PDA

View Full Version : Oni fan art. Laura Croft gets her butt kicked by Konoko! Yay!

Hare
Jun 10, 2003, 10:14 PM
I just popped in a neglected Oni cd into the computer after much time of neglect. I stopped playing it because I found it was too hard, and I couldn't get past the third level, but I popped the CD in again, turned down the difficulty, and found it was a surpizingly awesome game. Konoko rocks! :) I only paid 5 or 10 bucks for the game, back when I bought it, but I think it should have been more. Anyways, Konoko does some awesome stuff in that game, like jumping from rooftop to rooftop, cartwheeling over a gun and picking it up. Kinda matrix like, but I think it came out before the matrix. She makes an awesome dark hero, too.

Here's the art peice:

http://groups.msn.com/purrhead/shawnsartii.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=180

Apologies 'cause I didn't finish shading it.

MoonBlazE
Jun 11, 2003, 02:33 AM
Finish your purrhead tileset! I know you want to. ;P

Stijn
Jun 11, 2003, 04:26 AM
Yes!!!111111 finish it!

Nice pic, btw. wee argh.

Batty Buddy
Jun 11, 2003, 08:00 AM
Que Passa!!!!

I like Oni too...(Too bad I'm no good at it unless I play with cheat codes.)
Still, my (Female) cousin's a tomb raider fan, so I don't get to do many anti-tomb raider stuff... although, (I don't think YOU saw it, Hare, but a lot of people did.) last halloween, I did a cheap joke with Sue from Sue and Louie dressing up like Laura Croft, and complaining about not finding the right size rocks to use for Laura's cleavage.

Fawriel
Jun 11, 2003, 09:49 AM
Heeeey, awesome picture, I had no idea you could draw humans! ^.^

I've read about Oni.. I think it got a low rating cos of bad level design? o.o

Batty Buddy
Jun 11, 2003, 11:02 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Originally posted by Piccolo
I've read about Oni.. I think it got a low rating cos of bad level design? o.o

I heard it got bad reviews for the storyline and controls. I admit the controls were very hard, but the storyline depends on how you look at it.
(Spoiler alert) Of course, it didn't exactly take a rocket scientist to tell that Konoko, and the villain.(I forget his name) were related. I mean, they're probably the only two purple-haired people in the game. Of COURSE they're related.

Hare
Jun 11, 2003, 10:44 PM
True about those controlls, but I've gotten them down fine right now, and I can do all kinds of super hero junk :). An the story line IS good, it isn't bad at all. I lurved it!

Hmm, Purrhead tileset. Heh, trust me, when you see the final version of the Toca's Fantasy tileset (seen in my description), you'll be like, "Purrhead who?". I can probably rework the unfinished Purrhead tileset after that though.

Fawriel
Jun 12, 2003, 10:36 AM
*points to Hare's sig*
*cough* Has anyone noticed Rad's threads would be about 90% less famous without me?*cough*

Radium
Jun 12, 2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Piccolo
Has anyone noticed Rad's threads would be about 90% less famous without me?*cough*
I studied it. Actually 35.632%. It's more than a third, which is good, considering Batty and I are also there.