PDA

View Full Version : [Teaser Trailer] Journey to the Center of Carrotus

DanX
Jun 27, 2003, 05:26 AM
Me and the rest of the J2IT team are proud to present the first teaser trailer of our pack: "ANCOYRA: Journey to the center of Carrotus" which was previously know as the mysterious 'Project ALPHA' (more info here (http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7831)).

As you know since March 2003 the five of us (me, Fawriel, Blackraptor, Spaztic and EvilMike) have worked hard on getting this pack done. Some of the levels are done and in the beta-test stage but still we're unable to release a playable demo yet. So we decided to release a teaser trailer instead. We hope you'll enjoy it. :D

The trailer is 1Mb big and features music so be sure to turn on your speakers. ;)

To see the trailer click here (http://www.telemiks.pl/axon/ancoyra.html)

Dan.

Fawriel
Jun 27, 2003, 09:36 AM
What's wrong with you people, why doesn't anybody reply?

THIS IS THE TRAILER OF THE FRIKKIN BEST LEVEL PACK OF ALL TIME! §=)(")($)("$)($=)=

Ninja
Jun 27, 2003, 10:10 AM
It's only gotten 15 views, Faw... ;-P

Fawriel
Jun 27, 2003, 10:18 AM
You viewed it!
WHY DON'T YOU SAY ANYTHING?!
BOSS IS WAITING FOR REPLIES! >_< =$)(/"

Unhit
Jun 27, 2003, 11:30 AM
Hehe Furious Angel by Rob Dougan from the Matrix Reloaded Soundtrack =)

Violet CLM
Jun 27, 2003, 12:17 PM
Huh. Looks ok. Pretty boring background in the Battleships screenshots, though.

Trafton
Jun 27, 2003, 02:30 PM
I think that Jules Verne is rolling in his grave somewhere.

Everything looks pretty okay. The backgrounds are a bit boring on a lot of them, and I did not like anything about the eyecandy on the Battleships level.

There's a lot of good-looking stuff in there, but admittedly I prefer trailers of the playable sort.

~ Traft

Radium
Jun 27, 2003, 04:38 PM
My computer refuses to run movies. At all.

KRSplat
Jun 27, 2003, 05:21 PM
You should have had a motion video, maybe? I tried one with JJ2, by hoding the Jazz2 screens on (F12? Can't remember anymore.) and playing.

Sun Fun Dude
Jun 28, 2003, 12:51 AM
Uh yes, cool I geuss didn't really show much

DanX
Jun 29, 2003, 02:36 AM
Well we'd be very happy to release a playable demo but we're not yet ready to do so - there's still lots of things to be done before the demo could be released. But we'll try to release it as soon as possible.

As for the trailer not revealing almost anything... well we have to be very careful about revealing the storyline - if we say to much the story will be ruined for the player - and that's now what we intend to do... right now the script (including story/backstory/dialogs/etc.) is like 10 pages long... which I think is quite much for one JJ2 episode. I think that the story we've came up with is by far the most complicated of all JJ2 packs released to date (It's NOT a simple "Devan is trying to destroy the world and you have to stop him" kind of thing). What we did first was came up with a story. Then we built the whole world around it.

So basically this pack *IS* story driven - that's what will keep you playing the pack - curiosity of what is going to happen next.

The final thing - please remember that all the images seen in the trailer are work in progress - many of the images come from levels that have not been finished yet and many things might, and probably will, change before the pack is finally released.

Dan.

Stijn
Jun 29, 2003, 07:07 AM
THIS IS THE TRAILER OF THE FRIKKIN BEST LEVEL PACK OF ALL TIME! §=)(")($)("$)($=)=

Just wait for our (Unhit's and mine) pack ;)

Fawriel
Jun 29, 2003, 09:52 AM
*animé-"Nyah-nyah"-eye-lid-pull-and-stick-tongue-out-expression @ Flash*

Black Ninja
Jun 29, 2003, 10:07 AM
loading....20%.......40%.............60%........80 %..........done.

better be worth it, it took forever to load. ;p

and now my opinion, even though you all care what i have to say about as much as you care about the color of my wallpaper.

It certainly looks interesting, although in some places the eye candy is less than perfect. I am horribly annoyed by the Matrix reference, though. HORRIBLY annoyed. Take it out or i shall be forced to make you listen to old records. I will get it when it comes out, but honestly i'm not all that excited. DanX: if you want me to make a .j2e file for the pack, i can do that for you. That's my undervalued opinion. enjoy.

Radium
Jun 29, 2003, 10:23 AM
Wow, it looks like a perfectly normal level pack that will allegedly have a storyline.

Fawriel
Jun 29, 2003, 10:31 AM
I don't get why normally when someone announces something, everybody goes "Hey, I'm looking so very forward to playing" and blaah-blaah. What's wrong with you?

I can just say that this IS something very special. No more info.

Radium
Jun 29, 2003, 10:57 AM
I can just say that this IS something very special. No more info.
We simply have yet to find out what's special about it.

Fawriel
Jun 29, 2003, 10:59 AM
It has an awesome storyline, something no other pack has and levels that can take up to one hour to finish. And other stuff.

Radium
Jun 29, 2003, 11:05 AM
It has an awesome storyline, something no other pack has and levels that can take up to one hour to finish. And other stuff.

Does it have anything amazingly original that will make people want to <i>play</i> it, rather than just ask a friend how the story ends?

Fawriel
Jun 29, 2003, 11:11 AM
Did RHG have anything that kept the player playing?
Did Tomb Rabbit have anything special except brutal difficulty level?

Well, we do have some very good levels, and special features no other pack has.
That's all I can say.

Skulg
Jun 29, 2003, 11:35 AM
I didn't look much on the eyecandy, but what I saw made me really really curious.
But maybe there were a few <i>too</i> many screenshots, which went a bit boring here and there, but it's just my taste.
All in all I'm actually <i>really</i> looking forward to playing it.

At a random note: I wish some certain people would act a TAD nicer. You don't know what this pack brings! Maybe you'll LOVE it in the end. Think before you speak.. please...

Stijn
Jun 30, 2003, 03:58 AM
I personally would find a 1-hour-long level boring. But who knows, maybe it's great. <s>Our pack will be better though</s>

DanX
Jun 30, 2003, 04:09 AM
I personally would find a 1-hour-long level boring. But who knows, maybe it's great.
Do you know that proverb: 'Don't judge a book by its cover'?

Btw. did you play Tomb Rabbit? There were many levels which took almost an hour to finish (mainly because of constant dying). And I'm sure you loved Tomb Rabbit.

And I'm sure that the best levels are the easy ones that you can finish in 5 minutes. :roll:

I'm not trying to prove that our pack will be the best ever, etc. But I'm trying to understand why there're so many people already sure that what we're doing will be nothing interesting - and all of them actually seen *NOTHING* yet.
And I'm really looking forward to proving you all wrong when we finally be able to release the demo and the full pack.

Dan.

4I Falcon
Jun 30, 2003, 04:27 AM
After seeing the trailer, I feel suicidal for having to drop from the project.

Oh well. Good work, everyone.

Fawriel
Jun 30, 2003, 10:46 AM
Word up, Dan! :D

And thanks for the reply, 4I. Even though it IS a LITTLE exeggerated. ;b But now I don't question your sanity anymore.

Radium
Jun 30, 2003, 10:52 AM
;b But now I don't question your sanity anymore.
Instead, you have discovered there was none in the first place.

*wanders off to ponder why more people are joining a Battle1 server than his own idle CTF server*

Stijn
Jul 2, 2003, 12:03 AM
Hey, I didn't judge it. I just said I would probably find a long level boring (I didn't like Tomb Rabbit that much either. I'm to impatient for that stuff :D). If it is varied (sp?) enough, I will probably play it until I completed it or died.

BTW, might that thing "no other pack has" be a world map?

Radium
Jul 2, 2003, 06:32 AM
might that thing "no other pack has" be a world map?
How would that work? A level can only lead to two other levels.

defalcon
Jul 2, 2003, 08:46 AM
How would that work? A level can only lead to two other levels.
Says you.

Fawriel
Jul 2, 2003, 10:13 AM
Says he.
I actually tried that once.
Only that that project was never finished... just like my 250+ other ones.

Stijn
Jul 2, 2003, 11:49 PM
B<x>ut? Will It Be In Your Pack? :d :d :d

DanX
Jul 3, 2003, 02:40 AM
Well I don't know, will it?

You'll just have to wait and see.

Dan.

Radium
Jul 3, 2003, 05:02 AM
Well I don't know, will it?
You'll just have to wait and see.
That translates to "Yes."

DanX
Jul 3, 2003, 06:21 AM
Or "No." :P

D.

Fawriel
Jul 3, 2003, 09:46 AM
Or "maybe so". =3

Sorry, just had to add that. XD

Radium
Jul 3, 2003, 09:53 AM
Or "No." :P
D.
No, it's definately yes. By saying something neat "might" be in the pack, you will get people's hopes up. In the event it isn't in the pack, these people would be dissapointed. However, by saying it may be in there (and it is), not only are the people who are now expecting it satisfied, but so are the pessimists who didn't believe you in the first place. A much more intelligent course of action would've been to say it wasn't in the pack, and put it in anyway.

DanX
Jul 3, 2003, 10:01 AM
No, it's definately yes. By saying something neat "might" be in the pack, you will get people's hopes up. In the event it isn't in the pack, these people would be dissapointed. However, by saying it may be in there (and it is), not only are the people who are now expecting it satisfied, but so are the pessimists who didn't believe you in the first place. A much more intelligent course of action would've been to say it wasn't in the pack, and put it in anyway.
Well it;s a little bit too early to say what will be in the pack and what won't. So it's better to go with 'MAYBE'...

Everything is constantly changing even as we speek now...

Dan.

Stijn
Jul 4, 2003, 02:49 AM
So you are at least planning to do it. Hah!

DoubleGJ
Jul 4, 2003, 11:41 AM
Hmmm... Looks like a big enemy episode for Devil Dash. Both are Polish products, both are said to be "wonderful and inventionous" (huh, I'm joking form myself... it's getting bad)... I wonder who will win. I'll better get back to work - release time may judge on relations. (oh no, I said it... now the race starts)

DanX
Jul 4, 2003, 01:43 PM
Enemy? huh?

Aren't you taking it all a little bit to seriously? ;)

Heck! As far as I'm concerned if at least one person enjoys Ancoyra then the whole project was not a waste of time. :P

(oh no, I said it... now the race starts)
A race? whoa - well if you want you can be the first to release your pack then go ahead. I'm not gonna rush with the project. :D You might wait longer but at least you'll get a good and well-thought (not to mention bug-free, and well desgined) pack :P

Dan.

Fawriel
Jul 4, 2003, 01:46 PM
Heck! As far as I'm concerned if at least one person enjoys Ancoyra then the whole project was not a waste of time. :P

And I sure do! ^^v

PAGE CLAIMED IN THE NAME OF J2IT! ^__^

DanX
Jul 4, 2003, 01:49 PM
PAGE CLAIMED IN THE NAME OF J2IT! ^__^
I was just gonna post that - you're too fast Faw :lol:

Fawriel
Jul 4, 2003, 01:53 PM
I know.. *sneaky eyes* >=3

DoubleGJ
Jul 5, 2003, 09:19 AM
Aren't you taking it all a little bit to seriously?
I thought about a calmer word, but I forgot it. :p
A race? whoa - well if you want you can be the first to release your pack then go ahead. I'm not gonna rush with the project. :D You might wait longer but at least you'll get a good and well-thought (not to mention bug-free, and well desgined) pack :p
I was joking...
Anyway what I want to say is that I'm not against you. I just wonder which pack will be more liked.

DanX
Jul 5, 2003, 10:03 AM
Anyway what I want to say is that I'm not against you. I just wonder which pack will be more liked.
Probably the one that will be more liked :lol:

;)

Dan.

Radium
Jul 5, 2003, 10:12 AM
This will be 1.23 friendly, right?

Fawriel
Jul 5, 2003, 10:14 AM
Yep.
If you had observed better, you would know, since I asked Disguise for a version of Raging Inferno with less tiles, which I could only need for a 1.23 level.

...yeah.

acid
Jul 13, 2003, 03:05 PM
Eh. Whew. 1.23 friendly. I got a bit worried by the easter tilesets.

The movie kind of freaked me out when the music went off-key and said "unfortunately..." I thought this was gonna be a bix hoax! :lol:

*waits for the project to finish*

BTW, Faw, is this the group you asked me to join a while back? Or is this something different?

Fawriel
Jul 14, 2003, 10:04 AM
Erm. I have no idea, acid... I don't think so, tho.
Then again, I dun remember ever asking you to join something anyways.. o_o;

Stijn
Jul 14, 2003, 11:20 PM
^____^

Ninja Dodo
Jul 15, 2003, 02:19 PM
It has an awesome storyline, something no other pack hasThe Lost World episode had a storyline, albeit a simple one... and then there's Another Story as well. However, I'm getting pretty excited about this pack. This talk of a great story intrigues me and I'm also very interested to see if you can pull off the non-linear branching level thing...

I've been PM-ing Mike about how he plans to do it, because I might like to try it myself, but either he doesn't read his PMs or he wants to keep it a secret for this episode... (or he's just decided to ignore me for another reason altogether :p )

Anyway, good luck. I can't wait to play it.

Fawriel
Jul 16, 2003, 10:20 AM
W00tyay!
Thanks for the good feedback, Dodo!
FINALLY! XD

acid
Jul 16, 2003, 10:41 AM
I remember one time over MSN Messenger you asked me to join a tileset making group of some sort... I dunno. =P

Fawriel
Jul 16, 2003, 10:46 AM
*wonders*

Tik
Jul 22, 2003, 02:59 PM
I don't think this pack is going to disappoint. From what I feel I can say, this is going to a very story-driven pack that has a very good balance between action and puzzles. This may not be entirely rare, but as of late it isn't exactly mainstream.

Now if I could just will myself to work on it more....=P

Fawriel
Jul 23, 2003, 10:32 AM
Vacations starting soon, then I will have time... *waits impatiently*