PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding Bolly

Fawriel
Jun 14, 2003, 10:49 AM
The topic says all..
Well, I'm making a level, and for the boss, I've got to get Bolly so that he will not MOVE!
But it won't work right...
Wind events don't work, Stop Enemy doesn't, either.
It did work with the Belt events, but those prevented the missiles from flying, too! >_<
Is there any way to just stop Bolly from moving and still leaving his missiles their freedom?

Also, I'd like to know how to disable its spike bolls. I do think it's possible to do that somehow...

Tubz
Jun 14, 2003, 12:02 PM
No, I don't think their is a way to stop him from moving. Bolly was designed so that he does move and that he chases you, in an attempt to kill you with either the missiles or the spike. So I don't think it's possible, and if it was it would pretty much defeat the purpose of the boss. And it would it way too easy to kill.

Can you please add some more details to why you want to do this?

Violet CLM
Jun 14, 2003, 12:28 PM
I'd tell you to check how it was done in Red October, but it's passworded. Oh well.

Fawriel
Jun 14, 2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Unknown Rabbit
I'd tell you to check how it was done in Red October, but it's passworded. Oh well.
Why, you're being so helpful. --

I'll go see if I can contact whoever made that level then...

Radium
Jun 14, 2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Piccolo
Also, I'd like to know how to disable its spike bolls. I do think it's possible to do that somehow...
Stick some TNT under it =P.

Fawriel
Jun 14, 2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Radium
Stick some TNT under it =P.
BEFORE it appears. XP

Blackraptor
Jun 14, 2003, 03:13 PM
Ok, the first good thing is that it was done before meaning it is possible. Since I don't have TSF, I can't haxor into the level or something. You could try using different things until something works.

I can't give more advice right now since I don't know the position of bolly and where exactly the RF's are suppose to fire or anything, but you should keep trying since having that would be pretty original because it was only used once before.

Radium
Jun 14, 2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Piccolo
BEFORE it appears. XP
Oh, and you can't wait <i>three seconds</i> for a little bomb to go off?