PDA

View Full Version : oh... my... god... OH... MY... GOD!!!

Batty Buddy
Jun 1, 2003, 01:00 PM
Que Passa!!!!

I STILL can't believe it...

I DREW A HUMAN BEVERLY SWITZLER!!!! I ACTUALLY DREW A DECENT PICTURE OF HOWARD THE DUCK'S GIRLFREIND/SIDEKICK!!!
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/2050449

For a guy who previously didn't think he could draw a human that looked remotely like a human without tracing, this is a major achievement.
(Please note, the particular poses that they are in came from the splash page of one of the comic books, where Howard learns Quack Fu and uses it to serve a guy named Count Macho some humble pie. Those words they're saying were actually the first units of diolouge in the book, as they're comming out of a movie theater... the book was in the 70's when Kung Fu madness was just reaching its peak.)

n0
Jun 1, 2003, 01:37 PM
Looks nice, Batty!
Here, have a henway.

Hare
Jun 1, 2003, 07:33 PM
Hmm, I thought Howard the Duck was only that live action movie made in like the 80's, didn't know there was a comic of him... and he looks very very much like donald duck. As for the human you did, WOWSERS! Excellent work! You even went beyond your traditional style. Very good.

Hare
Jun 1, 2003, 07:34 PM
What's a henway? About 5 pounds. hehe.

Fawriel
Jun 2, 2003, 07:12 AM
<s>You call that a rhyming title?</s>

Heeeeey, good job, man! I'm proud of you! ^_^

<s>I tell you, I'm gone for a few days and everyone goes CRAZY!</s>

Batty Buddy
Jun 2, 2003, 07:42 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Originally posted by Hare
Hmm, I thought Howard the Duck was only that live action movie made in like the 80's, didn't know there was a comic of him... and he looks very very much like donald duck. As for the human you did, WOWSERS! Excellent work! You even went beyond your traditional style. Very good.

Yeah, it was originally a comic written by Steve Gerber around the late 60's and early 70's... before George Lucus made one of his biggest mistakes of all time. (I have a poster of the REAL Howard the Duck being dragged into a movie theater showing his movie and screaming "NOOOO! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME!!!"), but then again, it wasn't all George's fault: Marvel Comics already messed up Howard royaly, doing things like giving him pants(A duck wearing pants is not all that cool looking) naming his home planet Duckworld(What were they smoking when they came up with THAT name, and actually showing a SCENE WHERE HOWARD AND BEV HAD SEX(My GOD, there are some things that are best left in private.). Anyway, the first issue was drawn by Frank Brunner, a fantasy artist who I happen to think is pretty cool... Well, he seemed nice enough when he signed my first issue.(He stopped drawing the comic because the subject matter went into more normal everyday things rather then fantasy... but he DID create a fan character who appeared in one comicbook.)

I have a compleate collection of all the Howard the Duck comics, and I personally think Steve Gerber was pretty brave with most of the things he talked about in them, challanging everything from politics to religion.
Who knows, maybe later I'll do Paul Same, Winda Webster, and even the male Beverly Switzler.(Long story... Lets just say Bev has an uncle with the same first name as her.)

And as for the "Rhyming title" sorry, they can't ALL be gems. /\:)/\

Captain Spam
Jun 2, 2003, 07:59 PM
Wow. Don't see you drawing human characters too often, Batty. And it's in a different style than your normal one. <b>AND</b> it looks pretty spiffing. Sweet!

Though I agree, Howard seems to look a lot like Donald Duck in that pic...

Hare
Jun 3, 2003, 01:29 AM
Ah, I hope you dont' mind, Batty B, but I used a rhym in one of my posts at a forum, I know it is your trademark and all. It was...

Come one, Come all! Post your very first online game, even if its lame! :D

Yeah, I was all excited and stuff. I hope you don't mind.

MoonBlazE
Jun 3, 2003, 10:40 AM
I really begin wonder how batty looks in real-life. :P

Fawriel
Jun 3, 2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Moonblaze
I really begin wonder how batty looks in real-life. :P
I really begin to wonder how you can really begin to wonder that without having a look at the pictures section at J2O....

Batty Buddy
Jun 3, 2003, 11:21 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Originally posted by Captain Spam
Wow. Don't see you drawing human characters too often, Batty. And it's in a different style than your normal one. <b>AND</b> it looks pretty spiffing. Sweet!

Though I agree, Howard seems to look a lot like Donald Duck in that pic...

Actually I was origionally planning on drawing Bev in my usual style... I'm kind of surprised that I didn't.(Also, I do occationally feature humans in my Snooze and Mat stuff, but they are on average, twice the size of all the other characters.)
And Howard DOES look like Donald. In fact, thats the reason they stuck pants on him I believe- so that Disney wouldn't sue the pants off them.

Originally posted by Hare
Ah, I hope you dont' mind, Batty B, but I used a rhym in one of my posts at a forum, I know it is your trademark and all. It was...

Come one, Come all! Post your very first online game, even if its lame! :D

Yeah, I was all excited and stuff. I hope you don't mind.

Don't worry about it. I only post in rhymes for two reasons:

1) It prevents me from posting too many stupid useless topics. You'll be amazed how much trying to word it in rhyme makes you realise how important a topic it is.

2) To stimulate my creative juices. I actually write poems. Mostly lymericks, and song parodies, and a couple of theme songs to my comics.

Originally posted by Piccolo
I really begin to wonder how you can really begin to wonder that without having a look at the pictures section at J2O....

Actually, that pictures rather out of date. I'm older, thinner, and a heck of a lot taller now... so is my cousin. I guess I should update it sometime.

Hare
Jun 3, 2003, 05:28 PM
Ah, yeah, you should do that. :)

I think I'll post a picture of me there too sometime, I'm not as afraid of online stalkers than I was a few years ago. :)