PDA

View Full Version : Jazz 1.23/4

sarah_dc3fan
Aug 9, 2003, 01:52 PM
Hi!! I am new here, so excuse me if this discussion has happened before!
I have Jazz 2 1.00 and I would like to get TSF- but I don't think you can actually get it online, I have tried a few times, and the files have always been corrupt. I was wondering if anyone had a patch, or upgrade of somekind to get it, without downloading massive files that ed up not working! :rolleyes:
Anyway, so if anyone could help me out I would be very pleased!! Thankyou,

Sarah xxx

Newspaz
Aug 9, 2003, 02:27 PM
You have a (most likely pirated?) OEM version of Jazz2. You can not update it to 1.23 or 1.24.

Teej a.k.a T-Dj
Aug 9, 2003, 02:49 PM
As Newspaz said, you can't upgrade the OEM version of Jazz 2 to 1.23 or 1.24 (or an other version for that matter), but even if you could, you can't just download TSF off the net (well, you can, but it's illegal).

<Crono>
Aug 9, 2003, 03:18 PM
Who cares if its illegal, its not like Epic or any other company is making money off of it anymore.

Derby: Content removal.

KRSplat
Aug 9, 2003, 03:57 PM
Downloading non-freeware off of the Internet is illegal. 'Nuff said.

Violet CLM
Aug 9, 2003, 04:50 PM
On a side note, TSF and JJ2 are different programs. You can not legally upgrade (unless you pay for it) any version of JJ2 to 1.24.

Lark
Aug 9, 2003, 05:16 PM
Download it at *coughs*.org.

KRSplat
Aug 9, 2003, 05:42 PM
Illegal links are illegal and against JCF rules. Of course, the only part of a link you gave was the .org, so it is hard to find the website you were referring to. FYI, www.coughs.org is a website.

sarah_dc3fan
Aug 10, 2003, 03:31 AM
My jj2 is on a cd- not pirate- but I haven't been able to find tsf in any shops. How much does it cost anyway- cos my jj2 game was a gift and I only recently took an interest in the older games, and I have downloaded JJ1 and holiday hare 94/95 and wondered if it was possible to get the others online.
So do you all reckon my best bet would be to try and buy it? and if so, are there any sites, besides ebay, where I may be able to get it without spending loads of money.
Thanks, Sarah x

Newspaz
Aug 10, 2003, 05:24 AM
You can try contacting <a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/member.php?u=42">Aiko</a>. He can sell you 1.24. For €15, which is very cheap. He actually makes a loss on them.

KRSplat
Aug 10, 2003, 06:31 AM
If you live in USA it is $15.

Xion
Aug 10, 2003, 08:18 AM
1.00? Sounds like a Mac version to me...

sarah_dc3fan
Aug 10, 2003, 10:58 AM
Mine is PC. Ok, thanks. BTW, 1.24 is the secret files right?

Violet CLM
Aug 10, 2003, 12:19 PM
Yes.
By the way, downloading JJ1 is illegal, unless it's just the demo.

KRSplat
Aug 10, 2003, 12:22 PM
If you buy JJ2, you are liscenced to own JJ1.

sarah_dc3fan
Aug 11, 2003, 04:34 AM
I think mine is the demo- unless I JJ is a very short game! lol

Lark
Aug 11, 2003, 04:26 PM
Believe me, though, Sarah, you do NOT want TSF. At night, nobody's on. In the day, it's full of n00bs.

SoulFirE
Aug 11, 2003, 04:48 PM
Believe me LabRat, she doesn't want to hear that discussion. and it's better to grow in an enviroment wich has the same level as you :)

Tubz
Aug 11, 2003, 08:26 PM
If you buy JJ2, you are liscenced to own JJ1.

Exactly. I wrote an email to Epic at the time for JJ1. But if I didn't I probably would have downloaded it somewhere. When it says something on the game box, I go buy it, and stick to it. As in, this company was offering JJ1 for free, but did not put it. I go by any means necessary of getting it.

But it was easy, and emailing them worked. I don't know if it would work nowadays.

About 1.24, you can also ask the JJ member on this board: Haze, about it.

Haze
Aug 12, 2003, 02:22 AM
She already has done so, Tublear. ;) (Hi Sarah!)

And I told her I will keep an eye open, as copies tend to pop up sometimes here in The Netherlands. But I take it Aiko still has a batch lying around?

sarah_dc3fan
Aug 12, 2003, 07:54 AM
Hi haze! lol and thanks again for your help. So can you only play TSF online then? :lori:

Sarah x

TheMonkeyBoyz
Aug 12, 2003, 06:41 PM
OK, so the Secret Files is a release of Jazz 2 that has all new levels and stuff but was only sold in Europe, is that correct? Anybody have any of the specs on this release and can it still be purchased?

Thanks.

Violet CLM
Aug 12, 2003, 06:58 PM
You can play TSF online, yes, but you can also play JJ2 online.

MonkeyBoyz: TSF's main components are these:

Three new tilesets (not counting night versions).
Nine new single player levels.
One new character.
A few bug fixes.
A different version number.

TheMonkeyBoyz
Aug 12, 2003, 08:59 PM

One new character.
A few bug fixes.

Cool - thanks for the info.

I tried to purchase TSF, but apparently Take Two has the distro rights for the US, some other company has them for Europe and they won't sell to folks here in the US. Take Two has not relinquished the rights, but they have not made it available here either, so I'm goofed I guess.

Still, this site has some great custom level packs, so I'm going to try those.

From what I've read, JJ2 online is the one everyone plays, not TSF online, right?

Violet CLM
Aug 12, 2003, 09:01 PM
It mainly depends on your time zone and what language you speak. For example, if you live in Canada and primarily speak English, you should probably go with JJ2 in the daytime.

Tubz
Aug 12, 2003, 10:43 PM

One new character.
A few bug fixes.

Wow! A different version number, btw this is one of the worst expansions to a game ever, IMO. Mainly because it doesn't have much, isn't worth the price. Hardly and servers are up anymore, and still too many bugs, like the race doesn't work, you have to download a patch for that.

Also, do you mind explaining the new bug fixes? Also, the levels are still cake to beat. The new character's sprite is different than Jazz and Spaz. And her special moves are Jazz's copter, and a modified version and shorter distance version, and can be continuous sidekick, with a rolling blade at the end.

This game should have been released for free, and btw none of the JCS dead events are fixed in this game. Such as Autofire.

sarah_dc3fan
Aug 13, 2003, 05:55 AM
so how do I go about playing JJ2 online?
and, can you not play a co-operative game in the 9 new levels?

Xtreem
Aug 30, 2003, 04:22 AM
make sure you have this list server patch which u can get @ http://www.jazz2online.com/jdc/levels/contrabandent.reg then just go to internet games and join one :)

Another Jazz player from the uk :) hello

Karmus
Sep 24, 2003, 05:45 AM
(No Warez)

[Warez are not allowed on this forum. This has resulted in a subwarning for you -FQuist]

Derby: Subject removal.

Hare
Sep 24, 2003, 06:02 AM
Hmm... I'm thinking that link will be owned.

Stijn
Sep 24, 2003, 06:53 AM
K, then just go to google and search for (*BEEP*)

[Warez are NOT allowed on this forum. -FQuist]