PDA

View Full Version : A higher grade of sketch

Hare
Sep 25, 2003, 02:07 AM
Okay, here it is, an image of beauty without a sexual message and it surpasses all my previous images.

I've been seeking for a long time...
I've been to a couple online communities, and my experiences have been on a range from empty to disgusting. I went to a christian chat room and found a place where I feel at home, and alive. I am a Christain, that is who I am. I can see that clearer now. When I came to a point of simple faith in God, without expecting myself to know everything, I have fealt peace in the first time in years. I wasn't interested in fighting back when people put down my beliefs, I don't have to anymore. Scientific discussions are no longer something that I have to get offended by. I was surprised to notice that I was no longer thinking like a pessemist, but I my thinking and behavior reminded me of those type of people I always appreciated the most. *chuckles* I found a place where I belong, and I don't have to feel like an outcast anymore. That is it, then. I'm dedicating my life to God. That is one of the scarriest thoughts I used to have. I would be like, "Dedicate my life to God? NO! Run!". My logic doesn't want that at all, but I'm doing it. The old Hare is gone, and I'm not turning back. So I finally made the big step... Its about time. ^_^

http://purrhead.thj.no/Sketch/toca_tidy.png
Here's an image of Toca, with a good attention to detail, and a look of genuine "brotherly" love.

*chuckles* sorry, in this country, we have one word for it, "love". But there are many types. The phraze "brotherly love" will have to do, even though Toca is a female. :P

Awww, she looks so sweet like that ^_^

Radium
Sep 25, 2003, 02:38 AM
My aunt's a nun ("dedicated her life to God") and she's also a vegetarian. Don't become a vegetarian, most restaurants only have two vegetarian dishes.

Coppertop
Sep 25, 2003, 07:04 AM
Awesome ...

n0
Sep 25, 2003, 08:23 AM
Hey, that looks great!

What fourm did you find? Whats the URL?

Fawriel
Sep 25, 2003, 08:36 AM
Holy... did this all really start with Infinite saying "furry art is evil"? O__O

But.. I must say, it's a really positive change.. at least in your art. She looks much more beautiful like this than in the short top and skirt. ^^
Very beautiful image, dude!

Batty Buddy
Sep 25, 2003, 09:09 AM
Que Passa!!!!

So, found religion, huh...

Cool. Congrads. (I myself am still looking.)

/\:D/\

Radium
Sep 25, 2003, 11:14 AM
I seem to have forgotten to mention: Nice pic.

The reason I'm working so hard to perfect my future perdiction techniques is so I'll be able to look at people's faces when I say "In 24 hours you will devote your life to religeon when someone calls furry art evil". So far, all I can read from the future is that I'm going to spill tomato soup on my backpack within the next year.

Hare
Sep 25, 2003, 01:17 PM
Holy... did this all really start with Infinite saying "furry art is evil"? O__O

But.. I must say, it's a really positive change.. at least in your art. She looks much more beautiful like this than in the short top and skirt. ^^
Very beautiful image, dude!

LOL, well, when he said that, it just triggered a chain reaction that lead to a realization. I was already on my way to devoting my life to
God, but I'm glad he said that. If he didn't, I'm not sure if I would have noticed the impurity of my art like I did.

Oh, and this peice was drawn without construction. I do not know why it is this way, but if I draw a character without construction, I draw the seperet parts of the character with a higher quality. I guess the feeling of not having to conform makes me more relaxed and I put more attention into detail. It is purely psychological, I believe. If I fealt as free with consruction, I bet I could do something just as good. This was nice, I fealt like I was carving out a figure... Hmm... Maybe that is it. Yeah, it makes a lot of sense. Ok, now I understand... Drawing this image was like carving out a figure, but when I draw with construction, I feel forced to draw within certain bounds. I don't understand how to use those bounds well, so that explains the difference in quality. In other words, I don't know how to use construction well. LOL :lol:

When making this peice, I was trying to capture a good merge of beauty and cute. Which is one of the reasons furry art is so nice as a form of entertainment. It is kind of like a cellphone PDA. It is a PDA, it is a cellphone, it is a bit of both. ^_^ I mean, I could decide to draw a beautiful lady, or a cute critter... Or I could just do a bit of both. I find that humorous. It is like being a psycho scientist who merges a washing machine with a microwave just for the fun of it.

Radium
Sep 25, 2003, 01:24 PM
If he didn't, I'm not sure if I would have noticed the impurity of my art like I did.
I don't mean to sound offensive, but when someone uses the word "impurity", I see that as a trigger not to let them use my airplane.

Hare
Sep 25, 2003, 01:32 PM
Oh, Nobody, I can tell you the URL, but it isn't some sort of magical land of Christian love. A lot of times people will come in to cause trouble. However, I did enjoy the fellowship with other christians while arguments about evolution and logic were going on, and in that fellowship is where I fealt like I was at home. When I first entered there, I fealt I had to get into the arguments too, but I decided to just accept that I can't explain or know everything, and hang out with the other christians. :)

I did get into a conversation about evolution later on, but I did that because it was interesting, instead of thinking I had to do it to defend my faith. Discussing evolution is kind of fun. :) It is like a game of logic.

Here's the URL :)
http://www.churchusa.com/chat.shtml

If you want to know who I am over there, it is pretty easy, I'm always Hare wherever I go. Either Hare or Purrhead.

Hare
Sep 25, 2003, 01:39 PM
I don't mean to sound offensive, but when someone uses the word "impurity", I see that as a trigger not to let them use my airplane.

Okay, okay, you got me. I was going to hyjac a plane and crash it into the microsoft server farm... Kill joy :P

Omisabba! Destroy the corporate devil! Ooomibobbasabba-da!

And I feel I have to explain that I was joking. Someone out there will probably think that was actually serious. :rolleyes:

Radium
Sep 25, 2003, 01:57 PM
I decided to just accept that I can't explain or know everything
I have to dissagree with this point. Mankind's refusal to accept we don't know things is what has seperated us from all other species on the planet. The only way we can learn is by discovering what we don't know. =P

Impurity... that confuses me as much as it scares me. In my opinion, evil and unholy are completly different terms. I have a friend who is, by all definitions, the complete definition of evil. From the deep voice and (quite well written) plans of universal conquest to the scar across one eye, he's steriotype evil. But I wouldn't call him unholy. Just a tad evil.

My religion has ten rules. By any of them, I fail to see the "imipurities" of which you speak.

Strato
Sep 25, 2003, 02:02 PM
This pic reminds me of my artwork in the 8th grade. I would draw beutiful characters with the entire focus on the smallest details, and they lacked any and all sexual messages. That was how it whent until I started visiting Noog's site. My character developement lost a huge amount of innocence and I was under the false impression that I has improved. I'm not saying I didn't improve, in fact Noogy greatly increased my skills. I just began to lose my once supreme skills in characters and detail work. This eventually in turn lead to my realization about 4 or 5 weeks ago that I really hated my art now. I whent into a period of depression which in turn made my go back to regaining innocence and character developments. I can't say it's been easy, but upon seeing Hare's turn around I have recived initiative to draw humans again and furry art will focus on other aspects of the character than it's sexiness. I'm glad I'm finally changing like this.

So ends my own rant which was incured by myself. Like I said I cause rants when I'm a critic and I decided to look at my own art...and the result was that.

Radium
Sep 25, 2003, 02:09 PM
<s>You're banned from my airplane too. Just because of the depression thing.</s>

Strato
Sep 25, 2003, 02:10 PM
I don't wanna ride the Radplane.

Radium
Sep 25, 2003, 02:30 PM
You missed my point. Five paragraphs of text should not be able to cause depression. If it can, your mind is too easily infulenced <s>and prone to my hypnotic tourture! Yes! YES! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!</s>

Strato
Sep 25, 2003, 02:32 PM
Where did these mysterious 5 paragraphs of depression come from?

Radium
Sep 25, 2003, 02:34 PM
I was refering to Hare's rant.

Strato
Sep 25, 2003, 02:35 PM
??? I was depressed a long time before I read this.

Radium
Sep 25, 2003, 02:46 PM
Both of us are making such an obscurely low degree of sense I'll shut up now.

Blackraptor
Sep 25, 2003, 04:19 PM
Wow, spiffular job, hare. I really like the detail and her expression and position, Great work!

Kaz
Sep 25, 2003, 04:44 PM
Do not forget to censor those gross statues in Rome or nuder everybody you see in the name of holyness. Afterall, if your art was considered impure, think of all that other sick and disgusting art out there.

Sorry, huge disagreements with what you stand for now. However it's still a good sketch, but I hate you now.

Radium
Sep 25, 2003, 04:51 PM
Do not forget to censor those gross statues in Rome or nuder everybody you see in the name of holyness. Afterall, if your art was considered impure, think of all that other sick and disgusting art out there.

Sorry, huge disagreements with what you stand for now. However it's still a good sketch, but I hate you now.
Actually, I was waiting for somebody to say that so I could agree.

Captain Spam
Sep 25, 2003, 05:16 PM
If he didn't, I'm not sure if I would have noticed the impurity of my art like I did.

I've always been very convinced that 'impure' is fairly relative. And a kinda loaded word. Dunno why.

Oh, and this peice was drawn without construction. I do not know why it is this way, but if I draw a character without construction, I draw the seperet parts of the character with a higher quality. I guess the feeling of not having to conform makes me more relaxed and I put more attention into detail. It is purely psychological, I believe. If I fealt as free with consruction, I bet I could do something just as good. This was nice, I fealt like I was carving out a figure... Hmm... Maybe that is it. Yeah, it makes a lot of sense. Ok, now I understand... Drawing this image was like carving out a figure, but when I draw with construction, I feel forced to draw within certain bounds. I don't understand how to use those bounds well, so that explains the difference in quality. In other words, I don't know how to use construction well. LOL :lol:

Meself, I almost never draw with 'standard' construction methods. I generally draw things piece-by-piece. I say it helps keep each individual piece with more detail, as you can generally concentrate on one part at a time, only worrying about how it directly links to other pieces. Also makes for a curious look at times. And, like you said, it gives you fewer bounds to draw in, being able to break from conventional construction shapes.

Never got the hang of construction, really... :-)

When making this peice, I was trying to capture a good merge of beauty and cute. Which is one of the reasons furry art is so nice as a form of entertainment. It is kind of like a cellphone PDA. It is a PDA, it is a cellphone, it is a bit of both. ^_^ I mean, I could decide to draw a beautiful lady, or a cute critter... Or I could just do a bit of both. I find that humorous. It is like being a psycho scientist who merges a washing machine with a microwave just for the fun of it.

Dunno, given I seem to hang out in mixed company, anthropomorphic subjects are just another class of drawing subject to me. I have the ability to see things in a cold, objective way like that. :-)

Anyhoo, about the pic itself... I like it, really. I've always liked pics that can make someone look cute or whatnot AND still have all their clothes on. Trickier.

Batty Buddy
Sep 25, 2003, 08:00 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Never got the hang of construction, really... :-)

Same here. As for me, Eyes, nose, head, ears, arms, body, legs is the order in which I do everthing(With some slight exceptions...)

Strato
Sep 25, 2003, 08:06 PM
Scary, thats my same order and still without the construction.

Captain Spam
Sep 25, 2003, 09:08 PM
Well, I go in a different order depending on which style I'm doing... but for <a href="http://dementia.keenspace.com">my comic</a>, it's topmost head covering (hat, etc, if any), hair (if any), face shape, arms, body, neck, hands, pants/skirt/etc, shoes.

Hare
Sep 25, 2003, 10:53 PM
<s>You're banned from my airplane too. Just because of the depression thing.</s>

Radium is thinking, "I'll be using this plane for my own acts of terrorism, thank you very much. Alah the great will give me 12 virgin cammels! Osamasamma!Ubidebasasmmasa-bin-ladden-osamma-samma!!!"

Radium
Sep 26, 2003, 02:48 AM
Er... no.

I think if you hit something with a four seat plane you go to hell for just not trying hard enough.

Hare
Sep 26, 2003, 04:47 AM
Wow, so you actually have a plane?

Thats pretty cool. :)

Fawriel
Sep 26, 2003, 08:33 AM
I hate it to agree with Rad. I sincerely hate it.

But yes, impure and bad are not the same.
I'm impure myself, but I'm - contrary to popular belief - not evil. =P

There's a difference between nude to slightly nude art and "come take me, cuty" art.

Radium
Sep 26, 2003, 11:51 AM
I hate it to agree with Faw. I sincerely hate it.

Technically, my dad owns a plane. It's illegal to pilot a motorized aircraft until you're 18. I may try for a sailplaneing liscense, though... it would be the worst thing to happen until I get my driver's liscense }>

Kaz
Sep 26, 2003, 03:37 PM
Not to mention clothes require less skill than acutal bodies >.>... most of the time anyways.

Radium
Sep 26, 2003, 03:46 PM
Not to mention clothes require less skill than acutal bodies >.>... most of the time anyways.
Actually, drawing realistic looking fabric annoys me.

Derby: Abused content removal.

Captain Spam
Sep 26, 2003, 05:09 PM
Yeah, it takes a LOT of skill to draw a good set of clothes on someone (or a bad set of clothes, but drawn well). I mean, really, if you draw one body, you've drawn them all of that gender. They do tend to follow a distinct pattern. With clothes, you've gotta keep creating new outfits and such.

Radium
Sep 26, 2003, 05:42 PM
Creating outfits is the easy part. Getting folds that look more "natural" than like a bad ironing job takes skill. There's actually a nice tutorial (http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/tutorial/clothingmain.html) on clothing on the internet. I'm too ignorant to read all three pages of it, though.

Strato
Sep 26, 2003, 08:57 PM
You are also too ignorant to use the correct too.

Radium
Sep 27, 2003, 06:10 AM
You are also too ignorant to use the correct too.
I got a new graphics card and my keyboard's repeat time settings got reset. <Beat THAT excuse.>

Fawriel
Sep 27, 2003, 10:55 AM
I do think clothes are easier... I'm pretty good at getting the folds right, I think.
Human bodies are very hard if you want to get into details with muscles and everything.