PDA

View Full Version : Fire in the Night

Captain Spam
Jul 27, 2003, 04:43 PM
Hey. Me again. Guess what? I've got another nighttimey full-color pic done. Another from <a href="http://dementia.keenspace.com">my webcomic</a>. And THIS one's got flames and such!

<a href="http://exclaimindustries.net/~captainspam/DoM/DoMMattAlexFireForward.png">Fire in the Night</a>

All sorts of GIMP tricks (Well... hue layers, mostly) went into this little pic. Took me long enough, but now that I've finally got a laptop worthy of coloring, it goes by faster.

And I think Alex's hands just look wicked cool in this pic. :-)

So hey! Whadya think, sirs?

Fôx
Jul 27, 2003, 06:40 PM
I've already said this but I think it looks awesome. :) I do like how she is holding the fire like that...I can't believe it doesn't burn her!

Monolith
Jul 27, 2003, 07:54 PM
That's an interesting use of the colors. The blue and the orange contrast well. Although I'd expect that Alex's face would be colored/lit more by the fireball. I like the flames, especially those on Alex's hands. Pretty cool pic.

Fawriel
Jul 28, 2003, 10:19 AM
<s>Faw: Flame tag removal =)</s>

...die Flederschwein.................. must.. kill.... grammar......

*a-hem*

das*

Other than that, very well done, Cap'n. ^^

Captain Spam
Jul 28, 2003, 12:27 PM
...die Flederschwein.................. must.. kill.... grammar......

*a-hem*

das*

Well, yeah, but that's actually a fairly vague reference to Die Fledermaus, the old operetta. Of course, THAT'S kinda gramatically correct, so... yeah. :-)

Glad ye liked it, though!

Batty Buddy
Jul 28, 2003, 02:39 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Whoa, you got really flamey with the flamey flames that flame...

Ok... When this is the only kinds of things I can say to something like that, you know it's one of those lazy summers...

Tik
Jul 28, 2003, 03:44 PM
Saw this in your LJ, very nice job. The fire looks very sweet, great job on that. I think that if it was sized a little differently and if flipped (though that would mess up the writings), it would make a spiffy wallpaper.

Captain Spam
Jul 28, 2003, 09:48 PM
I think that if it was sized a little differently and if flipped (though that would mess up the writings), it would make a spiffy wallpaper.

I actually made this as my main wallpaper on my laptop. You only SAY it doesn't work because YOU happen to have all your icons stuffed to the left side. So THERE! :-)

Actually, it works well, since most of it is a blue shade and not really obnoxiously colored. Or you can just use LiteStep and not have to worry about icons at all. :-)

But hey, thankee!

Captain Spam
Jul 31, 2003, 04:49 AM
Actually... given the fireball and Matt and Alex are two seperate layers in that pic, I CAN break it into a standalone minmalistic wallpaper... I'm not sure about flipping it, though; in the comic, Alex is left-handed, and flipping the pic would make her throwing the fireball with her right hand.

Still innerested? I can probably do it fairly easily if you let me know what resolution you're looking for and how small you want Matt, Alex, and the fireball to appear on the wallpaper...

Cobra
Jul 31, 2003, 08:15 AM
<beanman3

Very nice. You are improoving greatly.

Captain Spam
Aug 5, 2003, 09:18 PM
I went ahead and made the minimalistic wallpaper anyhoo. I've only got it in 1024x768 right now (Well... and 1900x1200, but I don't think anyone else uses that in here).

<a href="http://things.exclaimindustries.net/DoMMattAlexFireForwardMinimalWallpaper1024x768.png">Wallpapery bit</a>

Whadya think? Better for wallpaper? Anyone need other sizes?