PDA

View Full Version : Old comic characters and Toca with a weird face...

Hare
Aug 6, 2003, 09:36 PM
Alrighty.

http://purrhead.tripod.com/jazzerx/newpics.html

First of all, I have a picture of Toca. I drew it and liked it a lot... but I don't like it much because it looks like she asked someone what their hobby was, and they said they were a pianist. (mind in the gutter)

Secondly I have posted some old characters of mine. My cousin came by for a visit and convinced me to draw some of my old characters, and I'm glad she did. I haven't given up on them, it is just that I've been drawing other stuff lately. Bud and Croaker look very much like they did when I used to draw them all the time. The foxes look a bit different, and I've added some skill to their design that I didn't have back then. Ashley doesn't have her personality intact, though. I drew here with a feel I've recently descovered, but that isn't how she's supposed to behave.

Alex, the fox is the crazy guy.

Bud, the porcupine is kinda wierd, but mellow.

Croaker, the frog is the straight man (I'm not talking about sexuality), but will still participate in hyjinx

Ashley, the vixen... She was my cousin's idea, and didn't come into the picture until later. I haven't used her much, though... So I haven't developed her role in the group yet. She's kinda calm and polite. However that doesn't stop her from eating out of the trash and things like that.

They live in a city park, and do things like eat out of the trash and hyjac cars.

Parker Bert, the human, wasn't included in the image. His role is to be picked on by the animals ^_^. I did a couple bald jokes with him where they reflected a lazer off of his head, and where the frog was stuck on his head.

If I find my notebooks, I'll post some old work with these guys.

Batty Buddy
Aug 7, 2003, 10:26 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Bud is cool looking. All of the characters are cool, but Bud just plain rocks.

And as for Alex, well, I think its safe to assume that you know I like crazy guys, and foxes(Well, Slothes, Bats, and ladybugs I also regard highly, but foxes are right up there with the rest of them.)

Hare
Aug 7, 2003, 02:58 PM
*chuckles* I figured you'd appreciate them. My old comics are at the same level of crazyness as yours. However, they have a lot of bathroom humor, like there was this one time in my Purrhead comics where Ricky, a young hare is visiting Purrhead's house and has to use the bathroom. The next frame, Ricky is yelling from the bathroom, "I didn't know you guys had a sand box in here". Purrhead calls back, "You mean my litter box?". Next frame has Ricky looking disturbed with a shovel (poop scoop) in his hand, and a sand castle next to him. LOL good times ^_^

Oh, and this may interest you. I slipped an image of Bud in my old purrhead tileset. Some may remember the character riding the Lawn Boy mower in that picture on the wall. That was Bud. Those guys are always trying to drive something or rather. Its a <s>running</s> driving gag.

Fawriel
Aug 8, 2003, 03:27 AM
I really like the picture of Toca a lot. =D
Even though I don't understand.. what it has to do with... pianists... o__o;;

Batty Buddy
Aug 8, 2003, 09:25 AM
Que Passa!!!!

*chuckles* I figured you'd appreciate them. My old comics are at the same level of crazyness as yours. However, they have a lot of bathroom humor, like there was this one time in my Purrhead comics where Ricky, a young hare is visiting Purrhead's house and has to use the bathroom. The next frame, Ricky is yelling from the bathroom, "I didn't know you guys had a sand box in here". Purrhead calls back, "You mean my litter box?". Next frame has Ricky looking disturbed with a shovel (poop scoop) in his hand, and a sand castle next to him. LOL good times ^_^

Well, to tell you the truth, even I can't avoid putting in a toilet humor gag or two in my comics(I mean, heck, a lot of my characters come from specieses that either drink from toilets, or go to the bathroom in wierd ways.) I just follow through with it each time by having someone say "JEEZE, he must be running out of ideas already..." as the punchline for the comic.

Fawriel
Aug 8, 2003, 10:11 AM
Hare, you may feel really proud. This is the third time I have to look at this picture and I looked at humanoid Toca three times, too.

I'M A TOCA ADDICT!!!! GYAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!

Batty Buddy
Aug 8, 2003, 10:21 AM
Que Passa!!!!

I saw the little girl sitting there on the page
I asked her her name and in a cute little voice
She said Toca
T-O-C-A
Toca
To-to-to-to-tocaaaaa...

(Sorry, Piccolo's last comment brought this to mind in the spur of the moment...)

Fawriel
Aug 8, 2003, 10:35 AM
Ehehehe... =D;;;

Hare
Aug 11, 2003, 11:52 PM
notes to Piccolo: It is how pianist is pronounced.

I believe this is the propper pronounciation of the word pianist:

pee-ah-nist. It sounds very close to a different word, depending on how you pronounce it.

By the way,
I'm glad you like Toca so much. :) It means there may be more Toca fans out there, and that means I may be able to make a living off of my art and stuff :).

Fawriel
Aug 12, 2003, 10:15 AM
Ah, I see... XD;;

Well, I'm glad you are glad.. yeah. ^^'

Batty Buddy
Aug 12, 2003, 02:29 PM
Que Passa!!!!

YEAH, TOCA FAN CLUB.

DRINKS ARE ON CLUB PRESIDENT PICCOLO... /\:p/\

Radium
Aug 12, 2003, 02:55 PM
Hell, if there's free drinks I'll join too.

Fawriel
Aug 12, 2003, 10:45 PM
Let's call it the No Radiums-Club. *wink at Batty* ;b

Hare
Aug 13, 2003, 12:11 AM
Are you going to use paper cups for those refreshments?

Fawriel
Aug 13, 2003, 12:36 AM
Dude, since that comic I live in a paper HOUSE!

MoonBlazE
Aug 13, 2003, 04:32 AM
Your drawings are so wonderful. I love your style.

Radium
Aug 13, 2003, 12:13 PM
Dude, since that comic I live in a paper HOUSE!
Your place must be a blast when it rains.

Batty Buddy
Aug 13, 2003, 03:04 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Let's call it the No Radiums-Club. *wink at Batty* ;b

Ok, but lets invite a different Radium. It's a No RadiumS club- that means no more then one Radium.

"It's the No HomerS club. We can't have more than ONE Homer."
-A kid
The Simpsons.

Radium
Aug 13, 2003, 03:06 PM
Does this mean I still get the free drink?

Hare
Aug 14, 2003, 12:06 AM
Sure, I'll have Toca make some lemonaide...

Toca says, "Concentrate never tastes quite the same as fresh squeezed ^_^"
*toca throws some lemons in a bucket and smashes them with her feet*

Fawriel
Aug 14, 2003, 05:02 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Ok, but lets invite a different Radium. It's a No RadiumS club- that means no more then one Radium.

"It's the No HomerS club. We can't have more than ONE Homer."
-A kid
The Simpsons.
You know just what I meant, hehe. :D

Lessee...

*breaks into a chemistry lab and gets a clod of radium*

..there. ^^