PDA

View Full Version : Ok, it's not quite October, but this should tide us over...

Batty Buddy
Sep 27, 2003, 02:13 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Yeah, it's close to October: The month in which I draw cool monsters and Halloween costumes... But heck, according to places like Wallmart and such, October is ALREADY HERE!!! (Course, there's nothing in september except school starting...), anyway this is an idea I've experimented with for a while:
http://www.deviantart.com/view/3186930/
Have you ever wondered how a cartoon character would look like as a real animal/person? Well, Ms. Leleb gives it a shot with a new costume.

Please note, technically Ms. Leleb is a tent bat, but in the picture she looks a bit more like a flying fox... Like I said in the description, she looks a LOT like Paquida the bat from the Sierra adventure game: Ecoquest 2: Lost secret of the rainforest...

Radium
Sep 27, 2003, 03:50 PM
I'm sure it would scare the other cartoon characters =P.

'Couse, there's the point where "scary enough to get more candy" becomes "scary enough that the person will break out a baseball bat and beat you to the ground while muttering black magic curse repellents".

Fawriel
Sep 27, 2003, 05:30 PM
Commented where Rad won't dare to go.

Radium
Sep 27, 2003, 05:35 PM
Commented where Rad won't dare to go.
Who said I never went there? If I never went there, how'd I make fun of you for joining the mindless ranks of all the useless DevPeople?

Fawriel
Sep 27, 2003, 05:50 PM
Isn't your Netscape being a good boy and not letting you go there?

Radium
Sep 27, 2003, 05:51 PM
Isn't your Netscape being a good boy and not letting you go there?
Netscape has about a 80% survival rate when at Devart. That's in my favor.

Hare
Sep 27, 2003, 08:28 PM
... I guess the other people thinks she looks scary like that, but I think she looks cute. She's just having a bad hair day is all.

Anamals always look cute... except for babboons and other assorted butt monkeys.

Batty Buddy
Sep 27, 2003, 08:45 PM
Que Passa!!!!

... I guess the other people thinks she looks scary like that, but I think she looks cute. She's just having a bad hair day is all.

Anamals always look cute... except for babboons and other assorted butt monkeys.

I.R. not like Hare... Him just little ant... PINCH!!!

/\:lol:/\ Sorry: couldn't resist.

(Oh, and about the bad hair day, actually thats kind of how I imagined Ms. Lelebs hair looking the whole time: It's supposed to look like a girl I once knew in elementary school... Except, over the years it got combined with a sort of "Magica DeSpell look", and I smoothed it over to make it easier to draw.)

Radium
Sep 28, 2003, 05:04 AM
... I guess the other people thinks she looks scary like that, but I think she looks cute. She's just having a bad hair day is all. I never said she looked scary, I said she would look scary to the other cartoon characters. Reverse the situations, what would you do if a cel-shaded person with a big head walked up to YOUR door?

Strato
Sep 28, 2003, 06:57 AM
I wish the whole world were cel shaded.

Batty Buddy
Sep 28, 2003, 05:47 PM
Que Passa!!!!

I wish the whole world were cel shaded.
/\:D/\

Hare
Sep 29, 2003, 10:32 PM
The technology for cell shading glasses could be available soon if not now. Just nobody is making them... probably because they'd cost a fortune to make.

Radium
Sep 30, 2003, 02:44 AM
Just nobody is making them... probably because they'd cost a fortune to make.
The real question is why would anyone WANT them?

Batty Buddy
Sep 30, 2003, 08:02 PM
Que Passa!!!!

The real question is why would anyone WANT them?

To ME the question is why anyone would NOT want them.

Hare
Oct 7, 2003, 10:33 PM
To go even deeper into the rabbit hole, I suppose there can be some technology created to render a persons vision into cell shading and replace all the people with furries. :D Yeah, that'd be sweet.

Everyone who has a pair of the glasses can upload a 3D model of their character into them, and ... well, yeah it is a far fetched, off the wall idea. Possible but not probable. I guess that is the correct term.