PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Moderators

Trafton
Sep 3, 2003, 04:37 PM
I do not typically post topics like this, and I obviously know what this sounds like, so in advance, no.

Now, on to the point. I have noticed lately that there has been a lot of spam in Miscellaneous Stuff and a lot of abuse posts. In fact, much more than usual. And, while they are eventually gotten to, it can sometimes be more than a day if an administrator is not online. Also, I feel bad for Derby, as he has to go all alone on it. Not that he is not capable of doing so, but it still seems like most posts are edited less quickly than before.

I honestly think that it is odd that the moderators are moderating things such as War Tavern, Clan Talk, and Comedy Cafe. Sure, Clan Talk is likely to cause flame wars, War Tavern stories oftentimes contain profanities, and Comedy Cafe posts can be inappropriate, but nonetheless it is odd that the moderators are wasted on such semi-active forums when at least 80% of abuses are in Misc., if not more.

I think that moderators should be applied to Miscellaneous Stuff more than the other forums and perhaps even be promoted to Administrator or at least Super Moderator. While I do understand the trust thing involved, I cannot readily think of a single untrustworthy or not-capable moderator and think that at least Super Moderator status would be a proactive change. At least - perhaps to reduce load on the administrators and to increase response time - more active moderators like ElectroPiZZa could be promoted and/or given more actually commonly used forums to moderate?

Thank you in advance for your responses, assuming they come, and thanks in advance anyway if they do not; at least you read this. ;-P

~ Traft

Radium
Sep 3, 2003, 05:06 PM
Assuming Derby <i>is</i> a bot, the solution to this could be as simple as Select:Derby.exe, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V. If not, perhaps we just need a new moderator, one that's here 24/7. Heh, I can picture Faw as a mod... "you draw very (WELL)".

Ninja
Sep 3, 2003, 05:19 PM
*Waits for n00bs who saw the word moderator not even read the message and say, "LET ME BE 1 LOL :D"*

Or something.

Fawriel
Sep 3, 2003, 06:05 PM
Nah, thanks.
Not that they'd take me anyways.
I once did ask to be, though.. jee, what was I on.. o_o;;;

Newspaz
Sep 4, 2003, 03:03 AM
My personal opinion is that Miscellaneous stuff should be get rid of. And moved to some SpiffyJuice.com forum.

Fawriel
Sep 4, 2003, 03:07 AM
*hisses at Newspaz*

Radium
Sep 4, 2003, 11:37 AM
My personal opinion is that Miscellaneous stuff should be get rid of. And moved to some SpiffyJuice.com forum.
But then <i>nobody</i> could come here!

Tik
Sep 4, 2003, 12:03 PM
My personal opinion is that Miscellaneous stuff should be get rid of. And moved to some SpiffyJuice.com forum.SpiffyJuice.com does have its own forums already, I just haven't bothered to do any work on them in many many months. Besides, SJ and Misc do not relate that directly. Oh wait, you were probably just joking around.

And I agree with what Trafton said.

Krezack
Sep 5, 2003, 04:00 AM
I agree with Trafton about the spamming and idiot attacks, however, I hope this does not mean that things become too strict again. Clean up the spamming and you will basically be cleaning other things up anyway, since there is less of a morass to trudge through.

Newspaz
Sep 5, 2003, 05:09 AM
SpiffyJuice.com does have its own forums already, I just haven't bothered to do any work on them in many many months. Besides, SJ and Misc do not relate that directly. Oh wait, you were probably just joking around.

And I agree with what Trafton said.
Actually, I wasn't kidding.

Coppertop
Oct 3, 2003, 08:24 AM
It does seem a little overwhelming for one moderator, even if it is Derby.

Radium
Oct 3, 2003, 11:25 AM
If I wasn't such a krappy person, I'd make a good admin... well, I am here eight hours a day.

Fawriel
Oct 3, 2003, 11:27 AM
Before you become moderator, I become president of the USA.
And I know it'snot possible for someone not born in the US.

Coppertop
Oct 4, 2003, 08:11 AM
<s>Darn it! There goes my plan for world domination ...</s>

Radium
Oct 4, 2003, 08:33 AM
CT should be a WT mod, in my opinion.

Fawriel
Oct 4, 2003, 08:50 AM
<s>I should be an Art Forum mod, in my opinion.</s>

Coppertop
Oct 4, 2003, 09:18 AM
CT should be a WT mod, in my opinion.

No.

Blackraptor
Oct 4, 2003, 10:13 AM
I dont see why people would want to become moderators? Wow, you get to delete posts and edit stuff, big deal. Don't you people have other things to do than sit here deleting posts every hour of the day?

Radium
Oct 4, 2003, 11:06 AM
Don't you people have other things to do than sit here deleting posts every hour of the day?
You think that's bad, I sit here eyery hour of the day and <i>can't</i> delete anything.

Fawriel
Oct 4, 2003, 11:10 AM
It makes you feel like you were something special, why you are not.

YAAAAY, GIMME, WHOOWHOOWHOO!!!!!!!!!!

KRSplat
Oct 4, 2003, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator could be a useful status. I don't see why the only one is The Moving Bot (which I don't think is needed anymore.)