PDA

View Full Version : Help plz

AvK
Jun 10, 2003, 10:56 AM
i cant get the letter Ð at Jj2 to work, it works at msn etc, and if i insert it at JazzED or jazztool but in jj2 it displays as an "?".

Trafton
Jun 10, 2003, 11:45 AM
Are you using registry to input the Ð? If not, here is how:

[list=1]
Go to the start menu.
Go to run.
Type in "regedit" with no quote.
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
Go to SOFTWARE.
Go to Epic Megagames.
Go to Jazz Jackrabbit 2.
Go to your Jazz 2 version.
Go to "Player0".
Double click on the string "Name".
Input your name there.
[/list=1]

If you have already tried this, you may have to just use another character; Jazz 2's international character support is not exactly a miraculous technical achievement of the highest stature. It is fairly limited, in fact.

Hope this helps.

~ Traft

AvK
Jun 10, 2003, 12:25 PM
Yea thnx but i allreadu tried that and it didnt work i think its aprob at my computer :confused:

Fawriel
Jun 10, 2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Trafton
Are you using registry to input the Ð? If not, here is how:

[list=1]
Go to the start menu.
Go to run.
Type in "regedit" with no quote.
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
Go to SOFTWARE.
Go to Epic Megagames.
Go to Jazz Jackrabbit 2.
Go to your Jazz 2 version.
Go to "Player0".
Double click on the string "Name".
Input your name there.
[/list=1]

If you have already tried this, you may have to just use another character; Jazz 2's international character support is not exactly a miraculous technical achievement of the highest stature. It is fairly limited, in fact.

Hope this helps.

~ Traft

Originally posted by AvK
Yea thnx but i allreadu tried that and it didnt work i think its aprob at my computer :confused:
It's like two worlds meeting each other... wow.

Link
Jun 10, 2003, 01:48 PM
Please give a bit more detail about what you are trying to do. Are you trying to put the letter in your name or are you trying to put it in chat text?

If this letter is on your keyboard and you are trying to type it in to JJ2, that might be why it doesn't work. JJ2 does in fact let one use most special\international characters, but they can't be typed in.

KRSplat
Jun 10, 2003, 04:26 PM
Are you using the Character Map or the Alt/Key Pad?

He already said he was using Regedit and JazzEd, so it should be obvious he is trying to use it in the name.

Unless you meant that it works in your name. Those letters do NOT work if you try to put them straight to Jazz2. You have to get another program, there are some on Jazz2Online.