PDA

View Full Version : Humanoid Toca Remake. :) Sweet

Hare
Aug 6, 2003, 01:01 AM
Toca in a more humanoid form... And not such a little doofus this time :P

As much as I like Toca, she is really annoying :P. *edit edit edit*

http://groups.msn.com/purrhead/shawnsartiii.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=222

And if you don't like this picture, I'll show you. I'll edit a bum on your forehead. Care for a tic tac? :D

Oh, and this isn't a permanent change. I'm not throwing out her normal design. It is good for comedy. :)

Haha! I edit again!

acid
Aug 6, 2003, 07:14 AM
Hmm... To me, it looks more like a "teenage" Toca. Verra good picture!

Fawriel
Aug 6, 2003, 09:37 AM
Shweeeeeeeet....

Captain Spam
Aug 6, 2003, 11:23 AM
I agree with acid. <b>Toca - The Teenage Years!</b> Now fortified with more pinkness! :-)

Still, looks quite nifty. Nice pose.

Hare
Aug 6, 2003, 01:38 PM
Teenage mutant ninja Toca
Tocas in a half skirt
Toca power

...er, uh... yeah. That'll do.

Darn, I gotta learn how to draw old people. Bob darn it, I'll get it right sometime.

Radium
Aug 6, 2003, 01:51 PM
Darn, I gotta learn how to draw old people. Bob darn it, I'll get it right sometime.
<s>Old? Just give her lots of wrinkles, bad hair loss, and breasts that hang down to her waist.</s>

Edit:

also she needs to be short in stature to fit in with the other Jazzer X characters. They are all 3 foot high characters."
Hare's keeping more secrets from us! <s>YAY</s> :mad:

Hare
Aug 6, 2003, 02:31 PM
Wow, I just finished writing that not five minutes ago at the Noogy board, and you are already quoting me at the JCF board. Man, you are quick.

The reason I said that over there and not here is because the discussion came to changing characters, and I was explaining why I still wanted to keep the short Toca.

Hare
Aug 6, 2003, 02:45 PM
Alrighty then...

I've decided to make the Jazzer X characters all about 3 feet high. This height fits well with Jazz Jackrabbit and lots of other cartoon and video game characters. This height contributes to the cartoony feel of the game, and works out better than more realistic characters would.

However, I feel it is best to size the models as if they were the size of an average adult human. There is a limit in how small I can make the geometric details of the world, and it would benefit more if I didn't make the characters smaller. If I do, that would mean that the limitations on the geometric detail would become more apparent, as the player would be shrunk down in a world where smaller geometric details are not possible, making the lack of smaller detail more magnified.

I can make calculations simpler by making the models 6 feet high. Since they are designed as 3 foot high characters, this means that the scale is doubled, and calculating distances would be much easier that way.

... Oh, and when I refered to Toca being in the game, I was actually refering to the bunki species class. (Toca's species is called bunkis)

Toca may be included as a secret playable character.

Fawriel
Aug 6, 2003, 04:23 PM
Yay, bonus character! (<s>That was the only part of the post I fully understood. XP</s> )

Hare
Aug 6, 2003, 08:33 PM
:lol:

Basically it means they ... how do I put this...

I'm bumping up the scale of everything to fit more details in. Think of it like an image. you can fit more detail in a 64x64 pixel image than a 32x32 pixel image right? Same thing here. Bigger scale means I can fit in more details....

Or better yet, screen resolution is a good example. if you get a smaller resolution, like 320x240, then it is really blocky and you can't make out details as well. Double the resolution to 640x480 and you can see details better and all, right?

images measure in pixels, and the 3D GameStudio program I'm using is measured in quants. Actually, by default, a quant is a pixel squared... Uh... but I won't get into that as I don't want to take forever explaining it all.

Well darn, there's a bit more about it I'd like to add... but that may lead to more confusion.

I hope that helps. If not, feel free to have your brain explode.

Radium
Aug 7, 2003, 05:44 AM
Wow, I just finished writing that not five minutes ago at the Noogy board, and you are already quoting me at the JCF board. Man, you are quick.
Radium: Now monitoring all activities everywhere on the internet 16 hours a day.
Actually, by default, a quant is a pixel squared.
Don't you mean cubed?
I've decided to make the Jazzer X characters all about 3 feet high. This height fits well with Jazz Jackrabbit and lots of other cartoon and video game characters. This height contributes to the cartoony feel of the game, and works out better than more realistic characters would.
However, I feel it is best to size the models as if they were the size of an average adult human. There is a limit in how small I can make the geometric details of the world, and it would benefit more if I didn't make the characters smaller. If I do, that would mean that the limitations on the geometric detail would become more apparent, as the player would be shrunk down in a world where smaller geometric details are not possible, making the lack of smaller detail more magnified.
Are you trying to say "instead of making them half as tall I'm making then twice as wide"?

Fawriel
Aug 7, 2003, 10:34 AM
Hare, I got it. ^^'

Rad, you tell me at once where you got that quote from! O_O (Must've been long ago.. ah, good ol' times, so full of happiness, life and really embarassing crap.. )

Batty Buddy
Aug 7, 2003, 11:01 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Tocas in a half skirt
Toca power

...er, uh... yeah. That'll do.

Well, maybe you can also do younger characters.

Jazzer X babies
We make our dreams come true.
Jazzer X babies
We'll do the same for you...

Radium
Aug 7, 2003, 12:20 PM
Rad, you tell me at once where you got that quote from! O_O (Must've been long ago.. ah, good ol' times, so full of happiness, life and really embarassing crap.. )
http://forumpics/searchplz.gif

Hare
Aug 7, 2003, 02:47 PM
Don't you mean cubed?

...He's right. :p

Hare, I got it. ^^'

That's good... I'm just not sure If <b>I</b> got it. :lol:

Radium
Aug 7, 2003, 04:20 PM
Frankly, a pixel is a completely irrelevant unit of measurement in three-dimensional space. A pixel is only a relevant measurement in a perfect side, front, or top view without perspective, in which it is almost technically a two-dimensional image. Due to perspective, zooming, and diagonal views, a cubic "pixel" itself can't be a unit of measurement. More likely, (non-perspective) views of the 3d space start out in a one pixel to one quant ratio.
Owww, my brain.

Fawriel
Aug 8, 2003, 03:06 AM
...um...

acid
Aug 8, 2003, 07:32 AM

TAHTS SCARREH!!!11!!=(((((

Radium
Aug 8, 2003, 08:10 AM
...um...
*sigh* It means you're supposed to search before asking.

Fawriel
Aug 8, 2003, 09:57 AM
Why should I search for the quote while you could just tell me where you got it from?
Btw, I mean the one in your sig. XP

Radium
Aug 8, 2003, 10:38 AM
Why should I search for the quote while you could just tell me where you got it from?
Btw, I mean the one in your sig. XP
1.) To save me work.
2.) I know.

Fawriel
Aug 8, 2003, 10:39 AM
Of course, you could tell me to save ME work.

Fawriel
Aug 8, 2003, 10:51 AM
Okay, now I found it myself... uhm.... I mean...

<b>I'm waiting, Rad!</b>