PDA

View Full Version : Toca sticks up for her self... sorta, kinda, anyways.

Hare
Sep 25, 2003, 10:31 PM
I made the pose according to how I used to be when I was more insecure than I am now. I decided to make an image of a reaction to being teased. Once agian, Toca is the subject.

http://purrhead.thj.no/Sketch/toca_sticking_up.png

Sun Fun Dude
Sep 26, 2003, 01:30 AM
Good, but I'm not sure that reaction would work in real life...

Hare
Sep 26, 2003, 04:53 AM
Hmm... Yeah, it is a mix between low self esteem and sticking up for one's self. I tried to put a bit more stern-ness into the image expression and pose... But I guess I forgot I was trying to put a tad bit of stern-ness in, early on in the drawing.

Actually what I wanted to capture was a look of being hurt, but also a bit of dignity. A tad bit of strength in the eyes... But it didn't turn out like that.

Fawriel
Sep 26, 2003, 08:23 AM
It looks very good.. the expression is well done, but yes, I don't really see strength in her eyes.. she looks totally intimidated and helpless.
Also, it seems to me the words she says somehow.. don't fit with the way she looks like.. hm.

Hare
Sep 26, 2003, 06:31 PM
The way the body is shaped is something I've got down relatively well. Now the face... The face is something else. There's all kinds of new stuff I'll be learning on that. Like the way the eyes look... I have to take into consideration the way the brow works, and the way the eyelids work, and ... stuff. The eyes are very complicated and can take all kinds of shapes. Then there's other facial features, too.

Yeah, she's saying one thing, and her body language is saying another.... But doesn't she have the cutest lil' muzzle though? ^_^ Yeah, that comment came out of nowhere, but just look at it!

Radium
Sep 26, 2003, 06:50 PM
I actually don't like this one very much. I have trouble picturing her saying that phrase or at least connecting it to the expression. And I feel unable to find any meaning or purpouse to it. Or maybe I'm just a semi-emotionless freak who is unable to understand such <s> irrelevent human emotions that WILL BE ONLY AID ME IN YOUR DOWNFALL! FEAR MY WRATH, PLANET EARTH!!!!</s> things.