View Full Version : VBulletin3 Bug Report

Trafton
Jun 21, 2003, 07:28 PM
Here are all the bugs I have discovered so far. Feel free to add more:

- Several of the smileys are missing
- The individual styles have missing images
- Post counts are showing
- Custom titles do not display, except in profiles
- Users who log in automatically are changed from "JCF Member" to "Registered User"
- On several themes, there is one bar which is the wrong color.

~ Traft

KRSplat
Jun 21, 2003, 07:29 PM
Hm. This upgrade is better than before. I just hope it doesn't look the same in the future; it's pretty messy. I guess that's what betas are for though. We need some new themes too made for this, too, because it looks kinda weird. There are better options and features tho.

defalcon
Jun 21, 2003, 07:32 PM
Well well, it looks fine and dandy, excluding the copious amounts of broken images. Aside that, might I request:

- The "Post New Thread" and "Post Reply" buttons; can we shift those back to the right?
- The JCF Logo at the top has a big white band underneath it; all of the styles need to be readjusted to fit the new layout. On this point, after the default, fix the holiday theme.
- Put back the custom titles already
- Fix the last viewed thingie

Anyone else?

FQuist
Jun 21, 2003, 07:33 PM
Have some patience! ;p

In one of the following releases they will totally overhaul the layout. This is just temporary.

Monolith
Jun 21, 2003, 07:33 PM
- The purple bar at the bottom plagues every theme.
- Temporary images for buttons at top (View new posts, Mark Forums Read, etc...)
- Searching doesn't seem to work (never finds any results)

KRSplat
Jun 21, 2003, 07:44 PM
Patience is for, uh, patient people. And is it just me, or are features being constantly added right now? Is this like that book I'm reading that states that the more chaos there is, the longer it takes for a milestone to happen and it slows down forever? uh, nevermind.

KRSplat
Jun 21, 2003, 07:45 PM
In response to Monolith, searching does work.

Trafton
Jun 21, 2003, 07:47 PM
Search works for me. The forum layout is temporarily, as well, I believe. And, yes, KRSplat, features are currently being added. They have to be, after all; the software was just installed minutes ago.

~ Traft

Trafton
Jun 21, 2003, 07:48 PM
Attach files also should be disabled.

~ Traft

Monolith
Jun 21, 2003, 07:49 PM
Apparently search does work, but only for posts since the update right now. iCeD says the search index will need to be rebuilt.

KRSplat
Jun 21, 2003, 07:50 PM
- Messages have to be 10 characters long. Is everyone trying to kill WA with other forum game competition and now forum game hating and now this? I am a WA fan!!

KRSplat
Jun 21, 2003, 07:52 PM
- What does the paperclip mean? This isn't exactly a bug, but it doesn't deserve a new topic.

Trafton
Jun 21, 2003, 07:54 PM
- What does the paperclip mean? This isn't exactly a bug, but it doesn't deserve a new topic.
It means there has been a file attachment.

~ Traft

KRSplat
Jun 21, 2003, 07:56 PM
Oh. Thanx.

- Thread ratings are allowed
- In my opinion, the default default (no typo) calender display should be monthly

4I Falcon
Jun 21, 2003, 08:06 PM
It means there has been a file attachment.

~ Traft

So... this means that file attachments are allowed now, or has FQiust just not gotten around to killing them again?

Trafton
Jun 21, 2003, 08:08 PM
So... this means that file attachments are allowed now, or has FQiust just not gotten around to killing them again?
Probably the latter.

~ Traft

FQuist
Jun 21, 2003, 08:38 PM
Attachments fixed
Default theme fixed. Other themes will come another day.
Thread rating fixed I think.
New topic/New reply to the right: fixed.
Holiday theme: fixed.
Post counts removed

And some other things..

Trafton
Jun 21, 2003, 08:46 PM
Attachments fixed
Default theme fixed. Other themes will come another day.
Thread rating fixed I think.
New topic/New reply to the right: fixed.
Holiday theme: fixed.
Post counts removed

And some other things..
Thanks, Quist.

The more I use it, the more VB3 annoys me...perhaps it will be an acquired taste. I hope it will be.

"Sorry, your attachment could not be accepted because your administrator's attachment quota would be exceeded by 53548 bytes. He/She has been notified of this."

...Interesting reply to attaching a file. Especially a 61-byte one.

~ Traft

FQuist
Jun 21, 2003, 08:56 PM
Because of the style? That one will be completely overhauled.

iCeD
Jun 21, 2003, 11:19 PM
All the ugly purple bars should be fixed now. (lemme know if there are any more)

Custom titles now show up and official titles are bolded.

User info on the postbit is now aligned to the left.

All styles should be fixed now - minus some images, which will be fixed later.

Forum jump doesn't look crappy anymore.

I'll be fixing some more bugs later tonight.

Violet CLM
Jun 22, 2003, 12:54 AM
Ummm.... where's the quote button?

Anyway, it's about time there was some sort of minimum message size. Is the maximum changed from 10,000, by the way?

Tik
Jun 22, 2003, 01:42 AM
- The JCF theme I was using before is missing. I can't remember its name right now, though. Bah.
- It isn't giving a link to the first few and very last pages after topic names when viewing forums
- Of all the themes I've looked at, almost none of the title images have worked
- Background image wallpaper things for themes don't appear

Besides that I can already see some very spiffy updates...but not having the forum theme I've used for a long time is very annoying. It shall be fixed in time, I suppose...

iCeD
Jun 22, 2003, 02:07 AM
Rebuilt Search Index. You should now be able to search all posts again.

Templates changed to completely lack any of those ugly purple bars, and post counts should be gone completely now. Plus a few other minor tweaks.

Removed some of the "useless" options which are disabled from the user CP anyway, such as Avatar and Public Usergroups.

Moderators and Admins should now have highlighted names on the Who's Online.

BISIMGs (http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/images/macro/) work again.

Other stuff, like fixing the logos and new thread/reply images, along with that weird bug concerning Annoy Mike (you should notice it if you attempt to view the Who's Online (http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/online.php)) will be fixed tommorow. It's past 3 AM and I need sleep. I'm gonna stick this thread so if you have any further bug reports, feel free to post them.

P.S. Unknown, the "Quote" button is now the "Reply" button on the bottom right of every post.

defalcon
Jun 22, 2003, 02:07 AM
Ummm.... where's the quote button?

Anyway, it's about time there was some sort of minimum message size. Is the maximum changed from 10,000, by the way?
It's 'Reply' or if you want it to be in the little box on the bottom it's the icon that says 'Quick reply to this message'

But yeah, could we have that changed to 'Quote' and 'Quick quote this message'? ;)

FQuist
Jun 22, 2003, 02:47 AM
Awesome work, iCeD.

It's 'Reply' or if you want it to be in the little box on the bottom it's the icon that says 'Quick reply to this message'

But yeah, could we have that changed to 'Quote' and 'Quick quote this message'? ;)

No, because it has to do with the threaded system.

defalcon
Jun 22, 2003, 02:58 AM
Ah. Darn, oh well I'll adjust. :)

FQuist
Jun 22, 2003, 04:09 AM
- The JCF theme I was using before is missing. I can't remember its name right now, though. Bah.
- It isn't giving a link to the first few and very last pages after topic names when viewing forums
- Of all the themes I've looked at, almost none of the title images have worked
- Background image wallpaper things for themes don't appear

Besides that I can already see some very spiffy updates...but not having the forum theme I've used for a long time is very annoying. It shall be fixed in time, I suppose...

Maybe you can describe the theme? I do not see any missing themes.

FQuist
Jun 22, 2003, 04:46 AM
I fixed most themes. Some are not fixed yet however.

KRSplat
Jun 22, 2003, 04:52 AM
Okay, the min is changed from 10 to 3. I can live with that :P

EDIT: I tested the minimum with this post, so uh, usefulness addition.
EDIT2: Added editing reason.

Lark
Jun 22, 2003, 05:23 AM
Yeah, what Trafton said.... smileys don't work sometimes, particularly the "ugly/bad/worst/pukey" smileys.

:r
:r

defalcon
Jun 22, 2003, 06:01 AM
Next to people's member status (ie JCF User) it displays that they're online. Oddly though some people have 'Currently Online' and others just have 'Online'.

BlazinDragon
Jun 22, 2003, 06:23 AM
this is really great, but my screen res is 1024 x 768 and the scroll bar appears. I hate scroll bars on the bottom ><

Neways, hope this is another tip to improve this

Newspaz
Jun 22, 2003, 06:30 AM
Why don't those guys at vB make a board that actually looks good some time.

Stijn
Jun 22, 2003, 07:20 AM
lol @ newspaz

Why do you have to click an image before using the quick reply? It would be nicer if you could also just type in something, without clicking that button first.

Trafton
Jun 22, 2003, 07:43 AM
The JCF Member (Currently Online) and JCF Member (Currently Offline) tags seem to often have absolutely nothing to do with whether the user is online or offline. Or at least they say whether the user is offline or online when they post...which is useless.

~ Traft

FQuist
Jun 22, 2003, 08:02 AM
Why don't those guys at vB make a board that actually looks good some time.
Like I stated somewhere above, this is not the final layout yet. They just used the old one and added things to it. They are going to completely redesign the layout to fit all new features.

Trafton: thanks for the bug report.

Trafton
Jun 22, 2003, 10:24 AM
The minimum search length appears to be 20, which is, perhaps, a bit on the lengthy side.

~ Traft

FQuist
Jun 22, 2003, 12:01 PM
I am aware of that. Temporarily did that because we needed hd space - will be fixed soon.

Spotinik
Jun 27, 2003, 10:37 AM
Hm. for some reason there seems to be another bug with this version as well...
some of the pages in some threads can't be viewable, well, take 'Slime the poster above you' for example, I cannot see page 75 of it , and neither the post I posted there.

Trafton
Jun 27, 2003, 10:47 AM
Hm. for some reason there seems to be another bug with this version as well...
some of the pages in some threads can't be viewable, well, take 'Slime the poster above you' for example, I cannot see page 75 of it , and neither the post I posted there.
Your post is on page 74, or at least so it appears to be.

~ Traft

Spotinik
Jun 27, 2003, 10:49 AM
the one on page 74 is since 25th, and i posted a post on the 27th..but I can't view it.

4I Falcon
Jun 27, 2003, 11:00 AM
the one on page 74 is since 25th, and i posted a post on the 27th..but I can't view it.

I plaim the cage.

Ditto. I also lost a few of my PMs. Strange, how it seems to think today is the 25th or something...

...it's a conspiracy... >_>;;

Trafton
Jun 27, 2003, 11:03 AM
Actually, dalspots is correct; there is no time change. The thread just refuses to show anything after page 74, which is a bit troubling. This could also be move-related.

~ Traft

CelL
Jun 30, 2003, 07:31 AM
I don't know if anyone already mentioned this, but the search option seems to refuse to search for any words under 4 letters, which is kinda inconvenient.

Tubz
Jul 18, 2003, 11:30 PM
Can't do a quick reply. As in if your press the button, in any person's post. It will open up a normal post window quoting that person, from which you clicked the quick reply button. This happens sometimes.

And the Lori smilie doesn't appear in the clickable smilies menu on the left.

KRSplat
Jul 20, 2003, 09:40 AM
The Lori smilie has never worked.

Anyway, something weird happened to me at the link below when I used HTML in the Quick Reply.

http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?p=171363

Stijn
Jul 22, 2003, 02:41 AM
Can't do a quick reply. As in if your press the button, in any person's post. It will open up a normal post window quoting that person, from which you clicked the quick reply button. This happens sometimes.

And the Lori smilie doesn't appear in the clickable smilies menu on the left.

You should press the http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/images/quickreply.gif button between the "edit" and "reply" buttons, instead of "reply". "Reply' is the same as "quote" on the older version of the JCF.

EDIT: Oh, misunderstanding. Nevermind, ignore the text above :P

Stijn
Jul 29, 2003, 06:12 AM
Please remove the anti-capital thing. I'm too lazy to find out how to bypass it.

Trafton
Jul 29, 2003, 07:05 AM
Please remove the anti-capital thing. I'm too lazy to find out how to bypass it.
You can bypass it by inserting an HTML tag with a lower-capital. For instance:<xmp>THIS WILL APPEAR NORMALLY<a></xmp>

~ Traft

Blackraptor
Jul 29, 2003, 07:46 AM
What Anti-capital Thing? I Don't See It.

Edit: Pwned. =(

Derby
Jul 29, 2003, 08:54 AM

Note that anything like the method posted above is only permitted in message text, and not topic names.

KRSplat
Jul 31, 2003, 06:38 PM
The Quick Reply button doesn't work on IE on Macs, AFAIK. I have only tested on OS 8.6.

Ice M A N
Aug 1, 2003, 08:37 AM
It took me to the regular reply page with IE in OS X..

-quick reply with Safari in OS X-

Trafton
Aug 1, 2003, 08:40 AM
It works on IE 6 on Windows XP here, as well as IE 4 and 5 on Windows 98 Second Edition. However, it does NOT work on Opera with Windows XP. This is a minor compatibility issue that will probably be fixed by the final or an upcoming update to the beta.

~ Traft

Stijn
Aug 29, 2003, 12:33 AM
And what about the search-term-4-letter-minimal-length-thing?

Link
Aug 29, 2003, 07:29 AM
That's to save space. Searching doesn't search every single post for every word. Instead there is an index of all the words linking them to posts. So reducing the minimum length to three would require adding all the words three letters long to the word list, and linking them to posts in the wordid-postid table.

I think it would only be several megabytes extra, as three-letter words are only three bytes each, and words with over 50000 appearances aren't included (like "the"). But it might be more for some reason, and that's probably why the admins aren't doing it.