PDA

View Full Version : Random Fandom, MSPaint. Thought I was dead? Guess what- I aint!

Batty Buddy
Aug 10, 2003, 12:37 PM
Que Passa!!!!

You may be wondering why I haven't shown any art recently. Well, the thing is I first had to deal with a really hot sticky summer, where I had no access to a scanner.
Fortunatly, its cooled down- In fact, we actually had rain for the past couple of days. However I still have no access to a scanner.

Course, that never stopped me before. However, I don't get too many ideas for my own creations during Summer. To tell you the truth, Fall and Winter are my favorite seasons to draw about. So until then, check it out- a bunch of seemingly random topics of fanart:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/2624383/
My second Fairly Oddparents fanart... I might draw Chester and A.J. next.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/2639840/
You got your Disney in my Matrix... AGAIN!! (Ok, yeah, I've been reading a lot of Don Rosa and Carl Barks's stuff over the summer.)

http://www.deviantart.com/view/2648812/
An anchant Video game doodle. Anyone who's actually played every one of these games in an actual video arcade gets the special golden magic cookie that grants wishes(Even I didn't get to play Mappy until Emulators).

http://www.deviantart.com/view/2180470/
(Well, Ok, so this was before Summer, and it's actually hand-drawn... I just wanted to know if anyone remembered Danger Mouse other then me... So sue me...)

Captain Spam
Aug 10, 2003, 11:31 PM
Crumbs, chief! It's DM himself!

Now, I recognize most of the characters in the video game one (I even recognized Mappy, though I've never played the game), but who's the kangaroo on top?

Nice shot with the Matrix one. Tricky to pull in a THIRD Disney character without even drawing her. :-)

Radium
Aug 11, 2003, 05:28 AM
Fortunatly, its cooled down- In fact, we actually had rain for the past couple of days. However I still have no access to a scanner.Fortunately*
... and good pictures too.

Fawriel
Aug 11, 2003, 09:57 AM
Fortunately*
... and good pictures too.
great*

Radium
Aug 11, 2003, 10:20 AM
I would have said great, had you spelled "fortunately" right.

Batty Buddy
Aug 11, 2003, 02:21 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Crumbs, chief! It's DM himself!

Now, I recognize most of the characters in the video game one (I even recognized Mappy, though I've never played the game), but who's the kangaroo on top?

First of all, Nice Penfold impression... (Si Baronie...)

Second, I figured that the kangaroo would be a toughy(I only played her game once, and until recently, when I found others like me, I thought I only imagined it.) The thing is she comes from an old Atari game called "Kangaroo". It's a lot like the origional Donkey Kong, and involves a boxing kangaroo trying to rescue her joey from a bunch of apple throwing monkeys in a tree(Who, by the way, look extreamly silly when you punch them out.). It's quite fun if you ever get a chance at playing it.
The kangaroo(Known only as Mama) doesn't really look quite like I drew her. In fact, in the game her head looks like a camels head. But I like my design better.

(By the way, can anyone help with coming up with the Agents in Mickey Matrix. I'm thinking either the Beagle Boys, Peg Leg Petes, or Phantom Blots...)

Hare
Aug 12, 2003, 12:57 AM
Wow, nice. I like that you have a good eye for the classics :).

You'd probably be a good person to have on a team trying to make a new classic style game.

I played mappy once in the arcade, but I was really young and I was not good at all.

Batty Buddy
Aug 12, 2003, 02:23 PM
Que Passa!!!!

You'd probably be a good person to have on a team trying to make a new classic style game.

Actually, thats a bit of a hobby of mine. If I've played a videogame featuring characters that I liked, but I never see a sequal, I think up ideas for a sequal of my own. Hence my Dig Dug and Aero stuff.

Ironically, the only game I ever actually programed is a silly little program where you try to manuver Mat around a tree collecting fruit, while watching out for four turrent guns fireing at him from the sides of the screen(Mats death scene in that was the oddest-looking animation I've ever done- he turns black, blinks twice, smiles, flips over, and drops like a bag of hammers.).