PDA

View Full Version : A bunch of art from Beasty's past. May or may not be interesting.

Hare
Jun 1, 2003, 11:02 PM
Hey, I was checking out one of my sites, and I saw an old picture of Beasty. It was kind of odd seing this old image, so diferent from what I draw her as, now, so I'm posting all my old beasty art here. Just a warning, this is old stuff, so you may have already seen it, but maybe you didn't. I'll start off by posting a bit of the log file discussing her design. Lol, my shrine to beasty, good greif. This is more beasty info that anyone would ever care to see.

This log discussed the design for beasty, after I drew the first picture for her, before she had those crazy large ears. Back then she was going to be a secret character in one of my games.

I'm Purrhead, and Iprogramgames is a fellow game designer.

Purrhead says:
is she cute enough?
Purrhead says:
I'd like your input on anything you may want changed.
Purrhead says:
she seems to be an odd mix of many well known characters. At least to me she does.
iprogramgames says:
Hmmm, maybe bigger ears?
Purrhead says:
you are joking, right?
iprogramgames says:
No.
Purrhead says:
those ears are huge... ok.
iprogramgames says:
I know.
iprogramgames says:
Just experiment.
Purrhead says:
I'll do it.
Purrhead says:
hahaha, ok, I'll have fun with it
iprogramgames says:
I like it but think it needs to be a bit more "exagerated"
Purrhead says:
ok
iprogramgames says:
Shorten her too.
Purrhead says:
smaller body too?
Purrhead says:
yeah
iprogramgames says:
You got it.

Here, at the Project Frostbite page, you can find the first drawing of Beasty, before she had the huge ears, then the second drawing, with the changes.

http://purrhead.tripod.com/projectfrostbite.html

Another picture I did afterwards:

http://groups.msn.com/purrhead/ofnointerest.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=144

Here is the next version, where I gave her the white hair, and hands... it looks like she is trying to be sexy in these pics... er.. yeah, it just doesn't fit beasty well. I think back at that time I wanted all my female characters to look sexy or something :roll::

http://purrhead.tripod.com/ghostblade/beastyconcept.html

An old concept for beasty evolution, in my old Ghost Blade project, also some old pics of Karen.

http://purrhead.tripod.com/ghostblade/vixens.html

Then there's these, from the disneyland trip, I'm sure most everyone has seen this art, but just to complete the tour, here it is:

http://purrhead.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/disneylandtripart.html

My next change for the character is to change the eyes to make her look more simple minded, back to the original idea on how her personality should be. (Think spongebob like personality)

Batty Buddy
Jun 2, 2003, 08:07 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Spongebob type simple-minded eyes, huh...
Sounds cute.

Let me know
When it's ready
It's ready
It's ready-eddy-eddy-eddy-eddy-eddyeddyeddyeddyeddy-eddy.

"Stop on your left foot- DON'T FORGET IT!!!"
-Spongebob.

(You know, a couple more changes and you could do some kind of "Evolution of Beasty" picture... I actually had a couple of things like that planned with key characters of mine that have changed a lot.)

Spotinik
Jun 2, 2003, 09:57 AM
cool pics, Hare, and the character ish cool, too ^^.

it's cool to see evolutions of characters, gives an idea how the character was created and stuff..(if you know what I mean o.o).

Hare
Jun 2, 2003, 10:12 PM
I wish I still had a lot of old pictures of my Purrhead character. He's changed so much over the years, since 1991.

Oh, and I don't want to give Beasty any spongebob-like eyes, I mean I want her personality a bit on the simple-minded optomistic side, and her eye design in the latest pictuers doesn't potray that so well.

Captain Spam
Jun 3, 2003, 07:18 AM
Hm, who was Rose, then? Another of Beasty's species?

Always inneresting to see the development of a character, I say. And yes, those ears ARE freaking huge. Now I know it was your friend's bright idea. :-) Cute, though. Good call.

Hare
Jun 5, 2003, 09:35 PM
yeah, the queen of ears wouldn't be the same without that input. hehe. Ears and tails, that is.

Rose level 40 was going to be beasty at level 40, and I was going to have her, when she is mature enough, to correct the hero for always calling her just "Beasty" and tell him her real name. Ah, I'm not keeping that name. I like the name Toka, though... and Sandstorm. :) (Names taken after the titles of Techno songs, actually). However Toka may be a male's name, and Sandstorm is a name for a hyena, but I have no place for him just yet. BTW, I've considered, lately, that the whole Beasty having a crush on Eli thing would be at a more ammusing level if she never does mature. I imagine it like those charlie bronw comics, "I'M NOT YOUR SWEET BABBOO!". It'll be funny if he tries to divert her, and she just never gets it, and constantly talks like they are a couple. I'm thinking a big mix up could trigger the whole thing, when he first meets Beasty, and she thinks he just proposed, (when he's actually just trying to get her help), so she follows Eli around ever since.