PDA

View Full Version : The results of my previous motivation!

Bluez
May 31, 2003, 05:36 PM
I'd like to thank Cap'n Spam, Kaven, Paranoia, Spring, Noogy, Snoo, Wild Angel, Mars Dragon, reluctantly Pho, and especially Gummi and Cobra for their motivation, inspiration, and comments and suggestions! It's not finished, of course, but it's very close, and I figure I owe it to you to show you what I've been up to. And here all this time you thought I was sitting on my thumbs, didn't you?

Without further ado:

http://www.angelfire.com/hero/voiceman/Bluez3dTopless.jpg

Yes, that's Bluez asking for a topless hug. Comments, suggestions, PLEASE! I like to know how I'm doing, good or bad. Just be sure that criticism is constructive, and if possible, apply a suggestion to it. Muchos danke!

-Bluezy Bunny

P.S. I'd also like to thank Ducky, but unfortunately she took no part in this. Ah, well. I like ya just the same.

defalcon
May 31, 2003, 06:07 PM
Again, it's very cool. :) He needs a trenchcoat now.
The back looks as if it's curving in a bit too much, but I think that's just the lighting. And the neck still looks kinda odd...can't really place why.

Bluez
May 31, 2003, 07:26 PM
Oi! It looked horrible when I first made it, so I'm probably just satisfied that it looks better, now... I figured it needed some improvement somehow, but I can't point out what, either.

Thanks for the comments.

-Bluezy Bunny

Captain Spam
Jun 1, 2003, 03:34 AM
Aha! A lighter background! That'll show that pesky black background who's boss!

Looks good, I think. Would look even better with Bluez's trademark trenchcoat. Did a good job with the face fur.

It's just that... I dunno, the back of his head looks a bit... well, plain. Don't know why. Could be just me.

defalcon
Jun 1, 2003, 03:49 AM
It does look like it could use a bit of spikey fur/hair at the back, now that you mention it Spam.

Captain Spam
Jun 1, 2003, 04:04 AM
Heck, that might be related to what you think is wrong with the neck, even...

defalcon
Jun 1, 2003, 04:49 AM
I don't think so...if you look at the front view, it seems as if he has almost no neck. That or the head isn't positioned on the neck properly, or the head is too big for the neck.

The neck thing is the biggest thing that sticks out to me.

Bluez
Jun 1, 2003, 06:22 AM
OH!! That was your problem with the neck... sheesh... You're looking at Bluez at a slightly downward angle. Unfortunately, he currently looks like he has a double-chin when you look at him straight-on which is something I've been working to fix every time I see it. Oi.

Plain in the back? Hrrmm... I can't think of anything to put there that would suit him... in his mind, most peoples shouldn't be anywhere near his back, though.

-Bluezy Bunny

Kaz
Jun 1, 2003, 06:59 AM
The back and teh front look too similiar I guess. And yeah, he has no neck o.o;;. So many people with 3dish stuff.

GuMmYBeAr!
Jun 1, 2003, 08:53 AM
(I liked it better with no pants. ;p)

Bluez
Jun 1, 2003, 09:09 AM
Don't worry, Gummi, I'll make a special edition just for you.

And one with Bluez dressed in white just for Cobra.

I'll try moving his body down from his head a bit so his neck shows up better if it's that big a deal. Thanks for the input!

-Bluezy Bunny

Hare
Jun 1, 2003, 08:50 PM
At first glance, I thought it looked kind of plain, but it has good form, kind of. Anyways, a good texture would work wonders for your model, it can give it the details you didn't add to the mesh, like a chest (no not that kind of chest), and muscle tone, and the detail to the back can be added too.

Edit: Oh by the way, don't use the details in my Jazzer X project picture as example, that face texture was just made in paint with no shading, I'm taking about textures with shading and all.

Bluez
Jun 2, 2003, 06:45 AM
Patience, Hare... I'll get to the textures after I'm finished with the model. But thanks.

By the by, I got Bluez some more clothes. Yay! I'm currently in the process of making bones for him so I can eventually, hopefully animate him. Double Yay! I needed a break, though. But here's what it's looking like so far:

http://www.angelfire.com/hero/voiceman/Bluez3dFull.jpg

-Bluezy Bunny