PDA

View Full Version : JJ2 not responding

Cpp
Mar 24, 2001, 02:15 PM
I would like to know why my Jazz sometimes when I host a level made with one of my tilesets stops responding. Then if I am willing to wait, it starts again after about 5 min. Why? O yeah. The problem doesn't appear so quickly if I don't have the member list and level properties turned on (press F9).

Wimster
Mar 27, 2001, 01:48 AM
I have the same thing when I press [pause/break] on my keyboard. Perhaps when you press a lot of buttons quickly at the same time (you're jazzing) your keyboard might send a [pause/break] code and it's 'GAME OVER'. Then again perhaps I'm wrong.

Aiko
Mar 27, 2001, 09:18 AM
Its your overloaded (reminds of this funky "Sugababes" song btw ;-) phone line, Overlord (heck again! No wait...its OverLORD ;-). Well, when hosting levels using custom tilesets, the game has to send relatively large amount of data. Press F9 and check the "send XXXXXX baud" status display to see that. When many people join at the same time or your iSP has problems or the lines just broke down or something like that, you'll experience the same exact problem as you described it. The game will freeze and it may take some minutes 'till it continues. In most cases, all players will be gone (timed out i guess). I have this problem VERY often because i only got iSDN (64 KBit/Sec.) and i often host servers with custom tilesets. My record was a waiting time of 15 minutes, then continued playing :-).

I also found out that the more people chat (specially long lines, lot of text) - the more likely is it to get this problem.

To sum it up, i think its a mixture of a game bug (well, bad network code :-) and problems at your iSP and a question of bandwidth (getting DSL soon, yay!!!).

Cpp
Mar 28, 2001, 11:33 AM
Ok thanks Aiko. I'll try to make some levels with Epic tilesets (which are not as good as mine http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif Yeah. Forgot to mention but you already mentioned it. It happens too when they talk alot.

Talec
May 6, 2001, 05:45 PM
Oh, text lag! I recognized it when Aiko explained. Mine has never lasted longer than a minute, though. *Waits for Text Lag Of Death to approach now that I've said that* http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif