer's block? ;.;

`Wildie

Bluez
Jun 12, 2003, 03:18 PM
By not being a writer, of course.

And thanks.

-Bluezy Bunny

$tilettø
Jun 13, 2003, 02:53 AM
First story that i actualy took time to read it.. specialy for you o..0 =P, Very nicely done

Coppertop
Jun 13, 2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Bluez
By not being a writer, of course.

And thanks.

-Bluezy Bunny

I'm a writer ... three stories so far, each one longer ... I'm up to 12 pages on my latest:D

4I Falcon
Jun 13, 2003, 12:14 PM
Heehee, mine's 60 pages already... although, it is a shame that no one reads it...

well, save for Acid and scatman... /me high-fives

Bluez
Jun 13, 2003, 12:17 PM
Which is why I'm too scared to read it. I'll take your word for it, though.

Anyway, the way to avoid writer's block other than not writing is to have a plot mapped out in your head ahead of time, and then to let your characters run loose in this plot, allowing THEM to make the story, not have the story write the characters. A lot of Anime uses this element in their work, which is a major reason the characters have so much personality and can be hilarious when they interact. If you can get into your characters' souls, become each individual one of them, you won't have to worry about writer's block. Let the characters do the writing.

Meanwhile, I enjoy the good ole days when we used to all do continue the storyness. Ah, the memories.

-Bluezy Bunny

Ducky
Jun 13, 2003, 12:27 PM
This is, Wildie, the awesomest story. Slay is so sexy. (Bluez is too, but I can't say that aloud.)

4I Falcon
Jun 13, 2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Ducky
(Bluez is too, but I can't say that aloud.)

>_>;;

Bluez
Jun 13, 2003, 01:58 PM
Rowr. It's those jammies, I tell ya. Gets'em every time.

-Bluezy Bunny

4I Falcon
Jun 13, 2003, 02:13 PM
-_-;

I'm not even going to bother to try answering that.

Coppertop
Jun 17, 2003, 12:33 PM
You just did.

Coppertop
Jun 17, 2003, 12:36 PM
Heehee, mine's 60 pages already...

Liar. It's 3 on E:JF and 2 on SoT. That makes five all together. I have 6 on Conquerer, 8 on Conquests and 12 on Conquistar. That makes ... 26 pages. I roOl!

Bluez
Jun 17, 2003, 01:34 PM
Copper, not everyone has the same amount of posts per page.

-Bluezy Bunny

4I Falcon
Jun 17, 2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Coppertop
Liar. It's 3 on E:JF and 2 on SoT. That makes five all together. I have 6 on Conquerer, 8 on Conquests and 12 on Conquistar. That makes ... 26 pages. I roOl!

Whoops, sorry. 60 pages in MSWord. My bad.

Kaz
Jun 17, 2003, 07:29 PM
*Claims the third page*

defalcon
Jun 18, 2003, 12:12 AM
Whoops, sorry. 60 pages in MSWord. My bad.
The Conqueror is 68 pages in Word, and that's at size 10 Ariel.

Wild Angel
Jun 18, 2003, 07:58 AM
I like Verdana. x.x

`Wildie

VelKa
Jun 18, 2003, 08:21 AM
I like Verdana. x.x
Heck yeah, Verdana &gt; everything else.

~velkasha

Oh, and you other people. Git back on topic, please.

4I Falcon
Jun 18, 2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by defalcon
The Conqueror is 68 pages in Word, and that's at size 10 Ariel.

Indeed. However, there is a slight problem with your comparison: Conqueror is finished, and E:JF is not. I'm roughly 2/3 of the way through the story.

Coppertop
Jun 18, 2003, 11:58 AM
That's true, but if Conquerer is 6 pages on HERE and Conquistar is already 12, how many is THAT in Wordpad?

And I use Times New Roman:D

Bluez
Jun 18, 2003, 09:13 PM
Keep talking about it, and soon Untitled Fantasy Tale will be the longest-running topic ever. Go Wild!

-Bluezy Bunny

Wild Angel
Jun 18, 2003, 09:20 PM
I had a story that was over sixteen chapters once. Each chapter was around four pages. *beams*

`Wildie

4I Falcon
Jun 18, 2003, 09:48 PM
Twenty, at three pages each. Nyaa.

*trundles off to go update SoT! Woohoo!*

Bluez
Jun 19, 2003, 11:24 AM
I don't even remember how long my stories are... if I ever had any saved, they died in the harddrive crash, so there's no way to check, now. D'oh.

Anyhoo, quantity over quality. And better sorry than safe. Always never forget to remember these phrases.

-Bluezy Bunny

4I Falcon
Jun 19, 2003, 08:06 PM
/me gets three headaches as a result of Bluez's last comment.

Kaz
Jun 19, 2003, 09:21 PM
spam for the fourth page!

Bluez
Jun 19, 2003, 09:23 PM
D'oh! Sorry, Falcon... I just meant anyone can write multiple pages of stories, but not just anyone can write good stories. Brag about the quality, not the quantity.

-Bluezy Bunny

Kaz
Jun 20, 2003, 04:15 AM
More pages could just mean that the audience was a bunch of spammin' newbs. Or that the Author has really good hooks and writes 4 chapters every blue moon or so ;p.

Coppertop
Jun 20, 2003, 04:40 AM
I think he's talking about this thread.

4I: Me too.

Kaz
Jun 20, 2003, 08:50 AM
I'm talking about a lot of threads CT, some of yours included ;p.

The SlaYeR
Jun 20, 2003, 11:58 AM
Can we all get back on topic here? Coppertop, Ducky trusted you and that is why she made you the temporary mod of the war tavern. So dont abuse your powers by spamming a lot yourself. If you have a problem with anything open another Thread but dont use this one to Spam around. And i think all the positive comments are getting to your head. Your an ok writer but your not the best in the world, and like Bluez said, its not quantity but quality that matters. Please stop this useless discussion.

Bluez
Jun 20, 2003, 02:22 PM
Y'know, I have been seeing a lot more posts from Coppertop lately, even in other threads here. I don't really think it's an abuse of power so much as she reads something and feels she has to contribute to it. I don't see much wrong with that as long as it doesn't get out of hand (which I'm not going to say whether has or hasn't, since I don't read the other topics).

-Bluezy Bunny

4I Falcon
Jun 20, 2003, 03:39 PM
Copper's not a fooish n00b, so she doesn't post pie and holy spam.

Except where it's asked for. ¬_¬

VelKa
Jun 20, 2003, 03:56 PM
Slay is right, regardless of what you folks think or say. Cut the chatter already. I don't care if it's a temporary moderator spamming or if it's BOB_ALLEN spamming. In fact, the temporary moderator spamming is worse than BOB_ALLEN spamming, because I expect moderators to perform their duties without the excess spam. Moderators are here to set an example, not to spam.

And if you spam, at least do it in Comedy Cafe. Don't wreck the thread of an incredible, excellent writer who uses detail and creativity very expertly. Thank you.

~velkasha

Kaz
Jun 20, 2003, 08:00 PM
Just trying to keep this thread up so it doesn't fall.

The SlaYeR
Jun 21, 2003, 04:39 AM
If it falls its probably because the author does not care enough to finish it. Spamming is against the rules. Thnx

Bluez
Jun 21, 2003, 06:55 AM
Oi... I can only assume this is my fault. Sorry.

-Bluezy Bunny

Kaz
Jun 21, 2003, 11:07 AM
I don't get it?

Derby
Jun 21, 2003, 01:22 PM
Since the last chapter was posted, impertinent discussions about font sizes, story length, and user personality have taken place. You must limit further discussion in this thread to the story and the author in relation to the story. Going off-topic beyond this post may invoke the Post of Doom. To help this topic get back on topic, it is also advised that you do not comment about this post or the nature of the Post of Doom; if you must, do that via private messaging. Stay on topic from here on out.

4I Falcon
Jun 30, 2003, 04:53 AM
When's Wildie getting back with the next chapter? The audience waits expectantly, and I think my brain hurts again.

Bluez
Jun 30, 2003, 01:33 PM
Don't rush the creative process. She's probably awaiting further inspiration, if I know her. I just hope this isn't my fault. Sorry if it is.

-Bluezy Bunny

Wild Angel
Jun 30, 2003, 02:48 PM
Oh yes, waiting for good inspiration... *will probably find it soon enough*

`Wildie

The SlaYeR
Oct 24, 2003, 04:57 AM
Wildie?! :(

Coppertop
Oct 24, 2003, 08:00 AM
Story is dead? *cries*

Kaz
Oct 24, 2003, 02:02 PM
Story is dead? *cries*

OMFG!!! OFF-TPOIC!!! ><!!!

Wildie, I'm almost certain you've had something to inspire you.

Radium
Oct 24, 2003, 02:12 PM
Wildeh ish dead? WILDEH ISH DEAD! -_,-

Actually, I haven't read this. I plan to someday. But it doesn't mean I can't sympathise.

Ducky
Oct 28, 2003, 02:48 PM
Well, this was an interesting thread while I was gone.

*Medusa-glares to everyone*

It's okay. Thanks to all who warned against spamminess. I'm thinking that Derby's appearance duly frightened you all enough?

Have some Rigelion synth-ale carrot beer and stay out of deceased topics, kay? Wildie, I'm sure, will revive it if she feels inspired.

Wild Angel
Nov 21, 2003, 10:06 AM
Where was I?... (looks up from a notebook and pushes away all the vampire references around her)... Jesus, this topic still lives? ... Okay...

`Wildie

4I Falcon
Nov 21, 2003, 11:52 AM
Heyhey, Wildie.

Glad to see this topic hasn't fallen beyond the point of no return in the WT's archives.

*goes over there*

Wild Angel
Nov 22, 2003, 04:22 PM
Heh

`Wildie