PDA

View Full Version : a photograph.

FreeLance
May 30, 2003, 09:23 PM
i'm sure most of you who deny life and live in unreality (lol just kidding y'all) won't like this photograph much, but i like it. (http://www.deviantart.com/view/2029774)
anyway, it's nifty.
OMB GRAYSCALE=AUTOART!

VelKa
May 31, 2003, 08:54 AM
Wow, that is a great photo! It's spiffy, tranquil, AND realistic! =)

~velkasha

Wild Angel
May 31, 2003, 08:55 AM
black and white does good things for water for sure.

`Wildie

defalcon
May 31, 2003, 05:05 PM
Very cool. :)

Monolith
May 31, 2003, 07:28 PM
To me, the picture seems dreary and boring. I think the reason is mostly because of the horizon. Both the hill in the back and the sky beyond are rather flat and featureless, and since they occupy a third of the picture, it's enought to seem to ruin it. The lack of color doesn't help either.

Anyway.. sorry for making this sound so depressing. That was just my impression when I looked at the photo.

Anaiyu
Jun 1, 2003, 02:48 PM
I agree with Monolith. Although, it still is a nice picture. :)

FreeLance
Jun 1, 2003, 04:11 PM
it's meant to be dreary and at least a little boring. and empty. and bleak. the horizon was featureless, and the life of a fisherman is the same thing over and over again, and boring. i suppose that's sort of what i was trying to portray in it. i like it better without the colour (it was a colour photo), because it helps to imphasise the plain same-same-ness of it.

Admael
Jul 4, 2003, 01:52 PM
Lancie... that's just beautiful.

Fawriel
Jul 4, 2003, 01:57 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
REALISTIC!!!!!!! *hisses, covering his eyes as he slowly starts brunging to ashes*

jk. XD
I like it... very well-used symbolism and such. Yep.

Xion
Jul 4, 2003, 02:14 PM
No comment.