PDA

View Full Version : Help before I throw my expensive computer out the window! Pallet problem? Im no sure

Hare
Jun 12, 2003, 02:05 AM
I made a visual aid to empesize my problem. Before I started editing the pallete below the JJ2 sprite colors, I didn't have a problem, but when I started editing below the sprite colors, to make a textured sky... somewhere along the line, I came across a problem where some of my tiles were surrounded by black space that acts just like an area with no background. Ah, I did use the top colors in the pallet, though, this may be linked with my problem. There is the upper left color that I used as an almost black color to do black outlines, and I may have used another top row color for a transparent color (0,0,0 black).

Anyways, this may help the diagnosis:

http://groups.msn.com/purrhead/ofnointerest.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=181

I've given up for now, 'cause I fear for my computer's safety. I'm just about to throw it out the window, and that wouldn't be good 'cause in the words of Mr. Dink, its "Verry Expensive. Hu hu hu."

*sigh* I'm also supposed to make sure my sky colors are pretty different from my other colors... Thats a problem, 'cause I like to use so many colors. Maybe I shouldn't make a textured background. (but this error shows up textured background or not)

The error shows up in 16 bit, 8 bit, and only in windowed mode. It didn't show up in full screen mode.

Radium
Jun 12, 2003, 06:12 PM
Hmm... you're keeping in mind that the first <i>two</i> colors of the pallette are transparent, right?

Hare
Jun 12, 2003, 06:17 PM
Hmm, I guess that may help, but I tried all kinds of things already. The problem doesn't show up when I paste the tileset into paint, then save it... but the colors are aweful when I do that. Remapping the tileset pallet in JCS doesn't work. Ah , and the problem is in full screen and windowed mode. I know I said it was only in windowed mode, but I found it is a problem either way.

Radium
Jun 12, 2003, 06:23 PM
It still sounds like you're using a transparent color as an outline. Just temporarily change them to something real obvious and see if you can see any holes in the tiles.

And remember, if you have lots of extra pallette spaces when you're done, waste them on something useless:
http://www.foxmage.com/Pal.gif

Hare
Jun 12, 2003, 06:33 PM
RADIUM!!!!!

RADIUM !!! RADIUM RADIUM RADIUM! YOU SOLVED MY PROBLEM! Oh my BOB!!!!

All I had to do was use the first color of the pallet as my transparency color, And BOOM! The evil black stuff went away!

MY GOODNESS! Ahhh, Man! I am so HAPPY!!!

*translation: Thanks bud*

Disguise: Typo fix

Hare
Jun 12, 2003, 06:35 PM
Ah, anyways, I still haven't tested to make sure this was a sure fire fix, yet, so I'll have to fiddle around with my tileset to see if the problem returns.

Radium
Jun 12, 2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Hare
All I had to do was use the first color of the pallet as my transparency color, And BOOM!
I assume you meant "Boom", but I got the general idea. You're welcome.

Disguise: Quote edit

Hare
Jun 12, 2003, 06:51 PM
Darnit, Radium, and it is all your fault too! Seeing those Black Raptor picks has obviously altered my thinking. ;) hehe.

Fawriel
Jun 13, 2003, 01:47 PM
...Boom?

Disguise: Yes, BOOM! :D You'll learn to love the word one day ;)

Radium
Jun 15, 2003, 04:56 AM
... Disguise's admin rod was here.

DoubleGJ
Oct 5, 2003, 06:28 AM
...Admin Rod? Can I see it's stats?

Stijn
Oct 5, 2003, 06:58 AM
OMG! Don't revive! You make me sad! :(