PDA

View Full Version : Sugestion for J2O schemes

EvilMike
Jun 18, 2001, 09:48 PM
The feature that allows you to change the colours J2O uses is great, but sometimes I find that the colours you choose clash with the images on the page. My suggestion is to make a feature where you can make a CSS file as a scheme. I'm pretty sure it is possible to do, and this can allow advanced users to make a totally different looking website.

But then, I don't know much about PhP, and I don't even know if it is CSS compatible. I also don't know if J2O even uses CSS. It would be a cool feature if it was possible to do though.

Fquist_old
Jun 18, 2001, 11:18 PM
That would be very hard to integrate.. I'd have to change about 10(?) files totally..

And also keep in mind that almost no-one knows css on this board..

John
Jun 19, 2001, 06:49 AM
actually, it wouldn't be that hard if it's set up how I think it is...

just create a new usertheme table with all the same fields as themes, plus userid. Then have a special theme (with themeid being something like -1), called Custom, and if selected do SELECT * FROM usertheme WHERE userid=$logged_in_user to get their colors.

Electric Ir
Jun 19, 2001, 11:03 AM
Well, I think the old way is just the easiest, you send your ideas for colors, backgrounds and logo's to Fquist as a theme, and he can choose it or not.