PDA

View Full Version : Idea and Convienience for topic starters.

KRSplat
Jun 9, 2003, 04:16 PM
I think that the thread creator should be allowed to delete replier's posts in all forums except for Misc. and Art, and in those two you would need a moderator of any forum or administrator's permission. This would reduce spam in serious threads or in general unwanted replies. The Misc. and Art rules would be there to protect replier's opinions on miscellaneous subjects and in Art to protect a responder's opinion on artwork (i.e., deleting a post from a responder that dislikes the work.)

Fawriel
Jun 9, 2003, 04:24 PM
Nah.
It would probably be misused. (Excuse my temporary lack of vocabulary. )

KRSplat
Jun 9, 2003, 06:01 PM
You mean abused? That was my problem thinking this idea out. If you had to check with an admin, it could take a couple of days.

Trafton
Jun 9, 2003, 06:55 PM
A few days? You must have very inferior means of communications. I suggest sending a PM to someone like Derby who checks PMs often and is active.

The problem here lies with the user's idea of what and what not is acceptable in a thread. Some users could wreck total havoc on threads and delete posts for no reason. I am sure it would not be abused constantly, but often enough.

Finally, there is a problem with hacks like this. The next update, they either go away, get really buggy, or completely nuke the board. They also lack any support. I just do not think it is worth the risk.

~ Traft

KRSplat
Jun 10, 2003, 11:58 AM
But this system could get a lot of usage, and with only about 10 (and I'm being generous) active administrators, it could take a while in bad spots.

KRSplat
Jun 10, 2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Trafton
Finally, there is a problem with hacks like this. The next update, they either go away, get really buggy, or completely nuke the board. They also lack any support. I just do not think it is worth the risk.
I was going to get defensive about this, but there is no point, as, uh, there is no point.

FQuist
Jun 10, 2003, 04:22 PM
Bad idea imo. First of all because the topic is not meant to be property of the topic starter. With things like this he would be able to regulate the thread however he/she want to. Not good.