PDA

View Full Version : New Listserver Patches

KRSplat
Jul 12, 2003, 04:59 AM
I've made listserver patches for the new server now that Logicware is gone, probably forever (it was bought by a different company.) They are on J2O right now. I couldn't test the 1.24 version because I don't have it; but I was able to make a patch for it because for some reason I have the full version 1.24 (The Secret Files) regedit directories.

1.23 Version: here (http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/moreinfo.php?levelid=2526)

1.24 (TSF) Version: here (http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/moreinfo.php?levelid=2527)

$tilettø
Jul 12, 2003, 05:45 AM
Great, I already got it from JDC.

Enigma
Jul 12, 2003, 05:57 AM
Curses, it's not working here. *SALPS pc around a bit with a weapon of mass destruction*

Sciz CT
Jul 12, 2003, 06:59 AM
This would be useful had I not already done it manually one day when it was first announced.

defalcon
Jul 12, 2003, 07:12 AM
We gonna get a newspost/announcement for this or what? Logicware goes down for good, and we don't even hear about it?

I'm reluctant to get those patches. Confirmation it works from multiple sources please.

Radium
Jul 12, 2003, 07:17 AM
I fixed it myself with my own <s>barbarian axe</s> regedit.

KRSplat
Jul 12, 2003, 07:37 AM
We gonna get a newspost/announcement for this or what? Logicware goes down for good, and we don't even hear about it?

I'm reluctant to get those patches. Confirmation it works from multiple sources please.
I used the 1.23 one on my regedit, and I inferred Blackraptor used it after he thanked me for it. ;)

<s>What? Don't trust me? }></s>

Anyway, Defalcon, Logicware has not existed for months and it has been one person maintaining the server. He may have stopped maintaining it or have no way to contact us. The www.logicware.com server has been bought by a company that is probably not going to give us out listserver back.

EDIT: Content addition.

Xion
Jul 12, 2003, 08:08 AM
Works!!

Trafton
Jul 12, 2003, 08:13 AM
There is a minor, but handicapping typo in the TSF one. The following key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Epic MegaGames\Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Secret Files\1.24\List Servers]

Should instead be:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Epic MegaGames\Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Special Edition\1.24\List Servers]

Beyond that, good job. Both BlurredD and I have created patches, but did not see it necessary to upload quite yet. This is as good of a time as ever.

~ Traft

Strato
Jul 12, 2003, 08:41 AM
I was trying to patch my own regestry and it took me forever to do so, mainly cuz i was lookin in current user... Tho maybe there should be a guide or something for the fools who don't know how to edit their registry by themselves.

KRSplat
Jul 12, 2003, 08:45 AM
Fixed, Trafton. TSF re-testers welcome to dissent.

Turtleslayer
Jul 12, 2003, 07:34 PM
Thanks! Saved me some trouble. :D The 1.23 one works fine; it just adds this to your registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Epic MegaGames\Jazz Jackrabbit 2\1.23\List Servers]
"000"="jazz.contrabandent.com"

The TSF one should work, but you don't need all those other keys for different versions in there, nor the list.jazzjackrabbit.com entry. Perhaps you could edit it to remove those superfluous entries?

Turtleslayer
Jul 12, 2003, 07:48 PM
Hrm, never mind, Bob posted instructions and a patch on the front page. Good of him.

KRSplat
Jul 13, 2003, 04:05 AM
Use his, it's probably better, because... it's his. :P