PDA

View Full Version : JJGBA parody

Hare
Jun 6, 2003, 09:17 PM
I took a screenshot, while doing some tileset work, and I noticed Jazz was in a humorous position. So I thought up a caption. :) I coppied the grass from one of my previous sets and put it in the picture manually, though, because the floor tiles aren't done, and I just used something else (It makes the image look more believable).

Here ya go.

http://groups.msn.com/purrhead/ofnointerest.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=177

Hey, Radium, could you host this picture, too? (I suppose a sig image change would be nice. True, Jazz sprite comics aren't totally original around here.)

Captain Spam
Jun 7, 2003, 04:35 AM
Kinda makes me wonder where Eva went in the GBA Jazz Jackrabbit game. Jazz never seemed the type to jump from girl to girl. :-)

Radium
Jun 7, 2003, 06:31 AM
When I try to host it and go to the adress, it just shows the adress in text. I'l try to fix this now...

EDIT: It appears that MSN files "commit suicide" when you try to save them. At least for me. Can you email it to me? a@foxmage.com

Hare
Jun 7, 2003, 09:16 AM
Email sent.

Radium
Jun 7, 2003, 09:46 AM
Image hosted.

http://www.foxmage.com/JJ2badgrad2.JPG

Batty Buddy
Jun 7, 2003, 06:29 PM
Que Passa!!!!

You've made an Eva fan laugh long and hard today, Hare. Congradulations.
I despise the characters from Jazz GBA, and the fact that their sprites flipped when you walked past them, mixed with the fact that they only had one pose for each character that wasn't Jazz or a bad guy made everything seem cheap.
One thing though, Shouldn't Jazz be wearing a monkey costume that doesn't look anything like his usual outfit?

Coming soon, Jazz GBA 3: <s>Devan</s> <s>Dark</s> Meanie Shell returns and that red ugly rabbit makes a short cameo but still doesn't do anything.

Hare
Jun 8, 2003, 03:58 PM
Hmm, true Jazz should look much worse. Yeah, maybe Jazz Should be even more ameturely drawn than the JJGBA version, just to say that the JJGBA Jazz wasn't drawn very well.

I considered that Jazz should be wearing the JJGBA outfit, but really, I already spent much of the day just working on the beasty sprite, and a few tiles to the tileset. I was pretty much through with pixel work for the night. I do like the gorilla outfit idea, thogh. Hehe, I may have to have a label saying "<-- Jazz's new outfit", though, for people who don't get it.

It didn't really start out as a comic, though, I was originally trying to show how bad paint was with doing 256 color stuff (like tilesets :rolleyes: ), and I was going to ask for suggestions on a freeware program that can import pallets, and works well with tileset making. You can see that it did well with the beasty sprite, but a skyline needs much more colors that paint doesn't have in it's evil default pallet.

Radium
Jun 8, 2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Hare
I was going to ask for suggestions on a freeware program that can import pallets, and works well with tileset making.
There's a good Japanese program called DPixed. The English version is available somewhere, I just forget where.

Hare
Jun 9, 2003, 08:41 PM
... er. Hey, does Piccolo know you put that in your sig, Radium?

Radium
Jun 10, 2003, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Hare
... er. Hey, does Piccolo know you put that in your sig, Radium?
Yes. I don't think he's completely comprehended it, though.