PDA

View Full Version : Which Listservers Conect tge fastest to ListServers

$tilettø
Jun 19, 2001, 11:34 PM
"jazz.logicware.com"

is there a other Lisserver

or a other way that let me conect faster to the Servers ?

~SPLASH~
Jun 20, 2001, 02:33 AM
blaster had a updated regedit file or something that connects to the servers within a second...of course its for jazz, not an independent program or something :P

$tilettø
Jun 20, 2001, 02:45 AM
the "Regedit File"

Add Listservers

i Need to Know which one if Faster

Bean Always Conects Very Fast

Derby
Jun 20, 2001, 03:01 AM
Connecting to the list servers quickly isn't any trick or secret, as of now. All you have to do is put "jazz.logicware.com" at "000" and "list.jazzjackrabbit.com" at "001", because it does work once in a while, in the registry, and you'll be accessing them quickly. Also, you may want to put "monolith.idlegames.com" behind "jazz.logicware.com" in the registry, as I believe he mirrors it.

$tilettø
Jun 20, 2001, 03:18 AM
On , Derby wrote:

Connecting to the list servers quickly isn't any trick or secret, as of now. All you have to do is put "jazz.logicware.com" at "000" and "list.jazzjackrabbit.com" at "001", because it does work once in a while, in the registry, and you'll be accessing them quickly. Also, you may want to put "monolith.idlegames.com" behind "jazz.logicware.com" in the registry, as I believe he mirrors it.

i only have "jazz.logicware.com" at "000"

i deleted "list.jazzjackrabbit.com"

i think this only slows it down

i dont have "monolith.idlegames.com"

i think if i do that it will slow down

ElectroPiZZa
Jun 20, 2001, 09:51 AM
However, if you put "jazz.logicware.com" before "list.jazzjackrabbit.com", you won't be able to host, as the server won't show up in the serverlist at all. The way to fix this is to put in both strings, 000 and 001, "jazz.logicware.com", so you can retrieve the serverlist data quickly and you can host without any problems.

Bobby aka Dizzy
Jun 20, 2001, 11:08 AM
Yes, Pizza is right and Derby if you do that you won't be able to host unless you change the default places in JJ2 with a hex edittor.

I'd set 000 to jazz.logicware.com and 001 to jazz.logicware.com

Derby
Jun 20, 2001, 04:27 PM
Hmm... I had them the way I advised to have them, and I have no problems with my server or the hosting at all. What is the affected factor of this setup, then?

Bobby aka Dizzy
Jun 21, 2001, 02:17 PM
Its a chance pretty much. JJ2 select 3 list servers to try to connect to. If if takes the 2 from the game exe and then list.jazzjackrabbit.com then it will not be on a list server. Always have JJ2 spy window open to check for this if you host like that Derby.

Alberto
Jul 13, 2001, 02:22 AM
I suggest you to put in:

000 "jazz.logicware.com

and 001 "monolith.idlegames.com

Cause Logicware and Mono are syncing with eachother everytime so as u know Jazz 2 chooses a random list when hosting.

It will just appear as mirror in Logicware's server

If by some reason Mono's list is down u don't have to worry cause Jazz 2 tries the first one when connecting, but if u server and the game picks that one, then it will check that it fails and it will try the another one.

Also, by having that 2 lists in your registry you will avoid a problem that happened to some friends and me when connecting, just the error connecting to list servers error, that sometimes happen cause your ISP

If u have errors will the first one, the gasme will try the another.