PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the "pictures" section.

Ducky
Sep 5, 2003, 03:26 PM
(I hope this is in the right forum!)

As you all most likely know, it's only allowable for an admin to delete a picture or voice file in the pictures section. I was just wondering: why and if that's necessary.

I was just going to delete my old pictures because they don't need to be there, and thought it was a little weird that the authour can't delete his own thread.

Anyway, thanks.

`Duckeh

Trafton
Sep 5, 2003, 03:29 PM
This problem will be solved in a very effective way in J2Ov2. Until now, you will just have to contact an administrator. Do you have any pictures you still want deleted, and if so, where and which?

~ Traft

Bobby aka Dizzy
Sep 5, 2003, 04:55 PM
I made this decision when I wrote that secion based on the thinking that uploads would be more of a general voice picture for people to relate by - similar to what J2S had. Along with that I did not like the idea of people constantly deleting pictures since they tend to be large and just in the interest of safety we have never really deleted the files from the server with a script, we have only removed the record from the database.

Ducky
Sep 7, 2003, 05:56 AM
Okay. Cool. Thanks guys.
Traft: Any of them, I guess; I was just going to remove them because they were just hanging around.