PDA

View Full Version : Reeee.....sur.....rectiooooon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Fawriel
Sep 27, 2003, 11:27 AM
*dun-dun-DUUUUUN*

I'm back into drawing! Whoohoo!
And just because of this, I'll show you something that isn't even very good. But it's my first piccy in ages, so bear with it! :p

A-hem..

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know you missed me. Your looks of disgust can't fool me. ^_~
Alright, I know I haven't been around for a LONG time.. and I haven't commented on anything, either...
Y'see, I just don't feel like doing anything like that without my comp in my own room.. it sucks. XP
But, if you really want me to comment on your piccies, just tell me, and I'll be glad to check out what I missed. ^^
I'll also try to draw more again... I found out I've either really rusted or I have great problems with faces.. *shrugs*

---And to all you who are waiting for piccies, I WILL get them done.. just give me some time to get back into art, PUH-LEASE! ^^;;;---

Okay, and now to the piccy.
Those are two soldiers of Yumaldeus' and a genetically manipulated dragon monster.
The Wache is Faw's second ever encounter with an enemy.
Their strength is about... Level 2 in FF measurement or Battle Power 10 in DBZ. Yah.
The Klasse 2 soldier is quite the tough guy and appears a little later... his weapon is sort of a metal jojo.. hey, it looks odd, but you can seriously destroy people with that thing.. :O_o:
His power is about Level 5 in FF measurement or Battle Power 20 in DBZ. Or something.
The Siegfried.. I dunno. It looks stronger than a Klasse 2 soldier even. :O_o: I'll think about that..

Anyways, whee yay!
http://images.deviantart.com/i/2003/39/b/1/Not_much___but___YAY_IM_BACK.png

I know you're all drooling over my sexy Siegfried. Rarr.

EDIT: Hrm... this doesn't work... >_>

Just go here.. (http://www.deviantart.com/view/3203055/)

Radium
Sep 27, 2003, 11:32 AM
Post it on Noogy's forum so I can use big words and sound smart in front of people who can agree with me.

Fawriel
Sep 27, 2003, 11:46 AM
(add some smart-sounding and insulting reply here)

Radium
Sep 27, 2003, 12:04 PM
'Take it that's a no.

First off, you should start using construction when drawing, starting off with basic geometric shapes. If you already are, then you should be doing a better job of it. Second, they're kind of completly umproportional. Both their arms are too long and hands are too large, the red one's legs are too short, blue one has a very screwy perspective job on his leg, and the one with the Yo-yo has his neck coming out of the back of his shoulders. It's important to remember that the average torso it about three times the hieght of the hips tall, the elbows are about at the top of the hips, hands are right below the crotch, and legs are about 1.5 to 2 times the length of the torso. I can prove he is unproportional because I can lick my knee and he can't. Yes, I've actually tried. And the folds in the cloth are a bit overdone to the point of a bad ironing job. The green thing on the right's eyes seem offset from it's head. I see a construction line behind it, but it seems that you ignored it. As usual, the lines on the muscles are too sharp. And it's muscles are all wierd and in irrelevant places at irrelevant angles and irrelevant is a fun word. And stuff.

Please stop <i>trying</i> to draw evil mutated things. It's like talking like an AOLer before a spelling bee.

Fawriel
Sep 27, 2003, 12:13 PM
Somehow, it's hard to believe your criticism as I used a proportional doll to check the proportions.
I'm gonna check those proportions on myself when I feel like it.

And.. really, just shut it. I draw what I want to draw. I don't give a (yadda yadda) about what you think of my monsters. (yadda yadda)

Radium
Sep 27, 2003, 12:20 PM
Let's read DeviantArt's helpful critisization:

<i>Yay! Welcome back. ^^ Nice sketches! I love the differetn colors on the lines, very eyecataching!

Whee! Th' Faw finally uploaded something. [XD] those look very cool. ^^ I like the Siegfried one. o-o

Yay Faw Faw's backies! ^__^ It's about time you uploaded some art! XP Great job! ^_^V

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW. *clings to your leg*

Oh crap, you rule at drawing clothes. The Sarry envies you.

SIEGFRIED IS CUTE. [:heart:]</i>

Is it apparent yet why any artist who has an intrest in improving should loathe that wretched corner of the internet?

Fawriel
Sep 27, 2003, 12:24 PM
So what? If they don't have criticism, they won't give any.
Contrary to what you might think, you are not the only frikkin person in this world. Everybody acts differently.

Strato
Sep 27, 2003, 01:39 PM
Rad and Faw In a flame war! I never would have expected, You've always been such friends before.

Fawriel
Sep 27, 2003, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I agree, that picture is so expressive. I knew you'd love it.

Batty Buddy
Sep 27, 2003, 01:52 PM
Que Passa!!!!

(Sung to the tune of "Horay for Hollywood")
Ho-ray for Pic-col-o
That nutty artist known as Pic-col-o
He took a break but now he's back on at it
We though he'd had it
But now he back and he's cool...

Fawriel
Sep 27, 2003, 01:55 PM
Alright alright, thank you, thank you.

But now... any comments about the picture? XD;;

Btw, I checked the anatomy. The Klasse 3 upper arms are a tad long. The rest is good. D'oh.

Radium
Sep 27, 2003, 02:03 PM
The rest is good.
Can you touch your knee while standing up perfectly straight? The guy on the left seems to be able to.

So what? If they don't have criticism, they won't give any.
I think the real problem is that they <i>never</i> seem to have any critisizim.

Standard template for Deviant critisizim:

"I" + random love verb + "the" + random part of picture + random unfairly high abount + "ur awesome at" + random activity.

Batty Buddy
Sep 27, 2003, 02:04 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Alright alright, thank you, thank you.

But now... any comments about the picture? XD;;

Btw, I checked the anatomy. The Klasse 3 upper arms are a tad long. The rest is good. D'oh.

Yeah- the Siegfrieds pose reminds me of my late cat when she came in contact with one of those laser pointer beams.

/\:lol:/\

You're definatly improving.

Radium
Sep 27, 2003, 04:45 PM
I have created a program which will eliminate the need of Deviantart. Simply press the title and watch it amazingly calculate and display professional deviant-quality criticism at any time you wish.

http://www.foxmage.com/Deviant.exe

No need for that <i>old</i> deviantplace now, is there?

Strato
Sep 27, 2003, 04:58 PM
Yay, I like the part Rad made fun of! =0

Radium
Sep 27, 2003, 05:00 PM
Great job, I absolutely LOVE the color! XD

Fawriel
Sep 27, 2003, 05:26 PM
Can you touch your knee while standing up perfectly straight? The guy on the left seems to be able to.
I actually have bothered to check this one.. and...

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAASDAASDADSADSA!!!!!!!!!!
You. Are. So. .......seriously. XD

Have you noticed that this guy on the left's left leg is in the BACKGROUND and the right one is in the FOREGROUND?

One great critic you are! XD

Radium
Sep 27, 2003, 05:31 PM
Have you noticed that this guy on the left's left leg is in the BACKGROUND and the right one is in the FOREGROUND?
I never had a problem with the left guy's legs, I was complaining about his arms. And if you dislike my logical criticizm just download my Devprogram.

Fawriel
Sep 27, 2003, 05:35 PM
His arms do NOT reach to his knees, that's what I meant. (Jar o' jelly )

Radium
Sep 27, 2003, 05:37 PM
In the wise words of Deviant.exe: Omb I can't get enough of the body shape! =0

Strato
Sep 27, 2003, 06:04 PM
Disagrees with rad.

Hare
Sep 27, 2003, 08:15 PM
LOL, I like that program, Rad. Immature novelties are always kind of fun :)

Oh, and since Piccolo isn't listening about how he miscalculated on his arms...

http://purrhead.thj.no/Art_tutorials/toca_arm_technique_chart.PNG

See? You'll notice these things if you take the time to check your own proportions. I can assume my bones are very similars to others, so I check the way my bones and stuff measure to the other parts of the body. Your character's arms almost reach their knees.

But if you would rather keep the arms the way they are, I'm not stoping you. Its just not realistic is all.

Oh, and on the image, I made a bit of the outline of the rib cage visible. The part she mesuring with her finger is the part where the middle of the rib cage reaches it's bottom.

Oh, and any immature comments about Toca in a bikini, and I'll remove the image.

Radium
Sep 27, 2003, 08:25 PM
Just watch, I bet Faw listens to <i>you</i>. If I ever REALLY have to get a message to Faw, I'll use my alternative "Rad's Left Hand" account.

And yes, that program seems to be far too much fun than one is meant to have with one line of code. Plus a few irrelevent ones.
Random exclamation + "I" + random synonym for "love" + "the" + random part of picture + random end punctuation and smiley.

Strato
Sep 27, 2003, 08:25 PM
I never studied, never took an art class, never did anything really, but I'm amazed that I know all these things by common sense while everybody else makes dumb mistakes.

Hare
Sep 27, 2003, 08:52 PM
Just watch, I bet Faw listens to <i>you</i>.

Yeah, he didn't seem to be listening, that is why I used Toca as the instructor. :P

Oh, and I know there's a few problems, like the hands are different sizes, and -her- right hand is poorly drawn. But my main focus was on the locations of the joints and stuff.

That aside, I think the clothes have a cool design. And the lizard dragon thing is gross looking, but it is supposed to look dangerous so that is a good thing.

The images are certainly going in the right direction, and as you gain experience, you'll draw them better. In all that criticism about what is wrong with the image, I feel you should also hear what I think is right.

Oh, and mabye if you listen to this MIDI while you look at the images, it can help see some nice potential...

http://www.fishermansnet.com/midi/NSO2/ccm/stryper_ingodwetrust.mid

I dunno, that music file compliments the character design. Kinda an RPG battle sounding file.

Kaz
Sep 27, 2003, 10:21 PM
'Take it that's a no.

First off, you should start using construction when drawing, starting off with basic geometric shapes.

Different styles. Not all require shapes or at least will give you a cramp if you try to.

Second, they're kind of completly umproportional.

Spelling Error =O! Anyways, Faw just needs work on shading since you can't tell much difference in depth.

Both their arms are too long and hands are too large, the red one's legs are too short, blue one has a very screwy perspective job on his leg, and the one with the Yo-yo has his neck coming out of the back of his shoulders.

Leg and hands are fine, it's mostly the lower leg that lacks probably. The red one just needs more depth definition. The one with the yo-yo is probably just an illusion.

It's important to remember that the average torso it about three times the hieght of the hips tall, the elbows are about at the top of the hips, hands are right below the crotch, and legs are about 1.5 to 2 times the length of the torso. I can prove he is unproportional because I can lick my knee and he can't.

He probably could lick his knee.

Yes, I've actually tried. And the folds in the cloth are a bit overdone to the point of a bad ironing job.

Yes.

The green thing on the right's eyes seem offset from it's head. I see a construction line behind it, but it seems that you ignored it. As usual, the lines on the muscles are too sharp. And it's muscles are all wierd and in irrelevant places at irrelevant angles and irrelevant is a fun word.

Use it right will you (Faw, use the line, Rad, use the word correctly)?

Please stop <i>trying</i> to draw evil mutated things. It's like talking like an AOLer before a spelling bee.

Rad gives his personal advice to Faw.

At least we know who's silence means that it's all good. Radium, go somewhere else with your so-called-criticism. All of it is just negative things while you filter out the good things so you can appear superior. Good critics should find at least one good thing to say... otherwise you're just a jerk.

You also misspelled "completely."

Radium
Sep 28, 2003, 05:12 AM
Oh, and mabye if you listen to this MIDI while you look at the images, it can help see some nice potential...
http://www.fishermansnet.com/midi/NSO2/ccm/stryper_ingodwetrust.mid
I dunno, that music file compliments the character design. Kinda an RPG battle sounding file.
I prefer the snowy terrain music from Heroes of Might and Magic 4 for character design.

At least we know who's silence means that it's all good. Radium, go somewhere else with your so-called-criticism. All of it is just negative things while you filter out the good things so you can appear superior. Good critics should find at least one good thing to say... otherwise you're just a jerk.
I leave the good things up to DevArt. If someone's already hit all the points, there's no reason for me to repeat them, is there?

Skulg
Sep 28, 2003, 08:56 AM
Let's read DeviantArt's helpful critisization:

<i>(...)

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW. *clings to your leg*

Oh crap, you rule at drawing clothes. The Sarry envies you.

SIEGFRIED IS CUTE. [:heart:]</i>

I INDEED like the way he draws clothes. I freakin' SUCK at it.
Plus, Siegfried IS cute, in my HUMBLE opinon.

Anyway, I agree with Kaz. You shouldn't just look at the bad things.

Criticism is okay, but things like "If you already are, then you should be doing a better job of it" and "Please stop <i>trying</i> to draw evil mutated things. It's like talking like an AOLer before a spelling bee." are not necessary.

GuMmYBeAr!
Sep 28, 2003, 09:14 AM
Radium wants attention.

Radium
Sep 28, 2003, 09:17 AM
The only way one can improve is by recognizing their mistakes. Nowhere in that formula is there anything about pathetically dwelling on every thing the person did right. If we wanted that, we could also compliment him on using white paper or using a pencil. Pointing out every single error only helps one improve at a faster rate, and I simply prefer to be cruel about it.

And I can back up the spelling bee analogy with scientific studies.

Skulg
Sep 28, 2003, 09:20 AM
(...)and I simply prefer to be cruel about it.
That's exactly the problem.

Strato
Sep 28, 2003, 09:24 AM
Welcome to the real world

Radium
Sep 28, 2003, 09:30 AM
I accept and understand that Fawriel has much potential, but he is unable to pursue that given his state if mind and chosen surroundings. He is practically being lead to believe everything he does is flawless and can not be improved upon in any way. Though you may be the wretched creatures of which he acknowledges as his "friends", ask yourself this: which one of us is actually trying to HELP him?

Fawriel
Sep 28, 2003, 09:32 AM
Hm... hm..... hmmmmm?

...thanks fr the image, Hare.. but her upper arm.. it doesn't seem to be logn enough to reach her waist bone.... last time I checked, mine was able to... tsk.

But still, thanks, I'll see about it.

And I have NOT ignored the criticism f the arms, they really seem to be good to me.. well, except the left one's upper arm, i think.

*shrugs*

And Rad, telling me to stop trying to whatever is really pathetic.
You seem to have forgotten that drawing is not about "LOOK I HAVE SPENT ALL MY LIFE ON A 10x10 CM DRAWING THAT LOOKS PERFECTLY REALISTIC".. it's about fun. About venting emotion. Expressing yourself. Or just a hobby.
Heh, that's almost sad, dude.

And thank you, Sarry, Kaz and Gummy. And Hare, of course for his REAL criticism. ^^

Strato
Sep 28, 2003, 09:40 AM

On the Klasse 3 his right hand just looks kinda big. Actually very big. His fingers curve out and up which is impossible with the hand in that pose. On his left his thumb looks just plain odd. The body armor feels slightly distorted, but the clothing is superb.

There, I'm done being a critic. Now Rad is happy, Faw can improve, and I get flamed. Hooray!

Fawriel
Sep 28, 2003, 09:41 AM
I accept and understand that Fawriel has much potential, but he is unable to pursue that given his state if mind and chosen surroundings. He is practically being lead to believe everything he does is flawless and can not be improved upon in any way. Though you may be the wretched creatures of which he acknowledges as his "friends", ask yourself this: which one of us is actually trying to HELP him?
Oooh jesus.
What do you know about me?
NOTHING.
You know LESS than nothing about me.
I am very well aware of my imperfection, but til now, I have very well improved by myself.
And I should let some admin give you a serious warning for insulting my friends... if anyone here is wretched, it's you.

Fawriel
Sep 28, 2003, 09:42 AM
The hands are big because they are wearing giant gloves, if you haven't noticed.

Radium
Sep 28, 2003, 09:50 AM
And Hare, of course for his REAL criticism. ^^Re-reading this topic I notice that Hare said the exact same thing I said and complimented you the same number of times. If I somehow managed to post something under Hare's name, I have an odd feeling you would comply with it's every word.

And Rad, telling me to stop trying to whatever is really pathetic. You seem to have forgotten that drawing is not about "LOOK I HAVE SPENT ALL MY LIFE ON A 10x10 CM DRAWING THAT LOOKS PERFECTLY REALISTIC".. it's about fun. About venting emotion. Expressing yourself. Or just a hobby.
Heh, that's almost sad, dude.
The hands are big because they are wearing giant gloves, if you haven't noticed.
You are making up excuses; these are the same types of things you said on Noogy's forum, if I recall correctly. In the US we call that "covering your (tail)".

I am very well aware of my imperfection, but til now, I have very well improved by myself.
I mean this as a personal opinion, but I haven't seen you improve very much.

Fawriel
Sep 28, 2003, 10:09 AM
I could just as well reply to all of that with a "Hah!". But I don't have much better to do.

Hare really helped me because he pointed out a mistake and showed me how to make it right, and also pointed out what he thought was good.

Those aren't excuses. If you really think art is all about perfection, you shouldn't call yourself an artist.
And do you really think those guys have giant black hands with metal plates attached to them?

A-hem...

HAHAAHAAHAAAHAA!!!!
Yeah, that's all.

Kaz
Sep 28, 2003, 10:30 AM
Re-reading this topic I notice that Hare said the exact same thing I said and complimented you the same number of times.

Yeah, except it was a bit lighter on the negative insults. Oblivious Radium.

You are making up excuses; these are the same types of things you said on Noogy's forum, if I recall correctly. In the US we call that "covering your (tail)".

Probably... or it could just be something we call explaining.

I mean this as a personal opinion, but I haven't seen you improve very much.

A bit oblivious eh?

Weee! Oblivious is a fun word! *Hugs Radium becuase he's attention craving*

Strato
Sep 28, 2003, 12:17 PM
Attention Admins, please move this to comedy cafe.

Page claimarl.

Radium
Sep 28, 2003, 04:06 PM
@Kaz: Thanks, you have no idea how much it means.

@Infinite: Agreed.

If you really think art is all about perfection, you shouldn't call yourself an artist.
I'm a perfectionist for reasons beyond my control. However, you missed my point. My point is that you should accept criticism as help no matter how insulting and degrading it is, not go fleeing to a sickened place where people would give a ten out of ten to a piece of chewed gum.

Let's look at an analogy; a true one. And you better like it, because I had to surf the net for several hours to find this old stuff. Exactly one year ago, a fairly good artist drew a picture (http://www.side7.com/art/fawriel/Sorta_Braindead.jpg). Three thousand miles away, a very lousy artist one year younger also drew a picture (http://www.foxmage.com/Catgirl.gif) (please don't look, my old crap's so freaky). The better artist, having a comically fragile ego, associated with ultra-friendly Deviants and Side7ers who seem to be perfect replicas of my Deviant.exe. The lousy artist, having a strangely low understanding of the word "emotion", wandered off to Noogy's forum and once even met up with a professional anime artist in real life to endure painful criticism. One year later, what was once the better of the two artists had lived in his own world of perfection for so long and refused criticism (only learning anything new when it was accompanied with a picture of Toca in a bikini), his skill hadn't changed much (http://images.deviantart.com/i/2003/39/b/1/Not_much___but___YAY_IM_BACK.png). The other artist who had been given the opportunity to learn from his mistakes (http://www.foxmage.com/PwnMethod.gif) managed to improve at an insane rate and become better than the other artist who was older and initially better. Look how much the younger artist improved, and picture him in another year. Look how much the older one improved, picture him in another year. One of them lived happily ever after, the other was put under the delusion that he lived happily ever after, going to show that attitude and surroundings determine amount of improvement.

Kaz
Sep 28, 2003, 04:31 PM
@Kaz: Thanks, you have no idea how much it means.

@Infinite: Agreed.

I'm a perfectionist for reasons beyond my control. However, you missed my point. My point is that you should accept criticism as help no matter how insulting and degrading it is, not go fleeing to a sickened place where people would give a ten out of ten to a piece of chewed gum.

Let's look at an analogy; a true one. And you better like it, because I had to surf the net for several hours to find this old stuff. Exactly one year ago, a fairly good artist drew a picture (http://www.side7.com/art/fawriel/Sorta_Braindead.jpg). Three thousand miles away, a very lousy artist one year younger also drew a picture (http://www.foxmage.com/Catgirl.gif) (please don't look, my old crap's so freaky). The better artist, having a comically fragile ego, associated with ultra-friendly Deviants and Side7ers who seem to be perfect replicas of my Deviant.exe. The lousy artist, having a strangely low understanding of the word "emotion", wandered off to Noogy's forum and once even met up with a professional anime artist in real life to endure painful criticism. One year later, what was once the better of the two artists had lived in his own world of perfection for so long and refused criticism (only learning anything new when it was accompanied with a picture of Toca in a bikini), his skill hadn't changed much (http://images.deviantart.com/i/2003/39/b/1/Not_much___but___YAY_IM_BACK.png). The other artist who had been given the opportunity to learn from his mistakes (http://www.foxmage.com/PwnMethod.gif) managed to improve at an insane rate and become better than the other artist who was older and initially better. Look how much the younger artist improved, and picture him in another year. Look how much the older one improved, picture him in another year. One of them lived happily ever after, the other was put under the delusion that he lived happily ever after, going to show that attitude and surroundings determine amount of improvement.

I dunno, maybe it was beucase you didn't critique yourself.

But... yeah, stay away from Dev-Art. And try new things ;p.

Batty Buddy
Sep 28, 2003, 06:14 PM
Que Passa!!!!

You know, reading through Radiums little analogy, I find it kind of odd at how I myself changed over the course of three years. The thing is, I've always had a policy of having a standerd way of doing everything in my art, and purely out of personal neccesity and opinions on how this and that should look, I now have a definatly different style altogether then I did back when I desplayed my first picture(Jorwell) that you guys saw.(Heck, it was so subtle, it snuck up on me.)
/\:lol:/\

Strato
Sep 28, 2003, 07:14 PM
I myself greatly improved over a 2 week period. Dunno how that happened. But I'm too lazy to provide a link to any of my art in the first place soo...

Fawriel
Sep 29, 2003, 08:14 AM
Wow, nice analogy. Impressive what crap you can think up.

As I said, I do accept criticism, but if it sounds insulting, I won't accept it as criticism, but as insults.
Hare's criticism is a perfect "How to criticise"... I especially liked his because he UNDERSTOOD the picture.. he didn't just see shapes and colors (not that there were many to see), he saw what they were. I mean, he even posted music to go with the picture (which I am going to listen to now). Now THAT'S what I call good criticism.

@ Infinite: Funny, I haven't laughed one time in this thread.

EDIT: Oh yes.. and I found out what I've been doing wrong.
I always let my shoulders hang, that's why I thought upper arms reached down to the waist bone.. oops.

Radium
Sep 29, 2003, 12:32 PM
I do accept criticism, but if it sounds insulting, I won't accept it as criticism, but as insults.
My point is that you should accept criticism as help no matter how insulting and degrading it is, not go fleeing to a sickened place where people would give a ten out of ten to a piece of chewed gum.

Hare's criticism is a perfect "How to criticise".
only learning anything new when it was accompanied with a picture of Toca in a bikini

he even posted music to go with the picture
I prefer the snowy terrain music from Heroes of Might and Magic 4 for character design.

Now THAT'S what I call good criticism.
Hare said the exact same thing I said and complimented you the same number of times.

I thought upper arms reached down to the waist bone.. oops.
the elbows are about at the top of the hips,

Impressive what crap you can think up.
Impressive how well you prove me right.

Though you still have no valid argument against my wonderful unbeatable analogy that finally proves the superiority in my strategies.

Fawriel
Sep 30, 2003, 08:32 AM
Funny how you think any of those were any valid arguments.

Radium
Sep 30, 2003, 10:59 AM
Funny how you think any of those were any valid arguments.
I'm actually quite interested in which you found invalid. Please criticize.

Fawriel
Sep 30, 2003, 11:12 AM
I wonder what we're discussing about anyways-

And if I get a warning for this, whatever. May just as well leave, this community is really getting on my nerves lately... and not only you, Radifoo.

Derby: Abused content removal.

Radium
Sep 30, 2003, 11:16 AM
I wonder what we're discussing about anyways-
I was talking to you about how you refuse criticism and facts, instead fleeing to that happy-fun-place. You missed the point and proceeded to defend the happy-fun-place.
And if I get a warning for this, whatever. May just as well leave, this community is really getting on my nerves lately... and not only you, Radifoo.
Me and Xion, I presume. Even though he's gone temorarily... again.
Radifoo.
I'm more widely known as Chaos Hydra. Please make fun of that one.

Derby: Previous quotation edit.

Fawriel
Sep 30, 2003, 11:21 AM
Argument: You're wrong. You don't know anything. Your knowledge about me is -20%. Have a nice day unver whichever bridge you have to sleep under at night.

No. Xion was acceptable. I didn't care about what he says. Plus, he's temporarily banned.

Now shut it, Chaos Hydrant.

Radium
Sep 30, 2003, 11:25 AM
Now shut it, Chaos Hydrant.
*applause*

Argument: You're wrong. You don't know anything. Your knowledge about me is -20%.
What is this terrible secret of which I have no knowledge yet you use to defend yourself?

I'm actually the only person I know who uses the word "yet".

Fawriel
Sep 30, 2003, 11:30 AM
Thank you, thank you.

My terrible secret is, *GASP* I HAVE A SOUL! OMGOMOGMOGMOGMGOMGOMG TAHTS ILEGAL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/

Radium
Sep 30, 2003, 11:37 AM
I HAVE A SOUL!
Oh my bob, so do I. You're the worst Atheist I know.

Returning to my original point: what was the last time you went <i>seeking</i> professional criticism? There's plenty of artistic forums for that very purpouse, I just prefer Noogy's because it helped me a lot.

Fawriel
Sep 30, 2003, 11:43 AM
I'm not exactly an atheist anyways.
And you don't have a soul. Cos I say so. That's as intelligent as your accuses.

Last time I was seeking professional criticism was... dunno. I usually ask myself for it.

And if you really think this picture is all I can do, you're so incredibly wrong it hurts.
I'll show you with the piture I'm going to submit to the national manga talent competition...

Radium
Sep 30, 2003, 11:54 AM
I'm not exactly an atheist anyways.
And you don't have a soul. Cos I say so. That's as intelligent as your accuses.
I'd quote some famous book here, but you've probably never read it.
Last time I was seeking professional criticism was... dunno. I usually ask myself for it.
You asking yourself for professional criticism is like me asking myself how to be nice.
And if you really think this picture is all I can do, you're so incredibly wrong it hurts. I'll show you with the piture I'm going to submit to the national manga talent competition...
You've been saying that for over a year.

Heh, I remember when you posted that thing at Noogy's forum. Someone explained why they didn't like it, you complained about "improfessional criticism" and were never seen again.<ha ha ha ha>

Fawriel
Sep 30, 2003, 12:07 PM
It sounded insulting. Well, EXCUSE ME that I'm not capable of disabling my feelings like YOU.
I was more expecting some guidelines like Hare posted them, some real help I can use for my pictures, not "that and that sucks.".

Radium
Sep 30, 2003, 12:17 PM
It sounded insulting. Well, EXCUSE ME that I'm not capable of disabling my feelings like YOU.
I AM SO COOLLLL!!! *cough* in a intelligent, scholarly way.
I was more expecting some guidelines like Hare posted them, some real help I can use for my pictures, not "that and that sucks.".

Well, yes. They usually help a but more than that. But you have to admit, someone can just say something like "the hand looks bad". They'd only have to say "a real hand looks like this" if you replied "omb iv never seen a hand b4!!!!11" to the previous statement.

Why not post this picture there? You already have an account there, and it's not exactly a "post something, get a reply three minutes later" place, since they don't have worthless people like me who sit at a forum 24/7.

Strato
Sep 30, 2003, 02:58 PM
Ok, now this has become outright retarded. Seriously, you should argue over pms.

Radium
Sep 30, 2003, 03:18 PM
I just tried, Faw's inbox is full. Did you know he has a livejournal? I was going to make fun of him for it, but I can't find a method to contact him.

Strato
Sep 30, 2003, 03:28 PM
You could always get a instant messanger service.

Radium
Sep 30, 2003, 03:31 PM
Never touched one. Don't plan to. Demonic things, or so I hear from my also-equally-paranoid-and-insane friends. Well, I guess they aren't friends.

Fawriel
Oct 1, 2003, 08:27 AM
Hello, Rad. No. Bye, Rad.

Hare
Oct 1, 2003, 02:26 PM
That is it!

Derby is the one I always hear about, being the one who always makes those "personal attack" edits, but all he did here was edit some bad words or maybe some overly nasty speaking.

Radium (is being mean) to Faw here, and I don't think faw appreciates it. Sure we all laughed at the previous engagements, but I don't find this one funny. Comedy cafe? This is the type of discussion that is usually closed by a moderator because it got out of hand. But the moderator isn't doing their job. And it isn't all the moderator's fault. Radium and Faw, just let it go.

Derby: Flame tag replacement.

Radium
Oct 1, 2003, 02:30 PM
Radium is (being mean) to Faw here, and I don't think faw appreciates it. Sure we all laughed at the previous engagements, but I don't find this one funny. Comedy cafe? This is the type of discussion that is usually closed by a moderator because it got out of hand. But the moderator isn't doing their job. And it isn't all the moderator's fault. Radium and Faw, just let it go.
Er, yeah; guess I am getting carried away. It's just that nothing annoys me more than people that refuse to listen to reason... *goes to annoy Xion*
Seriously, you should argue over pms.
This is the first time I've ever seen capitalization change the meaning of a sentence.

Derby: Previous quotation edit.

Hare
Oct 1, 2003, 02:34 PM
Oh! He said you guys should argue over PMs? LOL, I thought he was talking about feminine issues. :roll:

Kaz
Oct 1, 2003, 02:48 PM
Unfortunately, while Radium's criticism is professional, most of it is just the crap he likes to give people =\. Probably the ratio: 8:1 ratio of crap to decency.

Also, Radium, get some other life than giving Faw crap... it's like your life has been devoted to paying a special attention to him and while that's accepted around here, it's not legal in the US.

Radium
Oct 1, 2003, 02:58 PM
Unfortunately, while Radium's criticism is professional, most of it is just the crap he likes to give people =\. Probably the ratio: 8:1 ratio of crap to decency
Pfft. Maybe 1:4.

Also, Radium, get some other life than giving Faw crap...
I have plenty of life. People just tend not to notice.

Derby
Oct 1, 2003, 03:50 PM
From this point on, further debating on the off-topic topic will result in certain warnings for violations. Do not refer to it, anymore.

Radium
Oct 1, 2003, 04:13 PM
I notice a few thing I don't think've been hit yet: I can see the construction for the arms, and they seem a bit thin for figures that muscular. Try looking at how thin your own arms are in comparison to your torso. Their helmets also seem not to have space for their ears or chin. And this is all on topic, nice, and useful. Hello Derby.

Kaz
Oct 1, 2003, 05:52 PM
I notice a few thing I don't think've been hit yet: I can see the construction for the arms, and they seem a bit thin for figures that muscular. Try looking at how thin your own arms are in comparison to your torso. Their helmets also seem not to have space for their ears or chin. And this is all on topic, nice, and useful. Hello Derby.

Actually, this whle thing sort of hides behind armor as a shield to proportions. So it could be the torso instead and we can't really say it is so since we don't have x-ray options on here.

Stijn
Oct 2, 2003, 04:12 AM
Hey lets say you both suck and stop arguing since no one will ever agree to the other.

Coppertop
Oct 2, 2003, 06:00 AM
Be nice to Faw.

I'm not criticizing anything because Faw's the only one who knows what he intended to draw. While it might not have perfect proportions (look at Picasso's stuff, sells for millions) it's a lot better than some artists that I know IRL can do.

BTW, I like your <s>sexy</s> Siegfried. ;-)

Fawriel
Oct 2, 2003, 08:29 AM
SIEGFRIED IS A TPOMODEL!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111+D

Well, hm.. you may be righ with the thin arms. Or maybe not.. maybe I've been watching too many animes.. I'll check that next time I get to stand... up.
...what? It's so warm and cozy here....

And thanks, everyone. ^^

Radium
Oct 2, 2003, 12:14 PM
Hey lets say you both suck and stop arguing since no one will ever agree to the other. We aren't arguing. Plz read topic thx.
look at Picasso's stuff, sells for millions
Actually, I don't believe any of Picasso's work sold until after his death.

Batty Buddy
Oct 2, 2003, 12:35 PM
Que Passa!!!!

I think some of it did... Just not for as much.
(I believe Picasso died sometime around the late 60's, early 70's)

Coppertop
Oct 3, 2003, 08:16 AM

True. Your point? :p