PDA

View Full Version : Why are MCEs...

Onag
Jun 28, 2003, 08:13 AM
Why are MCSs called that? Multiple Combo Events? Shouldn't they just be called 'Combo Events' or something similar? The 'combo' implies that there is a 'multiple' involved.

It's redundant.

Okay, the end. That's bothered me since they were first discovered/named, and I just had to suggest that we rename them.

-Nag

Newspaz
Jun 28, 2003, 08:16 AM
I suggest we keep things how they have been since the beginning of... uh.. time...

Ice M A N
Jun 28, 2003, 08:24 AM
Indeed it was a poor choice of a name. Blame DethMan (uh.. I would think he named them anyway)..

Onag
Jun 28, 2003, 08:32 AM
Yes, it was DethMan. I blame him for many things. Like the bits of shell that stick to a boiled egg.

I think change is a good thing. I'm going to see if CERevolution.com is taken...

-Nag

defalcon
Jun 28, 2003, 08:40 AM
True. But then again SCE's are only 1 event yet retain the word 'combo'. :p

Ice M A N
Jun 28, 2003, 08:45 AM
True. But then again SCE's are only 1 event yet retain the word 'combo'. :p

*waits for Bobby to come and say STE*

Newspaz
Jun 28, 2003, 08:45 AM
There's another reason why it's called a combination. There also need to be set variables.

So variable, and event. Are a combination as well. (Did anyone get what I just said? ;)).

Trafton
Jun 28, 2003, 11:12 AM
MCE sounds like a technical degree. Dethman was the kind of person to name everything after technical degrees. If he could of name Jazz 2, it probably would end up something like "RCGFTEIACFW" (Rabbit-Centric Game Featuring Turtle Enemies In A Carrot-Filled World). ;-P

~ Traft

4I Falcon
Jun 30, 2003, 04:31 AM
Or "TDPGIASGRWABGBUTALASWTTTIAPOAEGSWWTCTPHSRDE".

(Two-Dimensional Platformer Game Involving A Small Green Rabbit With A Big Gun Blowing Up Turtles And Lizards And Such While Traveling Through Time In A Pursuit Of An Evil Genius Supervillain Who Wants To Change The Planet's History So Rabbits Don't Exist)

Which makes you wonder, why is it always an evil genius? Once, just once, I'd like to fight an evil idiot.

Fawriel
Jun 30, 2003, 10:52 AM
(Warning: the following post contains no humor whatsoever. )

There can't be an evil idiot. The less intelligent someone is, the less likely it is normally that this person is evil. A child has low intelligence, and have you ever seen a child planning murders?
Exception are idiots who pick on others. But those are too dumb to do anything bigger anyways, hurhur. ;b

I suggest "ACG".. "A cool game". Narf.