PDA

View Full Version : Jezebel - Katheryn Doodle

Wild Angel
Jul 9, 2003, 08:31 PM
Sorry for the crappiness. I was not rushing, but doodling. I saw a portrait similar and it inspired me (gasp) so I just found the ref and started doodling while waiting for someone to get online.

Ta-da!

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/2380430

`Wildie

edit- maybe soon I'll do a better version of it. I was just doodling. I kept getting interrupted, so I kept having to restart on certain things. Grrr

Monolith
Jul 9, 2003, 08:38 PM
Not bad for a doodle. That dark red color gives off a feeling of death.

defalcon
Jul 9, 2003, 09:31 PM
Very cool Wildie. I say that too often, huh? :)

Bluez
Jul 9, 2003, 11:39 PM
Aww... I saw you briefly online today, but I had to go as soon as. *sniffle*. Sorry 'bout that. I do sympathize about the being interrupted during artness... And though it's very sleek, I have to mention that her eyes are crooked... I couldn't help but notice. Sorry. The left one looks like it was going to be a typical, looking in no particular direction look, while her right one looks like its paranoid. But I won't go into further knit-picking (as I usually do with those whom aren't as perfect artists as you) since it's a doodle and since I know you've done a lot better. As always, I love the lips and wish I had someone with similar (curse you, Wild!). I give it five and a half out of three and a half thumbs up. Very high rating for a doodle.

-Bluezy Bunny

Wild Angel
Jul 10, 2003, 08:59 AM
Oh I know!!! The eyes were like... grrr... I redid them sooo many times and I just gave up. lol. I HATE EYES! First the left one was too far out, the next time it was too far in, the next time it was too low, and then I hated the pupils (one was smaller than the other, this is called artist's block children, and beating down the barrier), then the pin-points or light didn't want to cooperate. Grrr....

`Wildie

Bluez
Jul 11, 2003, 07:12 AM
Artist's block? Artist's block is when you can't think of what to draw! I think this is just referred to as 'frustrating'. I actually like the eyes as far as shading and lighting. She's got black eyes like me. (Bluez digs black eyes).

-Bluezy Bunny

Wild Angel
Jul 11, 2003, 01:49 PM
I know what artist's block is, and I had it for a few days and then I saw that and forced myself to draw and it crumbled the block. Bahboom.

`Wildie

Bluez
Jul 11, 2003, 06:57 PM
Ah ha! I usually don't draw unless I have something in mind, though sometimes I can surprise myself with the things I come up with on the spot.

*Gasp!* Sorry, I surprised myself again. I'm too spooky.

-Bluezy Bunny

Wild Angel
Jul 12, 2003, 06:56 AM
*hugs Bluezy*

`Wildie

Bluez
Jul 12, 2003, 10:14 AM
Aww... *Hugs*.

-Bluezy Bunny

Captain Spam
Jul 13, 2003, 04:42 AM
Ooo, purty. Something about the way you applied the shading makes it look really nifty. Like, the not-so-smooth shading gradient adds a bit of a strange atmosphere to her. I like it.

Though, I think her left eye (right eye to perspective) looks like it's facing a bit off, at least in relation to the right eye. Looks like it's facing too much forward, whereas the other eye is looking to the side.

Of course, it's just a doodle, right? :-)

Wild Angel
Jul 14, 2003, 12:03 AM
Yeah, I had a nice cursing and cussing fest at that eye. I still can't get it right for some odd reason. Curse curse.

`Wildie

Bluez
Jul 14, 2003, 01:48 PM
D'oh! As always, I just missed you. Curses!

-Bluezy Bunny