PDA

View Full Version : Super Nintendo Music Conversion

Tubz
Jul 31, 2003, 11:21 PM
Ok, I posted this topic before. But sorry guys, the posts didn't help. Since I already typed this on another messageboard, I will paste it here. And just so i'm not spamming, the other topic was deleted.
------------------------
Hey people, ok let me explain. I got thiese SNES music files right? These files are the complete Chrono Trigger sountrack and remixes. And their in the form (.spc) as in they were extracted from the game rom. That was in the form (.zst) Ok now I want to know how to convert them to (.it) and make the file size decent. I have done it, but alas the file size was many MB's. So how do you do it, let me note I have Windows XP so any Dos program you find on the Zopher's Domain website or any website won't work! So I know this is possible, because I have track 2 converted to (.it) successfully. Track 2, being the Chrono Trigger Theme.

Ok the size of the size of the (.spc) version of that file is 64.5 KB. Now the (.it) version that I have of it is 457 KB. And so the size rised, but it's still small. Ok let me explain possible programs that may help. WinAMP 2.90 and ModPlug Tracker.

Ok, with that in mind, how do I convert it successfully like that person did with track 2? Thanks a lot for the help. Ok other possible filetypes I can use are (.xm), and (.s3m) Not (.mod) because the sound will be screwed up. And this program I want to use it for only takes (.xm), (.it), or (.s3m)

And also please, keep in mind that I need the filesize to be small, like that track 2 was. While it did rise onlu by about 400 KB, and it is still small enough to work with the program I want it to work with.

Lastly, the program i'm using is JCS (Jazz Creation Station) which is a level builder from the game Jazz Jackrabbit 2.

PS: I also can get the songs in (.mid) so if there's a way to convert (.mid) to (.it), (.xm), or (.s3m). Then that would be great.

Newspaz
Aug 1, 2003, 02:35 AM
I think you can convert MID to S3M using modplug.

Sciz CT
Aug 1, 2003, 09:43 AM
Although SPC to MOD is probably possible, I doubt that any converters exist. The one .it file you have was most likely just sequenced by someone. You can convert MIDI to MOD though.

Ryoushi
Aug 1, 2003, 11:10 AM
I already have a completely finished pack of CT music. I just didn't upload it, cuz they say no music. :H

Tubz
Aug 1, 2003, 01:18 PM
Ok people, can I please get some help here. Ryoushi I have an even more detailed music pack, than yours. What there is music, what are you talking about? And I can please have some step-by-step instruction on how to convert. I need help please!

Haze
Aug 9, 2003, 11:05 AM
http://www.dutchfurs.com/~haze/?cat=articles&event=spctoit

There you go. Software isn't linked so Google for it. ;) Good luck!