PDA

View Full Version : Hospital parody and Ghost Blade pic. :)

Hare
Jun 25, 2003, 02:26 AM
I won't be here a lot, since my phone will be disconnected until next month. A while ago I talked about a hospital parody, and I think I haven't posted it yet, but it is over here:

http://groups.msn.com/purrhead/shawnsartiii.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=185

Also, I'm thinking about turning Ghost Blade into a web comic, and I made a Ghost Blade picture.

http://groups.msn.com/purrhead/shawnsartiii.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=192

Lots of stuff needs to be decided beforehand. One thing that will alter the course of the story substantially needs to be settled, as well. Decisions, descisions.

I hope I can get online more by next month. Also, I'm thinking broadband is very likely in the future. Heh, maybe I can start playing Jazz again.

Cya again when I can get online again.

Stijn
Jun 25, 2003, 06:47 AM
<foos>

Batty Buddy
Jun 25, 2003, 06:29 PM
Que Passa!!!!

AAAAARRGGGHHH!!! INDECENT EXPOSURE!!!

Just kidding. Both pics are funny. Especially the Ghost Blade pic.

Radium
Jun 25, 2003, 06:52 PM
How come you let Noogy's forum know more about the images than the JCF? The Ghost Blade pic looks like you tried to color it in Gimp, but discovered Gimp needed to be installed, not copied. That would explain why it looks like clip art. It is probably another picture colored in Paint.
I assume you made the Ghost Blade pic because you're thinking of making a Ghost Blade comic. Wasn't Ghost Blade was a video game idea you had a while back, and the first one that Beasty (who you now call Toca) was going to play as a major character? At one time you probably had a different game idea where she was going to be a secret character, but never made that.

You're obviously still wondering how to write about Toca's crush on Eli. There would be a few options to consider, like how clueless should you make Toca, and should Eli act mean, or just plain baffled about the whole thing. Hehe, you probably think that it would be really funny if Eli keeps telling her he's not interested and she has this spongebob like ignorance that makes it so she doesn't hear a word of his rejection, and isn't phazed a bit.

Wow, that's a lot of interesting information that Noogy's forum got and we didn't. <s>*cries*</s> Oh yeah, I'm on both forums. W00t.

Captain Spam
Jun 26, 2003, 04:22 AM
Radium: Uh... uh? Hang on, how'd you get to that Gimp comparison? I mean, about the style... I know it's gotta be installed (or compiled from source)...

Hare: Oi! You post a lot of stuff in Noogy's forum but not here? Man, makes a place really feel unwanted...

I'm not sure what Radium's getting at with the hospital gown pic. Looks good to me. Nice shadows on the gown itself.

And the other pic, I've always liked lineless things, like how you did the background (No black outlines around major areas, like the tree branches). Usually good for a nice twist to the normal drawing styles.

All in all, very nice.

Radium
Jun 26, 2003, 06:51 AM
Radium: Uh... uh? Hang on, how'd you get to that Gimp comparison? I mean, about the style... I know it's gotta be installed (or compiled from source)...
I took what he wrote on Noogy's forum and changed it all to the third person. I'm so evil.

Hare
Jun 26, 2003, 03:54 PM
Ah, shoot. Sorry, I must have been in a rush when I posted these here, or I may have not been thinking, or both.

Hare
Jun 26, 2003, 04:02 PM
Wait, hold on, there is something else, too. I really should have posted this here, before anywhere else...

I made a Toca status bar in Jazz Jackrabbit colors. 256 colors, so it is possible to reassign the colors... but the pallete needs to be worked a bit.

http://groups.msn.com/purrhead/screenshots.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=193

I was helping my cousin make something with 3D GameStudio, and that is when I got inspired.

I'll include some info not on the Noogy board to make up for my slacking.

I was messing around with the player's settings, and made it so the player could move really fast, so that is what inspired me to make a Toca status bar. It made me think of Toca because I want Toca's special attack to make her dash really fast. It is really fun, moving the character through a horde of dumb enemies.

Radium
Jun 26, 2003, 04:14 PM
It is really fun, moving the character through a horde of dumb enemies.

It's even more fun if you can use that technique to trick dumb enemies to shoot at each other. :p

Hare
Jun 27, 2003, 12:35 AM
Yeah, that was why it was fun *wink*

Captain Spam
Jun 27, 2003, 07:13 AM
Ah, the fun of paletted colors. Mix and match colors! Fun for all! :-)

Hm, I'd say it looks good as a status bar thing. Simple is good. Though you might wanna have fun and have the pic animate or otherwise change depending on certain circumstances. Heavy damage, powerups, that sort. Make it come alive, is what I'm saying. Planning that?

Hare
Jun 28, 2003, 03:10 AM
Yes, I'm aware of how lifeless a still image is for a status bar avatar. Looking in the direction of incomming fire is something I've considered.

VashtheStampede
Jun 29, 2003, 08:23 PM
you could do like in the "doom" games and show damage by the amount of bandages and bruises on the char.

(just a suggestion)

Xion
Jun 30, 2003, 08:49 AM
I think you posted the first one before, but the second one is really nice. :)