PDA

View Full Version : Rub-a-dub-dub: BRING ON THE GRUB!!!!

Batty Buddy
Sep 25, 2003, 08:42 PM
Que Passa!!!!

"Hey, Bob, how would you like to CREATE FOOD?"
"CREATE... FOOD?!?!?"
"I don't think I've ever seen that expression on his face..."
"I don't think I've ever seen ANY expression on his face..."
-Conversation
Joe the Circle

Both a picture and an annoucement:
http://www.deviantart.com/view/3186544/

Starting this Monday, I start learning how to dish out swill. /\:cool:/\

The thing is, I've signed up with a program called fairstart, which teaches disabled and homeless people to cook and serve food in an attempt to earn job training, and hopefully a career. I've kind of kept it secret, but I have had an interest in food preporation since highschool, and... well- wish me luck! /\:D/\

Oh, and in case anyones wondering about the outlines: I was trying to do that technique some cartoonist use(I think it's been done on Fairly Oddparents for example) of having the outline a slightly darker shade of the colors it's outlineing. I need more practice, but it's a start.

Strato
Sep 25, 2003, 08:58 PM
Batties town will now be prone to frequent explosions.

Heh, I like that style of outlining, even though it kinda defies tradition. A bit late for me to type a non spam filled critiness and I may incur a rant, so yay!

Batty Buddy
Sep 25, 2003, 09:09 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Batties town will now be prone to frequent explosions.

Geeze, SOMEONE spouting my own jokes and I haven't even said them yet!
/\:lol:/\

"...Kitchen Le Flambe"
-Mat
Snooze and Mat

Hare
Sep 25, 2003, 10:49 PM
ROTFL!

I really liked that image, Batty. And I'm glad you are doing something in a field that interests you, and helps less fortuate people at the same time :). So when does the training take place? I'll need to pack my wooden spoon, the one I didn't stick up my nose. :7

Fawriel
Sep 26, 2003, 08:40 AM
Hey, cool piccy, I think you've even improved on your own style.. =D

And, go you! =D
Batty will be one of the famous cooks in history!
Like...

...like...

Sanji!

..and.... Jacky Chan! ..well.. he WAS a cook somewhere.. uh...

...and..................... Ronald McDonald? No?

Captain Spam
Sep 26, 2003, 11:02 AM
What? And here I thought you were going to make a grubworm into a character. Aww... :-)

Ooo, colored outlines. I like, I like. Unlike Infinite Spaz, I like drawings that defy tradition a bit. Nice.

Batty Buddy
Sep 26, 2003, 11:22 AM
Que Passa!!!!

ROTFL!

I really liked that image, Batty. And I'm glad you are doing something in a field that interests you, and helps less fortuate people at the same time :). So when does the training take place? I'll need to pack my wooden spoon, the one I didn't stick up my nose. :7

The training goes on Monday through Friday(I'm planning on part time work on weekends to keep my comic book fix fed.) and goes on for 16 weeks. After I graduate, my odd of getting a job in the food buisness supposedly have an 80% chance of going up. (I hope I can get something in chocolatemaking- ME LOVE MAKING TRUFFLES.)

Hey, cool piccy, I think you've even improved on your own style.. =D

And, go you! =D
Batty will be one of the famous cooks in history!
Like...

...like...

Sanji!

..and.... Jacky Chan! ..well.. he WAS a cook somewhere.. uh...

...and..................... Ronald McDonald? No?

BAM!

What? And here I thought you were going to make a grubworm into a character. Aww... :-)

Well, I DID make a cartoon character who's a leech...(It's Sue's pet.)

Fawriel
Sep 26, 2003, 11:33 AM
BAM!

..what?

Hare
Sep 26, 2003, 07:15 PM
There's a chef that says BAM! whenever he adds an ingredient. He's pretty popular, at least here in the USA, anyways. I don't know about other countrys.

Is that who Sanji is?

Fawriel
Sep 27, 2003, 11:02 AM
Noo, Sanji is a character from One Piece, my fave anime. He has the strongest kicks of all time, but acts unbeatably foolish in front of pretty ladies. =3

And thanks for explaining. ^^

Captain Spam
Sep 27, 2003, 12:10 PM
The name you're lookinng for in this case would be "Emiril". :-)