PDA

View Full Version : Erm, I was just wondering about something in possum

Kaz
Mar 24, 2001, 05:03 PM
How exactly are you going to intergrate rpg into possum, is it going to be like zelda rpg or what?

FireClaw
Mar 24, 2001, 06:21 PM
Possum is a Role-Playing Game? Didn't know this.

Also, it will be anything but like Zelda.

MetalWarrior
Mar 24, 2001, 06:42 PM
Possum is PART rpg. Not completely. We haven't cemented anything, but here's a couple ideas how it might be:

We may include the ability to improve your character (Skitch) over time, for instance, stamina, strength, aim, etc. There are many possibilities where we could use this.

It is almost certain that there will be plenty of NPCs in the game. Just in case you're not familiar with them (tho you probably are), an NPC is a Non-Playable Character. They're not enemies, but you can talk to them and in some games even fight them. They're usually used to advance plot and impart information.

There's likely to be various items that you can buy/find/sell/use, like in the Zelda games or Square RPGs.

There might be multiple characters that help you.

And definitely, the entire game will be very story driven. Instead of like in Jazz2, where it was: Oh, we beat that level, now will go to this next level, altho there isn't any explanation as to why -- it will be: We've finished this task, or covered this area, or survived this crazy chase sequence, or something, and then the plot flows on through the characters as naturally as in a movie.

Hope that clears it up a bit for you :)

-Metal

Fquist_old
Mar 25, 2001, 04:34 AM
And another 3 years added to the development cycle. :\

FireClaw
Mar 25, 2001, 08:55 AM
That's kinda what I thought the RPG in it was going to be like...

MetalWarrior
Mar 25, 2001, 09:49 AM
hehe :)

Yeah... well, those things really aren't hard to code at all. You know one of the biggest things holding Possum up right now? The design! Have you seen my post on the dev board? The ODD realllly needs to get filled in...

FireClaw
Mar 25, 2001, 03:12 PM
Well, good luck finishing the design, then.