PDA

View Full Version : Jazz3: Ultimate Vengeance in DEV?!?!?

Venom
Jul 3, 2003, 10:24 AM
Hey all,
I found this newspost on Planetunreal

That multi-hued rapscallion CliffyB has a new Gaming University column up at GameSpy. He gives you tips on how to break into the gaming industry and possibly work on "Jazz Jackrabbit 3: Ultimate Vengeance."

So there you go. Its in development. And it will obviously use the UT2003/4 engine.

Hooray!

Venom
Jul 3, 2003, 10:25 AM
Hi all

I had to point you to this post in the other forum

http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?p=167761#post167761

:D:D

Radium
Jul 3, 2003, 10:27 AM
Hooray!
Ditto.
<OmgImFrigginExcitedOmgCliffysStillAliveOmgLetsHave APartyToCelebrateOmgWaitWhy>

Fawriel
Jul 3, 2003, 10:29 AM
Whaaat? O____________o

Newspaz
Jul 3, 2003, 10:36 AM
We saw this comming. No surprises.

Venom
Jul 3, 2003, 10:38 AM
still nice to have confirmation from cliffy

he could have just been leading us on a wild chase all this time, but alas, tis true.

hooray for epic and whatever dev has the honours of doing it.

Fawriel
Jul 3, 2003, 10:38 AM
If this is a hoax, I shall run amok.

If not:

http://www.watfordcommunitychurch.org/images/yay.gif

http://www.ppgworld.com/screenshots3/404/404-yay.jpg

http://www.yay.org/_borders/Yay%20small.GIF

Strato
Jul 3, 2003, 10:39 AM
*stares blankly* You are kidding right...it's completly illogical to make a 3rd because the 2nd did so poorly...

Cpp
Jul 3, 2003, 10:39 AM
JJ3!!! Aaaahhh! It's alive! AAAAHHHH!!!!!

Ice M A N
Jul 3, 2003, 10:46 AM
[snip]

I thought Xion was the hoax crazed person? ;)

Either way... this is awesome. Well.. I hope it will be, anyway. :)

Fawriel
Jul 3, 2003, 10:48 AM
I'm not hoax-crazed, I'm just cautious. XP

CelL
Jul 3, 2003, 11:11 AM
Whew. Hell just froze over.

Trafton
Jul 3, 2003, 11:22 AM
Ultimate Vengence? Groan.

Oh well. I hope the game will be better than the title. Great news, anyway.

~ Traft

Newspaz
Jul 3, 2003, 11:26 AM
*stares blankly* You are kidding right...it's completly illogical to make a 3rd because the 2nd did so poorly...
Only in the USm, which was because of GoD. It did okay in Europe.

Black Ninja
Jul 3, 2003, 11:28 AM
w00t. I hope it uses the UT2K4 engine....It is much more stable and allows the use of *good* vehicles. One problem is that it would likely take a very beefy PC to run if it uses UT2K4 engine..

Cpp
Jul 3, 2003, 11:32 AM
w00t. I hope it uses the UT2K4 engine....It is much more stable and allows the use of *good* vehicles. One problem is that it would likely take a very beefy PC to run if it uses UT2K4 engine..
Level editing also gets very hard. All those movers! All those static meshes! All those actors! *overloads and explodes*

Fawriel
Jul 3, 2003, 11:34 AM
No UT engine! >_<
Level-editing would be impossible for someone who can't program or construct 3D stuff or such... I don't like only shooting around either.
MAKE IT AN RPG AS BEFORE!
YOU HEAR ME? YOU HEAR ME, SCREEN? XP

Cpp
Jul 3, 2003, 11:36 AM
So far I have tried designing some levels on UT2003 and guess what! It ain't easy. After the level designing, modeling and illuminating comes the UnrealScript which is another maze!

Venom
Jul 3, 2003, 11:44 AM
UnrealEd is the easiest thing ever. Here is a map I'm working on-

Here (http://www.planetunreal.com/organizedcrime/oc/map1.jpg)

Its just a matter of basic BSP and static meshes, man I would love to be an SM designer for jazz3.

KRSplat
Jul 3, 2003, 11:58 AM
This deserves a big YaY. It was kind of expected though. I can't really describe my happiness. YaYaYaY.

Tubz
Jul 3, 2003, 12:04 PM

If not:

http://www.watfordcommunitychurch.org/images/yay.gif

http://www.ppgworld.com/screenshots3/404/404-yay.jpg

http://www.yay.org/_borders/Yay%20small.GIF

Lol, calm down. It's best to stay calm about stuff like this. I wonder if the game will still be rated E.

KRSplat
Jul 3, 2003, 12:13 PM
Oh yeah, this also means that JJ3 will be for PC if it uses the Unreal engine.

Venom
Jul 3, 2003, 01:01 PM
Well it will definitely. The UT engine is epics greatest achievement.

Black Ninja
Jul 3, 2003, 01:12 PM
whether it will be rated E or not is a good question...not that the original JJ3 was too violent or anything, but it was certainly more violent than JJ1 or JJ2.

Ultimate Vengeance sounds VERY UT-ish. But I love UT so if it is, that's fine. I guess.

If it uses the Unreal engine, that is great news for multiplayer. Bots will finally be usable! However, online play will be a nightmare for some of the people who play JJ2.

MaGoo
Jul 3, 2003, 02:50 PM
...>.>

KRSplat
Jul 3, 2003, 03:10 PM
However, online play will be a nightmare for some of the people who play JJ2.
Why?

Blackraptor
Jul 3, 2003, 03:15 PM
So now they'll have jazz act as a sniper killing all these drug dealing turtles with big machines? They think us kids will play anything.

Radium
Jul 3, 2003, 03:23 PM
They think us kids will play anything.
And nobody does anything to prove otherwise.

KRSplat
Jul 3, 2003, 03:45 PM
You know BR, I strongly doubt if the use of the Unreal engine means the use of the Unreal storyline (if there is such a thing.)

Strato
Jul 3, 2003, 04:22 PM
heh, too bad it won't use valves source engine YAY HALF-LIFE 2!!!!!!!!1111111!!1111!1!!111

Alister
Jul 3, 2003, 05:04 PM
I really hate to destroy your hopes, but...

did anyone actually read the article? It contains no reference whatsoever to Jazz 3.
Methinks the PlanetUnreal comment was just a bit of creative writing. What's worse, it looks a lot like we are now viewed as a joke by the people at GameSpy.

Black Ninja
Jul 3, 2003, 06:12 PM
I find it interesting how i went to PlanetUnreal and then read the actual article and it talks NOTHING about ANY Jazz3, as Toxic Bunny said. And I figured it was a hoax anyway. PlanetUnreal's "news" is about as accurate as stuff from The National Enquirer.

KRSplat
Jul 4, 2003, 06:54 AM
I really to destroy your hopes, but...

did anyone actually read the article? It contains no reference whatsoever to Jazz 3.
Methinks the PlanetUnreal comment was just a bit of creative writing. What's worse, it looks a lot like we are now viewed as a joke by the people at GameSpy.
Yeah, I noticed. But the context the news post was in implied former notice. And Gamespy sucks anyway, although I question the basis of your last statement?

Fawriel
Jul 4, 2003, 10:05 AM
*burns his YAY-pictures and flames Planetunreal with them*

Haze
Jul 4, 2003, 11:37 AM
Well, nice to know things have cooled down now. And one can definately say it was a joke of the PU staff. ;)
If you haven't noticed by now, this ain't the first time they've bashed JJ over at PU. "So let it hereby be known that we, the Jazz Jackrabbit-playing community, declare war upon all that is PlanetUnreal!"... nah! :P

Still, gotta give them credit for the original title. Let's just hope that whom ever is working on JJ3 (if so) will take this "wicked sick" title. Makes for a nice "in-joke". :)

Strato
Jul 4, 2003, 05:10 PM
*slips on a pair of hulk hands and lurches around the PU office randomly smashing things and yelling at passer-bys*

KRSplat
Jul 4, 2003, 06:38 PM
I think I'll spam thier forums, just for fun. :P

(I'm serious about this one. I registered an account there a couple of minutes ago (I am AlienBob :P.) I think I'll leave the wrongdoing for later.

Sun Fun Dude
Jul 5, 2003, 03:51 AM
Never hear of PU but I think I hate it already. I hate anything that knocks Jazz. Jazz is 'da best and Unreal aint' on my faverouite games list. Really I find it boring.

Hare
Jul 5, 2003, 03:53 AM
Actually, I'm relieved that it was a hoax. If Epic was going to turn Jazz into a Max Payne clone, I would personally vomit into a box and mail it to their doorstep. Then I'd go back to playing the right and good Jazz Jackrabbit 2.

Max Payne is fun and all. I had a good time with it, but that isn't our bunny.... JJGBA *shudder*

Black Ninja
Jul 5, 2003, 08:15 PM
I say we DO declare war on PlanetUnreal. Some of us JJ2ers certainly play Unreal games. We will develop new cheats and destroy the Unreal community forever! And they can't fight back because JJ2 isnt in stores ;p

Derby
Jul 5, 2003, 08:36 PM
I say we DO declare war on PlanetUnreal. Some of us JJ2ers certainly play Unreal games. We will develop new cheats and destroy the Unreal community forever! And they can't fight back because JJ2 isnt in stores ;p

lololololo lets lazar there servars lololol

Cpp
Jul 5, 2003, 09:55 PM
lololololo lets lazar there servars lololol
Yea! We connect to their servers with jj2 and Black Ninja will provide us with lasers so we can crash them. Hey BN! Are you sure you have not made an Anticrash for unreal games?

KRSplat
Jul 6, 2003, 03:29 AM
If so, make an AntiAntiCrash.

Stijn
Jul 13, 2003, 04:23 AM
>(<x>

Krezack
Aug 9, 2003, 09:33 PM
Why do people act surprised at this news? You KNEW it was coming.

KRSplat
Aug 10, 2003, 06:53 AM
What news?

Nimrod
Sep 10, 2003, 01:06 PM
As much as I love JJ2, just face the fact:

Epic Games has the highly succussful Unreal Engine, and the Second Generation Unreal Engine. It can make MILLIONS with them....

Why would they spend there time making JJ3 which although has a nice community, it has no where near enough players to shift enough copys of the game from shops, therefore would most likely make a loss.

Epic have become sucussful company and a leader in FPS engines, they dont care about small time things like Jazz Jackrabbit.

We just gotta face that, and be happy with Jazz 2! :)